FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Mage Leveling Guide

no scorch for arcane

Thanks, fixed! I couldn't edit the talent tree on WowDB for some reason, but the guide is going to be completely rewritten during the WoD beta, anyway smile.png

Uh, the Fire leveling section asks to use a lot of spells that Fire no longer can... Frost Bomb, Blizzard, Shatter?

Thanks, not sure how I let that slip!

Guest Jim

In the Frost Leveling 85-100 you suggest using Frost Bomb, however the recommended talents don't talent for it. It says to take Unstable Magic instead.

4.3. AoE Damage

As a Frost Mage, you can easily pull large groups of enemies. What you should aim for is to cast wow_icon_spell_mage_frostbomb.jpg Frost Bomb on one of the enemies of the group. Then, follow up with wow_icon_spell_frost_icestorm.jpg Blizzard until the mobs reach you. Then use wow_icon_spell_frost_frostnova.jpg Frost Nova or your Water Elemental'swow_icon_spell_frost_frostnova.jpg Freeze and wow_icon_spell_arcane_blink.jpg Blink away. Rinse and repeat.

Guest Finwik

Are any of other lvl 90 talents viable to use while leveling other than RoP? I find myself moving around a lot and fprgeting to set the rune down, the passive seems like less upkeep but is it that big of a loss not using RoP?

In the Frost Leveling 85-100 you suggest using Frost Bomb, however the recommended talents don't talent for it. It says to take Unstable Magic instead.

4.3. AoE Damage[/size]

As a Frost Mage, you can easily pull large groups of enemies. What you should aim for is to cast wow_icon_spell_mage_frostbomb.jpg Frost Bomb[/size] on one of the enemies of the group. Then, follow up with wow_icon_spell_frost_icestorm.jpg Blizzard[/size] until the mobs reach you. Then use wow_icon_spell_frost_frostnova.jpg Frost Nova[/size] or your Water Elemental'swow_icon_spell_frost_frostnova.jpg Freeze[/size] and wow_icon_spell_arcane_blink.jpg Blink[/size] away. Rinse and repeat.

I fixed this, thank you! 

Are any of other lvl 90 talents viable to use while leveling other than RoP? I find myself moving around a lot and fprgeting to set the rune down, the passive seems like less upkeep but is it that big of a loss not using RoP?

Incanter's Ward will work just as well smile.png

I'd personally go for Mirror Images for lvl90 talent, because there are rares in every corner of Draenor. With your Mirror Images and Water Elemental tanking, you should have no problems soloing these elites. :)

But Incanter's Ward is also a very good choice!

Guest Guest

Talents and glyphs link for frost mage on the leveling guide is not working for me

Guest Ignyte

This guide is out of date now.  some abilities mentioned in this guide have been removed from the game.

I have a question regarding dungeon quest turn in. I see that at Lvl 67 (which I should hit tonight) several new dungeons will have one-time quests available. Is it possible to run all the dungeons but hold back on turning in the quests until I activate an Elixir of the Rapid Mind and then travel quickly back to each dungeon to turn them all in for 300% XP gain on all of them? If this is possible are there any negatives to this strategy? Thanks to anyone who answers and great guide that I've found to be extremely helpful.

I have a question regarding dungeon quest turn in. I see that at Lvl 67 (which I should hit tonight) several new dungeons will have one-time quests available. Is it possible to run all the dungeons but hold back on turning in the quests until I activate an Elixir of the Rapid Mind and then travel quickly back to each dungeon to turn them all in for 300% XP gain on all of them? If this is possible are there any negatives to this strategy? Thanks to anyone who answers and great guide that I've found to be extremely helpful.

Yes, it's possible to do this. The drawback is, that you don't get 300% bonus XP on the bosses and mobs in the dungeons.

However, the positive side is, that if your dungeon group is not so good and you die, you won't waste the potion.

Guest Iseldur

Quick question, does this guide imply that fire is at the moment the best leveling build for legion?

13 minutes ago, Guest Iseldur said:

Quick question, does this guide imply that fire is at the moment the best leveling build for legion?

Yes, it does.

Guest Iseldur
16 hours ago, Blainie said:

Yes, it does.

Thank you, will be going fire then.

5 hours ago, Guest Iseldur said:

Thank you, will be going fire then.

No problem! Good luck with levelling and don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions!

Guest sanu

Fire mage is not the best way to go I followed ur guide and I'm more immobile than frost I dunno what I'm doing wrong I got the artifact but I keep dieing before the mobs 

20 hours ago, Guest sanu said:

Fire mage is not the best way to go I followed ur guide and I'm more immobile than frost I dunno what I'm doing wrong I got the artifact but I keep dieing before the mobs 

I'm not sure how you can be so immobile with Scorch, if needed. How are you generally handling mobs?

Guest Lumsk

After i hit 110 it seems the content outscaled me once again. I usually end up doing 40-50K dps to single target random mobs while everyone else is hitting 200K and above fairly easy. Can't solo 2 mobs at once now without either getting stomped or having to kite like mad.  Have to throw down rune of power and use combustion alot and its now a must for even the std solo pve boss fights you get while questing. Artifact is at lvl 13. My iLvl is 753 with 37% crit and 16% mastery.  I push into the 100K range in larger fights when someone is tanking, but it's still pretty far from where i feel i should be.  I don't even bother with doing dungeons until i get this stuff sorted.

I played Mage from Vanilla and up until Pandaria and i don't remember that it ever was this kind of a hassle to play and endgame.

21 hours ago, Guest Lumsk said:

After i hit 110 it seems the content outscaled me once again. I usually end up doing 40-50K dps to single target random mobs while everyone else is hitting 200K and above fairly easy. Can't solo 2 mobs at once now without either getting stomped or having to kite like mad.  Have to throw down rune of power and use combustion alot and its now a must for even the std solo pve boss fights you get while questing. Artifact is at lvl 13. My iLvl is 753 with 37% crit and 16% mastery.  I push into the 100K range in larger fights when someone is tanking, but it's still pretty far from where i feel i should be.  I don't even bother with doing dungeons until i get this stuff sorted.

I played Mage from Vanilla and up until Pandaria and i don't remember that it ever was this kind of a hassle to play and endgame.

How on earth are you item level 753 at level 110? Gear is 100% your problem here.

Guest Lumsk

Did it like the game suggested i guess. Did all the questlines and that was pretty much what i ended up with.  Got it to 786 now and 47% crit but its still lagging far behind pretty much everyone unless i get procs from hell and back.  Did my first legion dungeon today. Eye of Azshara and the pace was just hopeless if i were to use rune and combustion for the trash, so i guess that cant be expected. And when i didnt i were lucky to break into 100K.   Mage used to be so much fun, even with way to much buffing and summoning food etc, but this is just pleh.  Fishing for pyros all day long. Where did all the pew pew go. :(

On 10/8/2016 at 11:09 PM, Guest Lumsk said:

Did it like the game suggested i guess. Did all the questlines and that was pretty much what i ended up with.  Got it to 786 now and 47% crit but its still lagging far behind pretty much everyone unless i get procs from hell and back.  Did my first legion dungeon today. Eye of Azshara and the pace was just hopeless if i were to use rune and combustion for the trash, so i guess that cant be expected. And when i didnt i were lucky to break into 100K.   Mage used to be so much fun, even with way to much buffing and summoning food etc, but this is just pleh.  Fishing for pyros all day long. Where did all the pew pew go. :(

Fingers crossed that some gear will clear things up for you. Have you been through Suramar yet to try get some stuff from there?

Guest chizzmaster

is this leveling guide still viable in 7.1.5 or is frost/arcane on pair or even better to level from 100-110 now?
since the guide havent been updated since "  Last updated on Aug 29, 2016 at 18:40 by Furty "

23 hours ago, Guest chizzmaster said:

is this leveling guide still viable in 7.1.5 or is frost/arcane on pair or even better to level from 100-110 now?

You can level with any spec you truly wish to, but I would stick with either Fire or Arcane currently. 

Given the new catchup on Artifact Knowledge (assuming it's not your first character), you can also catch up extremely quick on your artifacts anyway.

Sign in to follow this