FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Arms Warrior 6.2

Guest Arlynn

Hello,

i dont understand two statements in this guide.

First, the level 90 talent:

Bladestorm is currently the best talent for both single target and AoE DPS.

And in the cooldown section:

Bladestorm, if chosen instead of Bloodbath, should also be used as often as possible, but only against 3 or more targets.

Seems to be inconsistence...

If it is the best talent in single target dps, why only use it against three or more targets ?

Greetings

Regarding the changes you just made, for the execute phase you wrote that we should have at least 60 rage rage before using colossus smash. Shouldn't this be lower since we're using 10 rage executes? (instead of 40 rage executes)

Guest Mercer

Why is it imortant to make sure you have 6 seconds of sweeping strikes up before bladestorming?

Why is it imortant to make sure you have 6 seconds of sweeping strikes up before bladestorming?

Isn't it obvious? Because sweeping strikes cleave Bladestorm damage. 

Guest Mercer

Isn't it obvious? Because sweeping strikes cleave Bladestorm damage. 

It's not obvious. Because it doesn't.

Guest Shwob

How in the world does this new section about executes make sense at all.  The DPR only goes up the more rage that you spend, unless I am completely missing something.  In game I always go into CS with full rage and can get like 3-4 40rage Executes off and if i dont have enough rage for another I just dump in a MS.  I dont see how doing low rage executes would be a damage increase at all.  Some sort of better explanation as to why using 10 rage executes is more beneficial and also better wording this section, since I found several things contradictory, would be helpful.

Guest Mercer

How in the world does this new section about executes make sense at all.  The DPR only goes up the more rage that you spend, unless I am completely missing something.  In game I always go into CS with full rage and can get like 3-4 40rage Executes off and if i dont have enough rage for another I just dump in a MS.  I dont see how doing low rage executes would be a damage increase at all.  Some sort of better explanation as to why using 10 rage executes is more beneficial and also better wording this section, since I found several things contradictory, would be helpful.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=163201/execute

Execute:

Initial cost: 10

Initial damage: 175

Initial damage per rage: 17.5

Extra cost: 30

Extra damage: 350

Extra damage per rage: 11.7

4x10 rage executes >> 1x40 rage execute.

That being said, it's still very worth it to pool rage going into CS becuase CS almost doubles all abilities DPR.

Guest Noref

The problem is... we can't choose to use only 10 rage execute if we have more rage available smile.png so the point is, whatever you do it's still better to wait for a CS with full rage, and then spam execute.

Guest Noref

Hello, according to 6.1 changes Avatar gets a buff with a cooldown cut in half and only 4s less duration. Could you add it in your rotation page cooldown usage section for optimal use plz ? smile.png

Multistrike does not seem to proc enhanced rend. I think it can proc Sudden Death though. That is the only thing you can proc, if you have it.
Multistrike is a dmg boost while having increased proc chance on some stuff.
The proc chance is not used for arms warrior, so only dmg boost is used.
Versatillity and Multistrike give same % per rating.
100% Mutilstrike deals 60% more dmg.
100% Versatillity deals 100% more dmg.
I don't see a reason to use Multistrike as Arms.

Some talk about Execute dmg per Rage. And it is true 10 rage execute is more rage efficient, BUT
During encounters last 20% HP or during CS debuff on target, we are NOT trying to be efficient on rage.
We look for dmg per global cooldown and dmg per second.

EDIT:
This is flawed, read the next few posts to get correct values.

Edited by Arthonor

Multistrike does not seem to proc enhanced rend. I think it can proc Sudden Death though. That is the only thing you can proc, if you have it.

Multistrike is a dmg boost while having increased proc chance on some stuff.

The proc chance is not used for arms warrior, so only dmg boost is used.

Versatillity and Multistrike give same % per rating.

100% Mutilstrike deals 60% more dmg.

100% Versatillity deals 100% more dmg.

I don't see a reason to use Multistrike as Arms.

A bit of flawed math here.  You are forgetting that 100% MS rating =/= 100% vers rating, since it takes 66 MS rating to equal 1% MS and 130 vers rating to equal 1% vers.  To get your 100% of either you would need EITHER 6,600 MS rating to get 100% MS OR 13,000 Vers rating to get 100% Vers, nearly DOUBLE the amount needed to get to your scenario.

A bit of flawed math here.  You are forgetting that 100% MS rating =/= 100% vers rating, since it takes 66 MS rating to equal 1% MS and 130 vers rating to equal 1% vers.  To get your 100% of either you would need EITHER 6,600 MS rating to get 100% MS OR 13,000 Vers rating to get 100% Vers, nearly DOUBLE the amount needed to get to your scenario.

I did fail the math, but not as much, or there is some high DR on vers, that I don't know about.

I have 483 vers, that give me 6.72%. That is 71.875 rating to get 1% vers.

6600 rating:

MS give 60% dmg increase.

Vers. give 91,82% dmg increase.

I did fail the math, but not as much, or there is some high DR on vers, that I don't know about.

6600 rating:

I am sorry, we have a 3% base versatility(dmg), that I failed to notice.

130 rating to 1% is correct.

At 6600 rating Vers. give 50,8% dmg boost.

10% less than multistrike.

The only benefit with Vers. would be to help the healers in most encounters, ad the cost of dps loss.

6600 rating:

That would be your BUFFED Vers that is 6.72%, since 483 rating is 3.72% and the buff is 3%, which would give you your 6.72%.  

Guest Jimbo

I think a section has been missed since 6.1 and the Slam changes. It states on the first page that Slam is the best dps for single target, but on the rotations page it says that it should only be used outside of CS in place of WW.

I suspect the CS phase of the rotation should now include Slam (if chosen). And it might have a higher place outside of CS.

I'm here to try and work out how I can use slam in arms, but the guide doesn't seem fully updated.

I am sorry, we have a 3% base versatility(dmg), that I failed to notice.

130 rating to 1% is correct.

At 6600 rating Vers. give 50,8% dmg boost.

10% less than multistrike.

The only benefit with Vers. would be to help the healers in most encounters, ad the cost of dps loss.

Multistrike vs.Versatility

Since Vers. also adds dmg to MS, we can not simply compare their dmg boost.

I did some math, and a large scheme and some formulas.

My result is:

Keep Versatility very close to 2000 rating lower than Multistrike rating.

Until you have 2000 MS rating, you wouldn't want Versatility.

If you have 2300 MS, you would want 300 Vers.

If you have 2600 MS, you want 600 Vers.

And so forth.

This way Vers. adds enough dmg and helps MS dmg enough to make up for the extra cost, and some more.

If you transfer the 600 Vers. to the 2600 MS, so you have 3200 MS, you will loose dps.

I think a section has been missed since 6.1 and the Slam changes. It states on the first page that Slam is the best dps for single target, but on the rotations page it says that it should only be used outside of CS in place of WW.

I suspect the CS phase of the rotation should now include Slam (if chosen). And it might have a higher place outside of CS.

I'm here to try and work out how I can use slam in arms, but the guide doesn't seem fully updated.

I find Slam to be the best talent choise for that tier talents, for single targets atleast.

I use CS - MS - Slam - Slam - Slam.

6 seconds have now passed and u are on GCD. after this MS is ready again.

From u start CS til u have time to refresh rend, 7.5 seconds will pass.

If there is conflict u have to choose. w8 till rend have 5 sec left on target and refresh, then use CS or use CS phase immediately.

Latter case, you have to choose again. Use MS fast after CS phase then refresh Rend or opposite order.

I have no real test of what is best.

In here I see "keep rend up is most important" and "keep MS on CD at all times"

Personally I'd say keep CS on cd at all times, except if rend can be refreshed before(has less than 5 sec left on target)

You have to make sure that, with the rage you have and the rage u generate, u have enough to use all the stuff in CS phase and the MS right after.

Also with 6.5 seconds left of rend, you can use a MS - Rend (w8 for <5sec left) - CS - Slam *3 - MS(Just before CS phase end).

ofc. this require a little haste, but not much. Remember you can queue next action, like 250ms(can be adjusted in settings) before GCD runs out.

pls correct me if I missed some timings.

Edited by Arthonor

Siegebreaker seems to me, to be a PvP talent. It fits very poorly into rotations.

By taking Siegebreaker, you sacrifice CD on tier 4 and 6 talents and Recklessness and Heroic Leap, which is maybe a bigger loss than gain.

If you have Anger Management you should(depending on below requirements) be able to use Storm Bolt in every CS phase.

Storm Bolt does not fit with Slam, so I would choose Taste for Blood to burn more rage and still have enough for CS phase.

The conflict here is, that you need to burn 300 rage to get Storm Bolt rdy to next CS.
During execute phase, you can properly do it.
But else the most costly ability u have is 20 rage cost.
CS has 20 sec CD, that is 13 hits, which is 260 rage.

If you take Slam, you can spam it for a while and spend 30 rage in each hit. With a few mortal strikes and a rend refresh, maybe u can do it.

Not really time for other CD's and will you get enough rage for this.?
Perhaps with enough Multistrike and Crit.

Otherwise you need to make a haste build. and go Taste for Blood.
Less GCD = more hits = more rage burning.
Maybe with Multistrike also you get get enough rage from Taste for Blood.

If you can find a way to make this build work, go for it. I'd say u need some powerfull gear.

Dragon Roar is pretty close in base dmg. It is to be used only outside of CS phase. And is always a crit.
Storm Bolt is better if you crit with it in CS phase. But if you sacrifice much to do it, I'm not sure it is worth it.

If you want Storm Bolt, and you can't make it work in every CS and don't want to sacrifice alot to make it happen. I'd say you should use it as a 40sec CD and use it in every 2nd CS.

Again this is speculations, and not tested.
I just havn't seen anyone have arguments in the matter, so hope someone who have tested it, will share some arguments.

Maybe with Multistrike also you get get enough rage from Taste for Blood.

Taste for Blood does not proc from MS.

Even if Rend ticks get a MS or even a Crit, you still only get 3 rage.

Only haste can affect the effectiveness of this talent.

Guest Mann

This guide is ridiculous in so many ways as in suggesting critical strikes over mastery as arms is just simply wrong, mastery is way ahead of critical strike.

Not sure if this was already mentioned or not, but a good macro to include on this list would be Rend/Hamstring for Arms warrior.

Since Hamstring isn't on the global cooldown it is applied automatically with rend. It's a neat little trick I stumbled across while glancing over my spellbook. Just thought I'd share. :)

Not sure if this was already mentioned or not, but a good macro to include on this list would be Rend/Hamstring for Arms warrior.

Since Hamstring isn't on the global cooldown it is applied automatically with rend. It's a neat little trick I stumbled across while glancing over my spellbook. Just thought I'd share. smile.png

Thanks. The problem with this is that it is very Rage-inefficient and generally not worth doing. If you look at the logs of top warriors, you'll see that they aren't using it either.

Sign in to follow this