Rilm

[A - Defias Brotherhood - EU] A journey through Nightfire + recruiting for PvE/PvP.

Sign in to follow this  

1 post in this topic

Greetings all friends, acquaintances and strangers.

It is with a heavy heart to say that the summer months has come to an end, and that August is approaching. But the autumn has just begun and so have “we”.

But who's “we”? Well, I found rather fancy to use “we” instead of Nightfire in the sentence above, but that was just because it sounded, in a way, more properly. However, you now might think; Who are Nightfire?  - Great that you're wondering, because now I will take you through a journey.

Nightfire is a guild that were started early in April 2014. Nightfire itself were established by my brother and I, and we've played World of Warcraft together since the beginning, which is in fact close to 10 years this autumn (No, we are not virgins). However, throughout all these years we’ve both gained a lot of experience and knowledge about this game and it is safe to say that you’re in great hands.

But, why start a guild?

Well the answer is rather simple, we’ve both been in various guilds for the past years, actually since the beginning of Cataclysm and throughout the most of Mist of Pandaria. So, after been in different guilds for the past years, we’ve pretty much decided to establish a guild again, like we did in The Burning Crusade and Wrath of The Lich King.

Back in those days, we were quite successful (and that’s the facts and not to boast). We started a guild, and the main goal were to raid the end game contents. This worked out well, and we pretty much cleared everything Blizzard had to offer (and before you decide to comment any complains or say something stupid, try to organize and coordinate a guild yourself).

But enough about that. Nightfire does today contain of about 100 people, including alts and socials (so, it would probably be around 50-70 people, didn’t use my time to count every alt or social). However, the number is not important but what is are the members and their experience as well as knowledge and we are constantly evolving.

But let me tell you more about how Nightfire is structured.

Today, we are divided into two departments. This means, one department for PvE and of course the other for PvP. The reason why we wanted to establish a guild offering both aspects of the game, were mainly to create a wide and strong community for various players and their interest (I apologize for not mentioning RP as an aspect of the game. Many may look at RP as that, but personally I have no interest or experience with it).

How to become successful? (As a guild and a leader).

There is not an immediate recipe (like baking a bread, step by step) how to become a good leader. But I have, however, acquired some knowledge that I can happily share it you.

If there is one thing many leaders do wrong today, it is to listen. Many leaders do think they're in command and should always have the last word in a discussion. Well, I am not saying that a leader should not “stand up” and show that they’re a leader, but what I am saying is that some of them have to climb off their high horse, and listen to opinions and advice from others.

In addition listening to others, a good leader should also be brave enough to face up to challenging situations and handle them properly. Whether it is managing a guild in an adversity or get unmotivated players back on track. Going forward as a good example, creates confidence.

Furthermore, a leader should not be like others. It is important to stand out and be different. This way, other members see that you have a different management style and this also creates a respect. So if you have a passion for something whether it is getting achievements, mount runs or whatever is must be, do it and let other members join you. Use them and get to know them. Are you an enthusiastic or a funny guy? Get people to laugh. Use your strengths and personality traits to develop your personal leadership style.

So to sum this up. If you want to become a good leader, show that you are intellectually curious and eager to learn. Get insights and information from others, and be a good listener. Always look for new knowledge and show that you understand and see others. (Yes, I have studied pedagogy at the University Of Bergen, Norway).

But ok, I would not take myself granted for being a perfect leader but what I’ve wrote above is the ideas I am working to fulfil as a leader, and hopefully others got some tips from it. You are welcome.

What are we recruiting?

Mainly, as mentioned above we are constantly evolving and my idea is to create a good community within Nightfire. Therefore, we do not have any limitation of who we recruit, in terms of class and specialization. Everyone is pretty much welcome. But there are a few guidelines that must be met before applying to Nightfire and these are:

Age above 18.

Motivation to succeed and fail

Behave like an adult

What about raiding and battlegrounds?

During the summer I decided to step down with raiding and rated battleground, and that was mainly because various people had vacation and different time. But now, that the summer is close to an end, and people are coming back, I’ve decided to start up again this August. We are starting fresh on Siege of Orgrimmar, with new members and new motivation. The same goes along with Rated Battleground. So if you’re eager to join us on the journey I wouldn’t hesitate applying to us.

Where do I apply?

At the moment we're working on a brand new website for Nightfire, and that is not done yet. But in the meanwhile we've made a forum you could visit, and all application should be posted there.

The URL to the forum is: forum.nightfireguild.com.

If there is any other questions you might have, feel free to contact me in-game by either Athia or Rilm (my two main characters).

We hope to hear from you!

Best regards,

Athia (GM of Nightfire)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

Last week, Bay sat down with wordup and talked about Enhancement Shamans in Legon. He's back with another very detailed videos for all Brewmaster Monk players.
      In the 152nd episode he's joined by BrewingScribe & Paoanii (Envy).
      Bookmarks
      00:05:45 • Guest Roles for Brewmaster 00:22:18 • Brewmaster in 7.2.5 00:40:34 • 7.2 Artifact Traits 00:48:20 • Brewmaster in the Tomb of Sargeras 00:56:55 • Bugs/Tomfoolery with Brewmaster 01:06:06 • Mid-Show Commercial Break 01:11:18 • Brewmaster Artifact Challenge 01:16:14 • Stat Prioritization for Brewmaster 01:30:55 • Tier Sets Discussion 01:50:26 • What is the Brewmaster Community Up To? 01:52:45 • Builds and Talent Breakdown 01:59:16 • Brewmaster Trinket Prioritization For more information about Brewmaster Monks, visit our Brewmaster Monk PvE Tank Guide.
    • By Stan

Many players are still waiting for Patch 7.3 to go live, before they complete the Mage Tower Challenge for their Artifact weapon appearance, because with increasing item level, the challenge becomes more trivial. If you have your appearance unlocked and think how good you are, you probably haven't heard of Muddymonk!
      The player wrote on reddit that he finished Mage Tower Challenges for each class / specialization - that's a total of 36 challenges.

You can find more screenshots here.
    • By Stan

Redditor eke00372 uploaded a video of Argus the Unmaker from PTR. Blizzard opened Antorus for testing and a guild was able to access the raid's final boss, even though testing should have ended with Aggramar. The fight is still very unfinished. The boss can be CCed and isn't even an elite.
      After defeating Aggramar, you talk to Magni and get teleported to the Seat of the Pantheon.
      The fight takes place in an area called Seat of the Pantheon.

Rewards
      Multiple rewards await after you defeat Legion's final boss.
      Scythe of the Unmaker (Polearm Weapon Transmog).

Shackled Ur'zul mount drops from Mythic Argus.

Kirin Tor Summoning Crystal is obtained when you complete Blood of a Titan.

Insignia of the Grand Army from completing The Death of a Titan.
    • By FoxShine
      Hello! This is Fox from Velocity. We're a not-so-hardcore morning Mythic raiding guild on Sargeras. Currently 1/9M, 9/9H ToS. Last tier we reached 7/10M NH in the two months leading up to ToS. Now we'll be focusing on Mythic ToS progression. A fun fact about us, since were a morning guild we actually got 2 realm 1st's on Heroic. Worldwide our H Goroth kill was 15th, and Demonic Inquisition was 8th (according to wowprogress). Were looking for good and reliable players for our roster, mainly DPS, who can learn the fights quickly and attend our early raid times. 
      [A] <Velocity> 1/9M 9/9H (7/10M) - MORNING raid LFM
      Raid Times: 10am-1pm CST | Tues/Wed/Thurs / Mon(Opt/Alt)[/quote]

Looking for:
      Currently Need
      Ranged - Mage, Ele Sham, Hunter, Warlock, Boomkin
      Melee - Rogue, Ret Pally, Warrior, Demon Hunter
      Healer - Disc Priest, Resto Sham, Holy Pal.
      Would consider

Tank - Flex Bear
        Requirements: 
      Item Lvl:  915+/-
      Exp:  9/9H (Pref), 8/9H ok

*Specific classes are listed above as preference. However, any class is welcomed! We will consider anyone who is willing to join and can commit to our raid times, we may also make exceptions if you are under the requirements.

Expectations:
      We’re not super hardcore, we like having fun, but we do have high standards; so we expect our raiders to play their class well, come prepared, FOLLOW MECHANICS, have a sense of humor (or not) and adapt quickly. Prior Mythic raiding experience is a plus, though not necessary if you're a fast learner. 
      Due to our morning raid times, we encourage everybody to communicate about attendance via Calendar invites, Discord channels, or through tells with an officer. It’s important to know who will be available week-by-week so we can make arrangements for raid days. This is necessary to avoid setbacks and keep up with progression! We are very understanding when someone needs to post-out. Schedules change, things come up and real life always comes first. All we ask is for a heads up!
        Perks: Feasts, Codex, Spirit Cauldrons, near-unlimited guild repairs, and the occasional gem or enchants. We run alt raids and Mythic+ 15s with each other each week. We're a tight-knit guild, who's always joking around and helping each other out. We also play other games together outside of WoW, like Overwatch, SC2, Heroes, Diablo, Dota2, LoL and whatever else.

Additional Info: The morning slot is kind of niche, so it’s important we find players who are dedicated and realistic with their schedules.
      Our Officers are veteran players who have experience raiding at high levels, as well as a majority of our core players. We want to uphold a certain level of standard, the point being that we can joke and have fun while getting stuff done.
      If we sound like a good fit, let us know! Leave a reply here, send us a tell on BNET or in game. Or be old school and send an in-game mail! Thanks for reading, and we hope to hear from you soon! =D

Fox#1713
      Peach#1423 
      Ezmaya#1410
    • By Stan

A source of the latest information related to Patch 7.3 and beyond!
      Our Patch 7.3 hub organizes all 7.3 data and latest news coverage in a single place.
      Welcome to our centralized hub dedicated to the biggest patch ever introduced to World of Warcraft. For easier navigation, we'll keep it updated throughout testing by adding links to our latest coverage, so that you won't miss out on any important information.
      Patch 7.3
      This section contains major information about the patch.
      Returning Player Guide *new* Reputation Guides (Argussian Reach & Army of the Light) Ion Hazzikostas Patch 7.3 Interview  Content Rollout Schedule Dungeons (M+) Changes Build Highlights // Class Changes
      In this section, you will find the most recent changes sorted by build.
      Patch 7.3 Build 24853 Patch 7.3 Build 24727  Patch 7.3 Build 24651 Patch 7.3 Build 24608 // Feral Druid // Frost DK & Mage Changes Patch 7.3: Upcoming Frost Death Knight Changes Patch 7.3 Build 24539 // Patch 7.3 Feral Druid Changes Patch 7.3.0 Build 24500 Patch 7.3.0 Build 24473 Dev Notes
      Blizzard usually posts on the official forums once a new PTR build is deployed to test realms, giving an overview of new features that become available for testing.
      Build 24829 Build 24608 Build 24539 Build 24500 Build 24473 Artifact Power & Advancement
      In Patch 7.3, you will be able to unlock the Netherlight Crucible, a new way of Artifact customization via relics.
      Artifact Knowledge Changes The Netherlight Crucible (Extended Preview) (Build 24700) The Netherlight Crucible Clarifications (Official) The Netherlight Crucible Early Preview (Build 24608) Antorus the Burning Throne
      The new raid is currently tested on PTR and will be available in Patch 7.3.5.
      Antorus, the Burning Throne Raid Preview (Build 24473) Antorus Raid Rewards Antorus Raid Zone Preview Part 1 Antorus Raid Zone Preview Part 2 Antorus Raid Zone Preview Part 3 *new* Antorus & The Pantheon Legion Ending & Next Expansion Leaks New Creature Models (Antorus Bosses, Titans, Lore Characters) (Build 24473) Tier 21 Sets
      In Antorus, you will find Tier 21 Sets dropping from the bosses.
      Tier 21 Sets Preview (Normal Tints) // Mythic Tints Tier 21 Death Knight (Build 24608) Tier 21 Druid (Build 24500) Tier 21 Mage (Build 24651) Tier 21 Monk (Build 24539) Tier 21 Paladin (Build 24539) Tier 21 Priest (Build 24500) Tier 21 Rogue (Build 24539) Tier 21 Warlock (24651) Argus & Gameplay Videos
      Argus is a new planet that has three zones. Krokuun, Mac'Aree and Antoran Wastes. In the following articles, you will find detailed information about all the different zones.
      How to Get to Argus (Intro) Vindicaar Matrix Core Powers & Assessment Argus Gameplay Part 1 (up to Krokuun) (Build 24473) Argus Gameplay Part 2 (End of Chapter 1) (Build 24500) Argus Gameplay Part 3 (Mac'Aree) (Build 24539) New Factions
      Two new factions have been added to the game in Patch 7.3.
      Argussian Reach (Faction) Preview Army of Light Faction Preview Weapons of the Lightforged (Build 24473) Gearing & Alts
      All useful information in terms of gearing and alts.
      Reputation Catch-up & New Heirloom Amulet *new* Unsullied & Confiscated Gear *new* Veiled Argunite & New Gear Tokens Invasion Points
      A new type of repeatable content, aka scenarios with different stages with the goal to defeat a boss at the end.
      Invasion Points // "Lesser & Greater Rifts" Coming to WoW Invasion Point: Blood (Build 24539) Invasion Point: Ice (Build 24539) Seat of the Triumvirate
      A new five-player dungeon located in Mac'Aree (Argus)
      Seat of the Triumvirate (Dungeon) (Build 24608) New Transmog Items (Build 24500) Missions
      New Champion Equipment & Missions Mounts
      New Mounts (Build 24473) Lightforged Golem Mount Shackled Ur'zul (Mythic Argus Mount) Pets
      New Tameable Hunter Pets (Build 24781) New Pets (Build 24473) New Pets (Build 24853) Professions
      New Profession Updates (Build 24473) // The Future of Obliterum World Bosses
      New World Bosses (Build 24473) New Caster Animations
      In Patch 7.3, several caster Classes received updates to their animations.
      Official Preview Druid, Mage, Shaman Animations (Build 24473) Priest Animations (Build 24473) Restoration Shaman Animations (Build 24500)