FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Ashes of the Galakaros Patch 10.0 WoW Expansion "Leak"

63278-vote-for-the-best-post-of-rwow-in-

In this post, we go over yet another "credible expansion leak" called Ashes of Galakaros.

With the Season of Leaks in full swing, we're looking at yet another expansion "leak" that appeared on the MMO-C forums.

Note that everything posted in this article could be entirely made up, so take everything with a grain of salt!

The "leak" also talks about Overwatch 2 and Diablo to some extent, teasing Overwatch 2 Beta starting in late February with public testing starting in mid-March.

Now let's move on to World of Warcraft.

• A new app called "Warcraft: Grimoire" is supposedly in the works slated for summer. It's supposed to be an interactive digital lore bible that they want to be a "living version of the Chronicle".
  • The supposed "leak" says the new expansion is called Ashes of Galakaros.
  • We "can expect" a new Hero class called the Tinker with 3 specializations (Tank / DPS / Healer).
  • Galakaros as the "Dragon Isles" are primordial volcanic islands located on the far side of Azeroth.
  • The expansion theme's about the origin of the dragonflights and all life on Azeroth. Elune will apparently be important.
  • A new Renown system is supposedly in the works for the new expansion. It's called "Accords". They should work just like Covenants, but only offer Cosmetics and Dragonsworn abilities for each specialization.
  • The "living world" is a new endgame world content model that gradually revamps zones in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, while telling a constantly evolving story. It's supposed to be "evergreen endgame content".
  • "Living world" is a long-term project that started with Darkshore, Arathi, and Tanaris. It should be expanded from there over time.
  • Cross faction play should eventually extend to world content and guilds, possibly reputations, and languages in the expansion. (Note that cross-faction play is coming in 9.2.5, but it will be limited to Communities for now).
  • The expansion story is supposed to revolve around Elune and Galakrond (a really weird combination if you ask me). The "leak" mentions players traveling to the moon and the landmass with Well of Eternity along with the dead husk of Y'Shaarj. Black Empire cultists stranded on Galakaros will try to revive him and the whole story is supposed to be connected to Elune and her role in helping the Titans sort our primordial Azeroth.
  • Galakrond's Fall map exists since Patch 8.2 and it has random tweaks every patch for some reason (even 9.2). Nothing has changed actually on the map, but it's weird they've made these changes to the map.

The following post was created based on MrGM's video that you can watch below.

• Like 1

Some of this seems like it can be cool but i don't trust leaks and prefer to go in fully disappointed that way blizzard can surprise me.... 

Edited by Crimson957

3 minutes ago, navysilan said:

Making a post because someone made a post called: Hey i have a friend in Blizzard

LOL

Have a good day ❤️

We're covering these "leaks" on a regular basis, as usual with every expansion.

While I am fairly sure it is a fake (Galakaros???) this is the best leak this season imo when it comes to content. The Living World system sounds like a slow World Revamp that actually adds a lot of content to each zone instead of just remaking it visually, I'd love to have Tinkers, it's still effectively Dragon Isles which is the most common guess, the way the power system works sounds far better than SL Covenants (each spec gets ONE ability but the way it looks depends on your chosen flight).

Galakrond (and Chromatus) should be significant characters for any Dragon Isles xpac. As for the link with Elune, there is one thematic link; the Aspects were empowered during a lunar eclipse for some reason. I'd rather bring back Odyn for a Dragon expansion though (as a possibly antagonist).

To be honest, i dont care whats the next expansion, i'm open for all stuff, but what i really, REALLY want to see is a new, awesome cinematic, like the Battle for Lordaeron. This was such a nice, hypeincreasing work and brought me to tears. No matter what followed, the cinematic developers allways did a wonderful job in my opinion.

Another sidenote:

Just in case, the tinker, or any other new class, will be a multirole class (tank, heal, dps) i would consider rerolling, since i'm mostly a tankplayer and druid does not catch me like it could. Or in other words: A new main, where i would have fun with all spec's aside tanking.

Edited by Baharok

18 hours ago, Nym85 said:

I'd rather bring back Odyn for a Dragon expansion though (as a possibly antagonist).

No offense, but you're probably one of the few who wants "Mr. Lava bаllsаck on his chin pointing at random things and yelling 'Valor, Worthy, Prove!'" to have any more presence in the story.

Edited by Teufel

1 hour ago, Teufel said:

No offense, but you're probably one of the few who wants "Mr. Lava bаllsаck on his chin pointing at random things and yelling 'Valor, Worthy, Prove!'" to have any more presence in the story.

Well he'd die in that scenario after trying to get rid of the dragons.

1 hour ago, Nym85 said:

Well he'd die in that scenario after trying to get rid of the dragons.

Given that for 3 expansions in a row he farts in his throne room, despite the curse binding him to it supposedly being lifted, making threats of facing his wrath and that means "that mortal guy will do it", I'd say he'll be dead in a prepatch.

21 hours ago, Stan said:

We're covering these "leaks" on a regular basis, as usual with every expansion.

Anything involving Tinker as a class should be thrown out, its not even amusing to consider anymore given its inevitable kitchen sink inclusion by anyone wanting to troll, drive clicks/views, or some other form of arbitrary internet points. Including it is like validating the National Enquirer as a respected news source.

14 minutes ago, SidonisAntares said:

Anything involving Tinker as a class should be thrown out, its not even amusing to consider anymore given its inevitable kitchen sink inclusion by anyone wanting to troll, drive clicks/views, or some other form of arbitrary internet points. Including it is like validating the National Enquirer as a respected news source.

To be fair, the Tinker fits the pedigree of the DK, Monk, and DH (RTS hero, major lore character, unique abilities, HotS revision, presence in WoW). The Goblin Tinker and Alchemist are the last two hero units from WC3 that don't have abilities within the class lineup, and their abilities are tech based, an archetype that we are missing within the classes. It stands to reason that it would be an upcoming class.

38 minutes ago, Mascaron said:

There are some interesting ideas in this leak that are, at least, fun to consider.

I think so as well. 🙂

I also think Blizzard is in a spot now, where they can adapt from alot other new games now. I mean they can regain some trust when taking a good look at the market and take ideas from other games and create their own system, content, maps and so on out of it. I dont say "copy", but it is an opportunity to "scan and execute".

Both for us customers and the company as well I hope the best. Oh please and get rid off the "fanboy simping" stuff. It is called positivity and hope is the least thing to die. Also i was playing other games in the last month's. Stuff like New World for example, still I enjoy WoW and making gold, not with boosting, but with currently 15 Level 60 alt's, missions and so on. Of course this will end with the next patch, at least at start, because i will push M+ again and have fun with my guild in the new raid.

Anyway, let's hope and give them a chance again. For those who aren't - have fun with your new "home"!

On the tinker issue, this is one of the few "leaks" that does a good job explaining why it would happen; the "Living World" system (a clever way to implement one of the few good clues we've gotten from datamining so far) uses Tanaris, a zone with a goblin/gnome focus that makes  a lot of sense to give Tinkers a strong theme (plus many people love the HS Gadzetan concept)

For me the biggest issue is that they add Darkshore & Arathi, both of which should be Alliance focused and I doubt they'd add a Neutral zone and then two zones focused on the same faction. It does make sense since it's the least effort given both those zones are ready when it comes to graphics.

Doesn't sound impressive......the hero class will likely be uber powerful to entice players to play it and when its old, it will get nerfed to the ground to match the other classes......it just seems dull.

8 hours ago, Bigbadvoodoo22 said:

To be fair, the Tinker fits the pedigree of the DK, Monk, and DH (RTS hero, major lore character, unique abilities, HotS revision, presence in WoW). The Goblin Tinker and Alchemist are the last two hero units from WC3 that don't have abilities within the class lineup, and their abilities are tech based, an archetype that we are missing within the classes. It stands to reason that it would be an upcoming class.

And they already went round and round with this in the closed Alpha back in 2003, and opted to instead add Engineering and Alchemy as professions rather than classes. People need to quit trying to make fetch happen.

37 minutes ago, SidonisAntares said:

And they already went round and round with this in the closed Alpha back in 2003, and opted to instead add Engineering and Alchemy as professions rather than classes. People need to quit trying to make fetch happen.

Well that’s false. The professions are based on the WC3 item system, and thus allow you to craft items that enhance your character, just like the items in WC3 used to do. 

Ths hero characters on the other hand were used for the classes. Which is why none of the Tinker or Alchemist’s attributes or abilities exist in either profession. You can’t craft robotic, transforming backpacks in engineering, and you can’t ride atop Ogres or make acid bombs in alchemy. Additionally, those two heroes are the last two heroes in WC3 whose abilities have never appeared in the class lineup. That’s something to strongly consider.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bigbadvoodoo22 said:

Well that’s false. The professions are based on the WC3 item system, and thus allow you to craft items that enhance your character, just like the items in WC3 used to do. 

Ths hero characters on the other hand were used for the classes. Which is why none of the Tinker or Alchemist’s attributes or abilities exist in either profession. You can’t craft robotic, transforming backpacks in engineering, and you can’t ride atop Ogres or make acid bombs in alchemy. Additionally, those two heroes are the last two heroes in WC3 whose abilities have never appeared in the class lineup. That’s something to strongly consider.

"Strongly to consider" (chuckles)

Healing Spray = Enfloressence/Healing Rain. Acid Bomb = Warbreaker. Chemical Rage = literally any attack speed buff, but let's say Unholy Assault. Transmute = yeah, there is no insta-kill ability in game... now. Ask Monks what happened to theirs. Rockets = Rain of Fire/Blizzard, Factory = Nether Portal, Boring passives, Transformation into a non-humanoid creature with extra oomph = Metamorphosis.

So... anything else going for those two "classes"? Because all of these "never appearing" abilities are in the game already, you speak purely of tech flavor. And I'm not even bringing profession items in the mix, and my is there enough gadgets in engineering to dig, even the moronic, but hillarious ones, like a shotgun shooting bandages at people.

If that wasn't enough, DHs were born from a wc3 hero with little identity, and it took a complete rework of Demonology and reskinning of plenty of other classes' abilities for them to happen, and those are still lack 3rd spec and you struggle to fill up the bars with what you do have.

Thanks, game hardly need those jokes, especially at the expense of existing classes and professions, even a Bard seems preferrable to them, and the only one interpretation I found amusing was Darkest Dungeons Jester, which tells a lot about my opinion on bards in general.

Same thing for Spellbreakers/Wardens/Necromancers/Whatever niche class people came up with.

Edited by Teufel