Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hymmnos

New to Affliction: Need Help with Stats and Mechanics

2 posts in this topic

2 Part Post

Part 1

So, I've played destruction up until VERY recently and I'v always wanted to give affliction a whirl as I really fell in love with the concept of using DoTs. Now that I'm a higher ilvl, I want to give it a go. I asked Mr. Robot what to reforge into from destro -> aff and it wants me to just gem and reforge haste out the wazoo. 

Battle.net Character Page

I'm sitting at around 17k haste and 11k mastery and I've been thinking whether I should be having more mastery. This is my first time really giving affliction a try so I don't know if Mr. Robot is incorrect in telling me to get ALL THE HASTE.

Ask Mr. Robot

Would anyone please comment or suggest things I could do to improve myself regarding stats?

Part 2

As I've said before, I'm relatively new to raiding with affliction and besides the stats, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with mechanics. I queued up for LFR2 and recorded the Iron Juggernaut battle.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/FQBAXH3N4jpk62Cm

Please excuse the late doomguard... I thought LFR might actually lust at 20.

If anyone would please give me any kind of tips or suggestions to help play affliction, I would really appreciate it. 

Edit: Tons of logs
From our alt run. Forgot to turn on log from start so no H Immersius or Norushen
I switched between aff and destro to whatever I felt more comfortable with. Any suggestions / critique / comments are welcome.
I've also now reforged to better play destro since I'm doing that for a few fights still. 15.5k haste and 12.5k mastery while affliction. Haste goes down to 13.5k when I switch to KTT because BBoY is just too good.

Edit 2: Questions:
Scenario: It's the opener and you get all your procs and empower your dots. As your dots are timing out, is it better to refresh them and get the pandemic bonus or is it better to let it fully tick in its empowered state?

Edited by Hymmnos

For single target, AMR is correct in telling you to reforge for Haste, however in multi target situations Mastery tends to win out.

If you go to the AMR page and click on the stat priority, it will offer a drop down menu to select a Mastery based reforge.

Remember that AMR does not calculate the best set up for your character individually, but rather reforges everyone the same in accordance with a predetermined set of stat weights. You need to tell it what you want, effectively.

Back on topic, the main reason Mastery is favoured is due to the nature of SoO having so many fights with multiple targets. This is further reinforced by many people off ir main speccing Destruction, where Mastery is far and away the most desired stat.

I can't look at logs properly on my phone, so can take a look later this evening.

Edited by Liquidsteel

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0