FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Zagam and Friends vs Children's Cancer

Hey guys,

Some of you may have participated or helped me last year, and I'm here to tell you I'm back for another year of raising money to battle kid's cancer!

Last year's event/banner: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3664-extra-life-all-day-gaming-charity/

This year's team sign-up: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=16702

For those who don't know, basically it's a day that gamers spend all day playing games and raising money to assist with the treatment and working towards a cure for cancer, particularly the ones that affect children.  Last year was successful where we cleared every single raid WoW had to offer.  This year, I'll be streaming 24 hours of Diablo, WoW, and whatever else I find including my guild's 14/14H SoO clear.  The event isn't until October 25, but I'm starting awareness early this year!  Even if you don't sign up under my team, please create your own team and recruit people to seek out donations and help this amazing cause!   

Last year, I let whoever made the biggest donation every hour rename one of my pets and kept those names for 3 months.  This year, I'm going to have good stuff to give away for those who sign up, donate, or follow the all-day stream.  Please help me and Extra-Life work towards a great cause!

Love,

Zagam

• Like 1

Also, please note the awesome banner someone made for me last year.  If anyone's up for making a new one this year, I'd be extremely grateful!

I support Alliance characters, as well.  If someone wants to partner up with me and lead an Alliance side conquest, I'd put links to their streams on my page, too.  This isn't for us - it's for the kids suffering.  I walked into the hospital I donated to last year and met with some of the kids who knew what I did.  Even though I only raised $835, it meant the world to them.  I told them I was coming back better and stronger just like they were and this year, I mean it!

• Like 1

Love Extra-Life, and the global attention it gets.   :)

One idea for you is a raffle.   Sell tickets for $5-$10, and whoever wins, gets a prize.  Prize could be a carry through SoO with all loot and mount.  (Not sure if this is ToS breaking or not)

I know Mick Foley did this for Wrestlemania 30 this year, and he raised a ton of money.   I'm sure you can get over $1k+

Regardless thank you for everything, and in WoD should I stack crit or mastery? :)

Thought about doing various things for a SoO run, like the largest donation received in the first 16 hours or something.  I'm not selling tickets - I want donations to come through, of which I see all of them unless someone donates anonymously.  Since I'm not directly profiting from anything, it won't be against the ToS. 

Don't worry about what we're stacking in WoD.  Blizz decided this for us with Attunements.  It'll be up to us, once we get final iterations, to decide if they were right or wrong.

You sir, while a dark god of demonic magics, are a hero. You're awesome, Zag.

Appreciate that, but I'm not the one battling cancer.  Chaos Bolts during procs is easy - waking up at 6am for chemo when you should be playing with toys or sleeping is brutal.  This is why I do this and more for these kids.

• Like 1

Appreciate that, but I'm not the one battling cancer.  Chaos Bolts during procs is easy - waking up at 6am for chemo when you should be playing with toys or sleeping is brutal.  This is why I do this and more for these kids.

I call a spot for the t6 seasons runs!

If I could get involved I would help out and join, but don't know if eu servers can connect to us servers?.

I'm abit of a tech noob , I'm off that week so available?.

I'm in EU aswell, i'll tell my friends and minions to tune in on the stream and i'll make a donation myself. I will try my very best to support this as best as i can, i've worked 3 years with those little things and i'm a uncle for 4 kids from 3-7 so this cause means a lot to me!

To actually do something like this is simply incredible, you deserve a whole cake just for yourself Zagam.

/salute

If I could get involved I would help out and join, but don't know if eu servers can connect to us servers?.

I'm abit of a tech noob , I'm off that week so available?.

You don't even have to be online for this - it's the spirit of the event.  A lot of people will play offline games like D&D or PS3/Xbox games.  You can either sign up on my team, sign up for someone else's team, or make your own team. 

I'm in EU aswell, i'll tell my friends and minions to tune in on the stream and i'll make a donation myself. I will try my very best to support this as best as i can, i've worked 3 years with those little things and i'm a uncle for 4 kids from 3-7 so this cause means a lot to me!

To actually do something like this is simply incredible, you deserve a whole cake just for yourself Zagam.

/salute

This is the easiest way to give back to the community, especially something so impactful.  If I'm going to use my kinda-internet-famous name for something, this would be it.  I plan on making this a lifelong thing, even after video games are done.  I could come back one day a year if this is what it'll amount to!

12.5 hours til live streaming!  Work needs to be over so I can go home and nap.  I gotta set up my camera, too, so you guys can deal with my ugly mug. 

work is dragging so bad today. want to get home and nap for a few hours too before the marathon, I may need to cut out tomorrow night though, some friends are going out and Lybbie wants to go out with them, so it may only be 20 hours for me.

I think we should make a friendly wager though. You're $800 ahead of me right now, but if I can close the gap in donations not only do you rename mr. wiggles but you also add the ZagHam to your forum signature

w8Fl9jG.png

I'll take the friendly wager because there's no way you're coming close to me. 

If I stay ahead of you, you change your DK's name to Mrwiggles.

haha, how about I'll change my display name here for a week. Username: Mr. Wiggles Rank: The ZagHam. changing my DK's name and then eventually changing it back would cost money.

haha, how about I'll change my display name here for a week. Username: Mr. Wiggles Rank: The ZagHam. changing my DK's name and then eventually changing it back would cost money.

you don't gamble often, do you.

• Like 1

Money is tight at the moment, I'd rather not spend it on name changes right now.