FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Arms Warrior 6.2

Thunderclap is a PVP only ability now, for all intents and purposely. It's an AOE snare, like fury's Piercing Howl.

Literally 10 days until WOD I'll be damned if I care about current min/maxing, nor should anyone else. The guide will be receiving updates probably on the week of release to become current with WOD updates, anyway.

Guest Jerch

You talk about being enrages for both glyphs and enraged regen, but I was under the impression they removed the enrage mechanic from arms completely?

Guest xycore

I'm just wondering if Scabbard of Kyanos is worth buying? is it a dps gain vs trinkets from hc?

Guest Alucard#11715

Why exactly is Crit a more important stat over Mastery? Since there's no enrage anymore, MS/CS crits no longer give the constant 10% damage buff, so is there really any reason to keep taking crit for the bonus on the 10% crit damage from Reck over something like more powerful CS/MS/EX? Or haste stacking for more frequent MS's and whirlwinds?

Because more rage from AA crits, and general double damage from crits.

And mastery becomes completely useless after 3 or more targets.

Guest Slaman

In the glyph section the ability_racial_bloodrage.jpgGlyph of Enraged Speed is listed.

The author should remove it, as Arms has no way of getting enraged anymore biggrin.png

Berserker Rage? I use it all the time...

The Execute costs 10 rage by default, but you can spend up to 30 more rage (+300% cost) to do +200% damage with it. 

Casting one 40 rage execute will do less damage than casting four 10 rage executes. 

For that reason, using Execute during execute phase while Colossus Smash debuff is on the target "only" if you have 40 rage while every other ability is unavailable is a DPS loss. 

In other words, if you have 10 rage, CS is on the target, and everything else is one the cooldown, you should use a 10 rage Execute, it's more rage-efficient than 10+ rage Executes. 

Guest wly

Hey guys,

can someone explain why you refresh your "rend" dot on your target while its still ticking instead of waiting for it to expire because of that final burst? Wouldnt it increase your dps to refresh it as soon as it expires?

All DOTs in WOD inherit affliction's "pandemic" effect, where if you refresh the duration in the last 20% (or something), it extends and adds to the duration. And in rend's case, it doesn't forgo the ending final tick.

Guest Sven

For the execute rotation, why is Execute before Colossus Smash?

4. Use wow_icon_inv_sword_48.jpgExecute when you have 60 or more Rage.

5. Use wow_icon_ability_warrior_colossussmash.jColossus Smash. (pool at least 60 rage)

Guest Cereal

Hello!

I was thinking about a macro for Rend which places Rend on an other target if it has more than 5 secs on the current target.

Is such thing exists? Is it possible to make? That would be so useful.

Regards

Guest Starship

Hello, first post here so I have logged in as guest.

I have a question about the priority list for Arms single target DPS, outside of Colossus Smash, but inside of Execute range. I will type it below for reference.

1. Maintain Rend

2. Ravager

3. Bladestorm (as long as you will not cap your rage)

4. Execute at 60 or more rage

5. Colossus Smash (saving up 60 rage before using it)

6. Storm Bolt

[if you have taken Sudden Death, Execute procs via SD are top priority]

My question specifically asks about the "conditions necessary" to trigger the use of step 5. If I am at 90 rage (just an example) and go down the priority list, I might go, "Okay, Rend is already on the target, Ravager is on cooldown, Bladestorm is on cooldown, okay I could use Execute now." And then I use Execute. I go down from 90 rage to 50 rage. I go through the priority list again, and I decide that I don't have enough rage for another Execute right now (because I lack 60 rage, only having 50). And then I also skip step 5's Colossus Smash for the same reason, right? Not enough rage? So then I go to step 6, and use Storm Bolt, since that's free. By this time let's say I've white swinged the target and now I'm at 80 rage or something. I go back through the priority list and come down to step 4 and Execute the target again, leaving me at 40 rage... etc.

See where I am going with this? I am confused on how I am ever possibly going to meet the criteria for using Colossus Smash here. I assume you guys want me to do that because you provide an "Inside Colossus Smash Execute" priority list, but without a means to actually get around to using Colossus Smash in the priority list, how am I ever going to get there? Isn't Execute always going to override my ability to ever get to step 5 on the priority list?

Does my question make sense? If not, I'll try to reword it. But if you do understand my question I'd appreciate a clarification on this. Thank you.

Guest Guest-Sven

Will the recent hotfixes add Thunderclap into our single target and aoe rotations?

Hello! In the talents page you stated

wow_icon_ability_warrior_bladestorm.jpgBladestorm is currently the best talent for both single target and AoE DPS.

But later on in the rotations page you state

wow_icon_ability_warrior_bladestorm.jpgBladestorm, if chosen instead of Bloodbath, should also be used as often as possible, but only against 3 or more targets. You should stack it with any cooldowns or buffs that you can.

Can you please clarify?

Guest Raz415

Does the stat priority change in PvE because of the hotfix? People in PvP are going crazy about stacking Mastery now.

The Execute costs 10 rage by default, but you can spend up to 30 more rage (+300% cost) to do +200% damage with it. 

Casting one 40 rage execute will do less damage than casting four 10 rage executes. 

For that reason, using Execute during execute phase while Colossus Smash debuff is on the target "only" if you have 40 rage while every other ability is unavailable is a DPS loss. 

In other words, if you have 10 rage, CS is on the target, and everything else is one the cooldown, you should use a 10 rage Execute, it's more rage-efficient than 10+ rage Executes. 

Returning to that old post with some thoughts:

The only advantage one 40 rage Execute has over four 10 rage Executes is time. And as Arms, you need to do maximum damage during the short Colossus Smash debuff.

I haven't actually tested this with simcraft, will do later, but my hunch is that during execute phase, optimally, you want to hold off on spending rage as much as you can, and spend it all on Executes during Colossus Smash.

Sudden Death talent is counter-productive for this. For Arms, Sudden Death procs allow you to cast a 10 rage Execute for free. If that happens during Execute phase, Sudden Death will "provide" the 10 rage for a free Execute, but casting that Execute will consume up to 30 more rage. 

Normally, you want to spend your Sudden Death procs as fast as possible, but doing that during Execute phase will leave you rage-starved, and unable do dish out massive damage during Colossus Smash. 

The whole execute having an upward scaling DPR might have been something that was true a while ago, though as of now I believe it's linear (though a friend says that a 10 rage execute is actually the most rage efficient, though obviously we have no consistent way of hitting only 10 rage)

Anyway, gonna make some updates to the arms guide later when I get the time.

E: According to my friend, execute's DPR actually goes DOWN as you spend more rage on it. What A1 game design we have.

Edited by Jalopy

The whole execute having an upward scaling DPR might have been something that was true a while ago, though as of now I believe it's linear (though a friend says that a 10 rage execute is actually the most rage efficient, though obviously we have no consistent way of hitting only 10 rage)

Anyway, gonna make some updates to the arms guide later when I get the time.

E: According to my friend, execute's DPR actually goes DOWN as you spend more rage on it. What A1 game design we have.

Yes, Execute is rage-inefficient. I quoted my own post where I say that: 

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/7312-arms-warrior-603/page-2#entry84674

Will the recent buff of Thunderclap add the spell into our rotation?

Edited by Sven

Sign in to follow this