Damien

Arms Warrior 6.2

Sign in to follow this  

82 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Arms Warrior guide.

The Arms 'rotation' for Outside of CS, Single-Target mentions using Slam instead of whirlwind if you have taken that talent.  However, WW is not listed in the list.

It is listed for the 'During CS' portion.

The Arms 'rotation' for Outside of CS, Single-Target mentions using Slam instead of whirlwind if you have taken that talent.  However, WW is not listed in the list.

It is listed for the 'During CS' portion.

I believe this is now fixed, thanks :)

Is there any haste cap as arms, fury is 11%,so if I get there do I gem crit?

There's no cap.

Unfortunately they removed charge weaving sad.png

• Charge no longer generates Rage when charging against a non-player target multiple times in a row. Charge will still always generate Rage when used against other players.

Unfortunately they removed charge weaving sad.png

• Charge no longer generates Rage when charging against a non-player target multiple times in a row. Charge will still always generate Rage when used against other players.

Yep! This is getting removed from the guide now :) Even easier! Thanks for pointing it out.

I don't understand, you say Colossus smash is our top priority if the debuff isn't already applied on our target, but you put Colossus smash in 3rd position in the single target rotation, am I missing something ?

I don't understand, you say Colossus smash is our top priority if the debuff isn't already applied on our target, but you put Colossus smash in 3rd position in the single target rotation, am I missing something ?

So, Colossus Smash is essentially everything your rotation revolves around, and when you have it available with the Rage requirement, you should cast it. Rend is ahead of it because, well, maintaining your bleed should always be your "top" priority (and it will never really interfere with CS). Now, Mortal Strike just does so much damage that it is important to maximise the number of hits you get with it throughout the course of the fight, even if that means getting a MS in before a CS.

I've removed a mention at the very start of the guide that implied that you should always cast CS as soon as possible. I hope everything is clear now.

The minor glyph you reccomend for Arms Warrior called "Bloody Healing" is now ONLY for Protection Warriors

Thanks, fixed!

You mention that rend can be cast again on the target with 5seconds left on the debuff however there is a final burst dmg when the debuff expires. Wouldnt it be better to wait until the debuff expires and then cast it immediatly after?

You mention that rend can be cast again on the target with 5seconds left on the debuff however there is a final burst dmg when the debuff expires. Wouldnt it be better to wait until the debuff expires and then cast it immediatly after?

No. It's better for DPS to refresh the debuff before it expires. If you refresh with 5 seconds or less on the duration, then you do not lose out on any damage.

Vlad - The guide lists Haste as the #1 stat for Arms, but I've Simcrafted my war about every 3 days with the last 5+ releases of Simcraft and none of them have listed Haste anywhere close to the top stat.  It is behind Crit, Multi, STR, AP on every Sim I've run.  I'm not in BiS, half mythic/heroic gear at 581 with 2 set bonus, but just by chance I have a heavy haste build from the pieces that have tended to drop for me.  I figured the stat value might decrease once past a certain threshold so I also Simmed the top warriors on warcraftlogs, but they're also not showing Haste at the top.

None of the top logs are going heavy haste builds, and Simcrafting the top ranked Arms warriors on the logs also puts them with Haste below all the stats I listed above for my own warrior.  This includes the current release (build 19034) of Simcraft, but also every release since 6.02.

Can you give some more details on how you arrived at the currently recommended stat priorities?

Vlad - The guide lists Haste as the #1 stat for Arms, but I've Simcrafted my war about every 3 days with the last 5+ releases of Simcraft and none of them have listed Haste anywhere close to the top stat.  It is behind Crit, Multi, STR, AP on every Sim I've run.  I'm not in BiS, half mythic/heroic gear at 581 with 2 set bonus, but just by chance I have a heavy haste build from the pieces that have tended to drop for me.  I figured the stat value might decrease once past a certain threshold so I also Simmed the top warriors on warcraftlogs, but they're also not showing Haste at the top.

None of the top logs are going heavy haste builds, and Simcrafting the top ranked Arms warriors on the logs also puts them with Haste below all the stats I listed above for my own warrior.  This includes the current release (build 19034) of Simcraft, but also every release since 6.02.

Can you give some more details on how you arrived at the currently recommended stat priorities?

I'm looking into this, thank you. I'll post back.

In 1.2. During Colossus Smash

You state that: Use wow_icon_warrior_talent_icon_stormbolt.j Storm Bolt when you have more than 70 Rage.

Would you mind explaining why it's when you have MORE than 70 rage? Given the free cost of storm bolt, I would have thought it was less than 70 rage so that you are using a GCD which has no cost?

Not going to bore you or myself so tl;dr I was wrong fixing it to be 10% haste > mastery > crit > haste on ST and haste > crit > mastery for AOE. 

The long answer is too boring for me to explain it in full why I was initially wrong.

In 1.2. During Colossus Smash

You state that: Use wow_icon_warrior_talent_icon_stormbolt.j Storm Bolt when you have more than 70 Rage.

Would you mind explaining why it's when you have MORE than 70 rage? Given the free cost of storm bolt, I would have thought it was less than 70 rage so that you are using a GCD which has no cost?

Should be less, will amend. 

I am also curious about the haste cap, with or without buff?

Also! is there anywhere i can find a source for the actual stat weights? i want to input it into askmrrobot :D

With the buff.

The reason is, and I'm paraphrasing from my friend who maintains the MMO-C guide, "Something something combination of haste and crit for rage gen make a breakpoint of sorts where rage gains from a combined value of 2x rage on crit and faster AAs devalue haste".

For a more autistic and 2deep4you explanation, go ask Archimtiros on his guide because he's smarter than me anyway

tl;dr interactions between haste and crit regarding incoming rage.

Edited by Jalopy

thx jalopy, i'll see if the autistic and 2deep4you explanation can point me towards some custom weights so can i be lazy with askmrrobot biggrin.png

Yes! found weights on the austistic website you posted! Thank you very much!

here are the weights for those curious wink.png

Arms single target stat weights
dcd320664b3ec9c20e75a5cba53ec887.png

AoE 5 target stat weights
f8019b3173f9bfaa0453df3b9c3f2894.png

it also says:
If your gear levels are lower, crit will likely be your best secondary stat up until ~35%, to help with rage generation from auto attack crits.

Hi,

I'm french and sorry for my poor english...

I don't understand something in the execute rotation, when Colossus smash is not active :

You say :

-  "You should always save up about 60 Rage before using Colossus Smash."

- and then the priority are : "2) Use Execute when you have 60 or more rage  3) Use Colossus Smash"

Well, I must be missing something but if I follow the steps, I never use Colossus smash because if I have 60 rage, I must use Execute, which has no cooldown.
So I don't see when I have both (60 rage and can't use Execute) so I use CS....

Thank you !

Hi,

I don't understand something in the execute rotation, when Colossus smash is not active :

You say :

- and then the priority are : "2) Use Execute when you have 60 or more rage  3) Use Colossus Smash"

Well, I must be missing something but if I follow the steps, I never use Colossus smash because if I have 60 rage, I must use Execute, which has no cooldown.

Thank you !

Hi,

You say :

Thank you !

This is being rectified now, should be CS first (and Execute at 40+ Rage). I hope that clarifies it.

I was wondering if Thunderclap has any reason to exist. I came to the conclusion that in pve environment, you don't use it unless there is a reason to slow a mob's movement speed by 50%.

Am I wrong? Do I miss something?

Edited by Landuin

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Tides of Vengeance is available for playtesting and our hub contains all the latest information!
      Welcome to our Tides of Vengeance hub. Here, you'll find all the latest information about Battle for Azeroth's first content patch 8.1. We will keep the hub updated throughout PTR testing with the latest coverage.
      Introduction
      Patch 8.1 called Tides of Vengeance was pushed to PTR on September 21. Players are still unable to log in to the game right now (September 26). The patch will be released later this year.
      Latest Coverage
      This section contains contains the most recent coverage. Whenever there's a new PTR build, we'll move the previous builds down to the "Datamining Archive [PH]" section.
      Patch 8.1 Build #28151
      Patch 8.1 Build 28151: Overview Patch 8.1 Build 28151: Blood Elf Heritage Armor Patch 8.1 Build 28151: Marksmanship Hunter Changes Patch 8.1 Build 28151: Restoration Shaman Changes Patch 8.1 Build 28151: Marsh Hopper Mounts The Story of Varok Saurfang in Patch 8.1 Orc Running Animation Updated Patch 8.1 Content
      Blizzard recently announced improvements to Azerite Armor acquisition from Mythic+. You can find more details here. Heritage Armor will be added for non-Allied Races; Blood Elves & Dwarves are first on the list. There's no reputation grind behind this. If you're at max level and Exalted with Ironforge/Blood Elves, you can start the quest and complete a scenario to get your Heritage Armor. Reputation Paragon for BfA factions is coming. Champions of Azeroth reputation will be made account-wide. Incursions are a new feature similar to Legion assaults. Darkshore Warfront (Night Elves vs Forsaken theme) The outdoor zone will be updated just like Arathi Highlands with new quests, rares, etc. War Campaign continues with the Alliance leading a direct strike at the Zandalari Fleet. We can expect two new raids in 8.1: Siege of Zuldazar is a nine-boss raid where the foe is the opposing faction. Alliance players will join Jaina and her forces to fight their way up to the pyramid to confront Rastakhan. Horde players will try to defend the pyramid, fighting Jaina in the High Seas as the final boss. Crucible of Storms is a two-boss raid located under Shrine of the Storm that hints at Queen Azshara. It's Battle for Azeroth's "Trial of Valor" raid. Allied Races: Kul Tirans and Zandalari Trolls will become available for gameplay after the Siege of Zuldazar raid. You can find more details about how to unlock them here. Two New Islands: Jorundall (Vrykul-themed Island) & Havenswood (Gilnean-themed Island) Gnomeregan Pet Battle Dungeon Profession Changes New Scenarios Tyrande's Ascension - players will unlok new Night Elf Warrior customization options with dark eyes. Cooking Scenario with Nomi Unknown Tol Dagor Scenario Heritage Armor Scenarios Vol'jin's Story Continues - The Shadow Hunter is looking for answers s in 8.1 as he tries to figure out why he appointed Sylvanas for Warchief. Allied Races
      You will be able to unlock Legion Allied Races faster in Patch 8.1.
      Class Changes
      Multiple Classes are subject to changes in Patch 8.1. These include Elemental Shamans, Shadow Priests, and Protection Warriors. So far, Blizzard outlined plans for Elemental Shamans. They haven't decided what to do with Protection Warriors just yet.
      Elemental Shaman Changes Model Updates
      Draenei totems received new models with a higher polygon count in 8.1.
      Draenei Shaman Totems Model Update Interviews/Livestreams
      Game Director Ion Hazzikostas unveiled Patch 8.1 on September 18.
      Tides of Vengeance Livestream with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas Tides of Vengeance Live Developer Q&A with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas Datamining Archive [PH]
      As with previous patches, there's going to be a new PTR build every week and to keep things organized, we're going to post build overviews below.
      Patch 8.1 Build #28048
      Patch 8.1 Build 28048 Overview Patch 8.1 Build #27985
      Patch 8.1 Build 27985 Overview Patch 8.1 Build 27985: New Creature Models Patch 8.1 Build 27985: New Paladin Animations Patch 8.1 Build 27985: Solo Queue for Legion Raids Enabled Patch 8.1 Build 27985: Dwarf Heritage Armor Preview Patch 8.1 Build 27985: Siege of Zuldazar Weapons Patch 8.1 Build #27826
      Patch 8.1 Build 27826 Overview (Datamined Broadcast Text, Zones, Strings, Scenarios) *Spoilers* Patch 8.1 Build 27286: Vol'jin's Story Continues (Datamined Broadcast Text Analysis) *Spoilers* Patch 8.1 Build 27826: New Creature Models Patch 8.1 Build 27286: New Night Elf Warrior Customization Options Patch 8.1 Build 27286: New Druid Forms (Highmountain Tauren/Kul Tiran Moonkin Forms, Zandalari Aquatic Form) Patch 8.1 Build 27286: Kul Tiran Horse Racial Mount Patch 8.1 Build 27286: Nightsaber Mounts Patch 8.1 Build 27286: The Hivemind Mount Returns Patch 8.1 Build 27286: Vicious PvP Mounts Tides of Vengeance is Battle for Azeroth's first major content patch and we created a hub to keep track of everything.
    • By Stan
      Here's a preview of two toad mounts added in Patch 8.1 Build 28151.
      Check out our Tides of Vengeance content hub for the latest Patch 8.1 information.
      Toad mounts are finally coming in Tides of Vengeance, as Blizzard added two tints in the latest 8.1 PTR build. At this time, it's hard to tell the exact source of both mounts, but they could come from Glory of the Battle of Dazar'alor Raider or reputation paragon caches.
      Blue Marsh Hopper

Yellow Marsh Hopper

Mount Animations
      The toad mount jumps while running and has a cool /mountspecial animation!

Game files also contain a green tint of the toad mount with no source indicated yet [PH].
      Spawn of Krag'wa

• By Stan
      Bellular's video series of guides for new and returning players comes to an end with the final installment about abbreviations and terminology used in World of Warcraft.
      If you're new to the game and don't understand abbreviations used in chat or the game's terminology, check out the final video which covers most of them.
      New and Returning Player Guides
      Part One: What is World of Warcraft? Part Two: Character Creation Part Three: Movement & User Interface (UI) Part Four: Leveling Up & Mounts Part Five: Social Features & Communities Part Six: PvE Content Part Seven: PvP Content Part Eight: Additional Features Part Nine: Gearing Up & The Endgame
    • By Stan
      Blizzard agrees that earning Azerite Armor in Mythic+ feels overly based on luck and in Tides of Vengeance, players will have more control over the Azerite gear they earn through Mythic+.
      Blizzard is adding a new currency in Patch 8.1, which you'll earn from your weekly Mythic+ chest and from scrapping and disenchanting epic-quality Azerite Armor. The weekly chest will no longer reward Azerite Armor. Thaumaturge Vashreen will be selling caches that reward a random dungeon Azerite Armor piece for a given slot that will be separated by item level.
      To give players even more control over Azerite Armor, Vashreen will also offer ilvl 385 versions of the specific dungeon Azerite Armor pieces for each class, sold at premium.
      Only Azerite Armor scrapped in 8.1 will yield the new currency. Vashreen's wares will increase accordingly when the second Mythic+ season starts.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Couple quick clarifications based on feedback so far: Only Azerite Armor that drops after Tides of Vengeance is released will scrap/disenchant into the new currency. Don't worry about hoarding the Azerite pieces you're earning now. When the next Mythic+ season starts, and item levels increase, the item levels of Thaumaturge Vashreen's wares will increase accordingly. We recognize that PvPers want more options and choice too. We're talking about that separately. Check out our Tides of Vengeance content hub for the latest Patch 8.1 information.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Throughout the discussions regarding Azerite Armor, there’s been a lot of talk about how you earn Azerite pieces from Mythic+ dungeons. Players have told us – and we agree – that the process of earning Azerite Armor through Mythic+ feels overly based on luck, and that there isn’t enough control in the players’ hands. Even with our bad luck protection systems in place, the sheer number of potential Azerite pieces you can get from the weekly chest means that trying to get ahold of a specific piece feels hopeless. That’s a problem we want to solve, and give you some control over the Azerite gear you earn through Mythic+. So here’s what we’re working on for Tides of Vengeance:
      First, we’re adding a new (as yet unnamed) currency, which you’ll earn from your weekly Mythic+ chest as well as from scrapping (or disenchanting) epic-quality Azerite Armor. This currency is rewarded in addition to the item in the chest (which can no longer be an Azerite piece), and the amount you earn will scale up exponentially based on the highest level Keystone you’ve completed. For example, completing a level 10 Keystone will reward you with about three times as much as clearing a level 7. Similarly, scrapping higher-item-level Azerite pieces will give you significantly higher amounts of this currency than lower-level pieces.

To spend that currency, we’re bringing back an old friend: Thaumaturge Vashreen. He’ll have two main types of items for sale. The first are caches that reward a random dungeon Azerite Armor piece for a given slot (helm, shoulders, or chest). They’ll be separated out by item level as well (at 355, 370, and 385), with higher item level caches requiring significantly more currency to purchase. But we recognize that with six or more options per slot, this may still not be enough control for high-end players who want to be able to work towards a specific piece that perfectly complements their build. Thus, Vashreen will also offer Item Level 385 versions of the specific dungeon Azerite Armor pieces for each class, sold at a premium.
      We’re still nailing down the exact numbers, but our goal for tuning this new currency is that you’ll be able to purchase one of the Azerite caches that lines up roughly with the item level of the gear you’re getting from your Mythic+ runs every two or three weeks, with the specific 385 pieces as long-term goals for top players.
      Overall, we believe that this change will improve things in a lot of different ways:
      Mythic+ players of all skill levels will now have a clear path to upgrading their Azerite slots High-end Mythic+ players will have a way to target specific Azerite pieces to optimize their setups Duplicate or unwanted Azerite pieces from other sources (such as raiding) now have some additional value The piece of gear in your weekly chest will have a more reliable item level You should see all of this hitting the Tides of Vengeance PTR sometime in the next week or so. We really do appreciate your feedback, and believe that this, in addition to the new traits and other improvements coming to the Azerite system in Tides of Vengeance, will help ease a lot of the concerns about Azerite Armor in Mythic+ and as a whole.
    • By Chumani
      Inevitable Destiny   (H)Corrupted Destiny guild Skywall/Drak'thul US realm😎 JOIN US!
      We are currently 8/8 Normal Uldir and 2/8 Heroic Uldir  -- Kickin' ass and hell with their names!
      1st  raid - Sun/Tues/Thurs 600-830pst
      2nd raid - Fri/Mon 530-800pst
      We ARE one of Skywall's largest and oldest standing guilds! Very active with a large player base. ALWAYS something going on, mythic dungeon runs, normal runs for alts, Island Expeditions, Arathi Highlands Warfront, PVP events.... always something!!!
      Come experience the reason a guild as old as CD continues to stand and stand strong year after year after year! Come...... and get.... CORRUPTED!!!
      Chu#12466 or Deni#1743