FORUMS
Niix

Azortharion's 6.2.2 MM Hunter Guide

With Az's latest update (2/20), at what point does BM overtake sv/mm?  He made it clear that the 4 piece puts BM on top, but would it be worth it to switch if I don't have the 2-piece yet?  I'm running SV atm, and it's still doing well.  Thanks, great guide. 

With Az's latest update (2/20), at what point does BM overtake sv/mm?  He made it clear that the 4 piece puts BM on top, but would it be worth it to switch if I don't have the 2-piece yet?  I'm running SV atm, and it's still doing well.  Thanks, great guide. 

Most of his sims are for 6.1 (afaik) where BM gets a sizable buff to FF, at which point BM will definitely take the lead with the 2/4 pc.

tacking onto this. is the updated guides' spec recommendations for fights only valid once the 6.1 changes roll around with the additional MM/BM buffs? It's hard to get any idea about this through wclogs since everyone and their mother is playing survival.

Edit: Orthios answering the question literally seconds before I post. sniped

Edited by Negativity

So I've read a couple of times in this thread and in the guide that Mastery overtakes Vers + Crit for SV AoE but my SimC seems to show its value decreasing, any idea what's causing this discrepancy? Here's my Armory, I've run Patchwerk (3 + 6 targets) and HecticAddCleave with similar results each time. I'm using a Thrill/Barrage/FS build.

So I've read a couple of times in this thread and in the guide that Mastery overtakes Vers + Crit for SV AoE but my SimC seems to show its value decreasing, any idea what's causing this discrepancy? Here's my Armory, I've run Patchwerk (3 + 6 targets) and HecticAddCleave with similar results each time. I'm using a Thrill/Barrage/FS build.

Someone has been spreading misinformation under the false assumption that multi-target increases your total % of elemental damage done by a significant amount because of Serpent Sting, but this is not true.

So then my sims should be accurate and I should value Mastery even a little lower than usual given the amount of multi-target in BRF? Thanks for the clarification. smile.png

Question: For someone who swaps between BM and SV during raids, which spec's stat ptiority should I go by? Asking because I don't want to constantly re-enchant and re-gem each time I switch.

Bad combo, sort of. I am not sure why you would, but go with the Multistrike.

Well obviously to use BM in single target and SV in spread out AOE situations. Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing? Or we're doing "forget everything, switch to BM" thing?

Well obviously to use BM in single target and SV in spread out AOE situations. Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing? Or we're doing "forget everything, switch to BM" thing?

What spread out AoE situations?

Gruul: No.

Oregorger: No.

Darmac: Adds die in 0 time AND are stacked.

Kagraz: Not even AoE except for the spawns.

Hans&Franz: No.

Thogar: Split phases are stacked, so no.

Furnace: No.

Kromog: Possibly, yet not really, or you can focus BM on "zones". Beast Cleave range is larger than Multi-Shot and the hitboxes are gigantic.

Iron Maidens: No.

Blackhand: No.

• Like 1

BM Overtakes SV on basically everything except one fight, which is The Germans because MM 2 target cleave is waaaay better than BM.

Hey quick question. In the guide it shows haste being better than mastery for bm but when I ran a sim on my character it shows haste at last in priority. Is there a soft cap I'm missing?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bonechewer/Oshbac/simple

Just running a sim with stat weights checked is not the way to figure stat weights out. It's a good starting point but Azor's sims take into account more than just single target fights. Since a majority of BRF is not single target, he's normalized everything around the average targets that we'll see. 

Darmac: Adds die in 0 time AND are stacked.

I guess I was thinking about multidotting spears, but that's probably classified as DPS whoring, and BM can cleave everything in the room with Barrage just the same. 

I guess I was thinking about multidotting spears, but that's probably classified as DPS whoring, and BM can cleave everything in the room with Barrage just the same. 

It's useful DPS, but absolutely not worth going SV for as it is mostly a non-issue.

• Like 1

Just running a sim with stat weights checked is not the way to figure stat weights out. It's a good starting point but Azor's sims take into account more than just single target fights. Since a majority of BRF is not single target, he's normalized everything around the average targets that we'll see. 

Ya I understand that, but even running the default Heavy aoe fight haste was still coming up short. Granted it did climb to third in the priority but still not seeing how haste is beating master. That is untill I started swapping gear and trading haste for MS on my gear and replacing haste with mastery on my enchants and gems did it go way up in priority to second.

Im sure theres another factor that makes haste better but, I cant see it. Im probably just a bad hunter sad.png

Edited by Oshbac

Ya I understand that, but even running the default Heavy aoe fight haste was still coming up short. Granted it did climb to third in the priority but still not seeing how haste is beating master. That is untill I started swapping gear and trading haste for MS on my gear and replacing haste with mastery on my enchants and gems did it go way up in priority to second.

There is no way in the universe that Haste would end up short in a heavy AoE scenario. Link your sims. (HTML files)

There is no way in the universe that Haste would end up short in a heavy AoE scenario. Link your sims. (HTML files)

Ok I have the file. Now how do I upload it? Sorry if I'm a pain >_<

nvm Im an idiot

Ok I have the file. Now how do I upload it? Sorry if I'm a pain >_<

nvm Im an idiot

ignore me i just figured out what im doing wrong

Prepping the hunter for BM.  Anyone have a good way to track Beast Cleave on the UI?  

Posted too early

I'm using WA.  My goal was to set up an icon, with a CD timer, to pop up as soon as multi-shot hit and myself (or the pet?) got the BC buff.  However, I can't seem to find the buff.  Used the spell ID in the character ability pane.  Also tried to find it by playing around with buffs shown on both myself and pet.  

Edited by Goose

dStLqaGEvvTlIIABQcZKkPzROtJ0njksDxIIWTPQomf7eXEHDRW(vc)uQyyIQFtPPrKHsLyWkrdNQ4GIcNIOi5ye6CsLwOQOllSyvPLRYdjk9uultQ65s51kPMQitwIPt6IssUQOONrqxxsTrvLhRuBMaBxvfDsQsgfrr0NPIVRQsJuvf6VuLA0kjJxu6sQQa3ssQRrL68evFts8wvvqJJOWqejWgKGcUbUxMZL5UYCxW(GlGlib25S)cotxaBguFJg4j4SDeiOfkivNlZ555UL6ku8Hu(JE3GVWHAhj5EcWf5dJpD7C2ApGL3rGGwOGuTOBHGBEm7aeHGJSEmJsuWlytPqvQDyMERh1XjUgsqb3IPaxS0Hc(zNuQJmnybNXpy9mQbKEW)sl6kq6LKapQ9th1XjUgiIGPfWYK)y9qJtMAXsV89yp1muWRcQZkferXEWtRPGe46w49EAAn8c(SZajW(1tLIeuOGvZmgksG9RNkfjOqbFMDGey)6PsrckuOqbVrcerKaRrw9BACAG7KzYvVivbUPM96gt)hGiwbSa7q)MgNg4ozMC1lsvGFnNS2P9qcer8vPxsmxgIvClugIIcLXdiOA3cbPhFvE8qQRu3UULYfkj1vccQ2TqOGNwtbjWNzhib2VEQuKGcfSAMXqrcSF9uPibfk46w4DZtSXtWnpXgjWn6WzgGiek4ZodKa7xpvksqHcf8fou7ij3ta2uFMxZbwJSA9fGt1RtrwWAKv)SdfCg7nTed1mxS0LlA0sm2Yb3uZED7ZouWzS30smuZCXsxUOrlXylhSs9J7ZouWzS30smuZCXsxUOrlXylhSgzvM(parScy9OooXHey7VJoJPC8e8W4hnKare8pgMFkFXsELvHcEx3uRV3ROLaSs9JcuWRcQZkfK(CWk1pUVPXPbUtMjx9Iuf4xZED5SEK1oThsGicsoi9GKdIqqYbrcerOGFTxjUoce0cfeXEWV2Re3tZED5SEaZ2jTa(1EL4WtWk1poM(parSc4x7vIJP)dqEibEu7NoQJtCnqeb)AVsCYAN2djqebjhKEqYbrii5GibIiuWMsHQu7Wm9wpQJtCnKGcwWz8dwpJAaPh8V0IUcKEjjW0TDGxW0c4Fmm)u(IL8kRcfKEKa3uZEDJP)dqeRa(1EL4K1oThsGicsoi9GKdIqqYbrcerOGfyh63040a3jZKRErQc8R5K1oThsGiIVkpEi1vQBx3s5cLK6kbbv7wii947rfrXEPhUZf6wyV7CriOA3sGieFv6k23N)qkxs8H0dPCiOA3UHcEAnfKaFMDGey)6PsrckuWQzgdfjW(1tLIeuOGBEInsGB0HZmariy)6PsrceH4juOGp7mqcSF9uPibfkuWx4qTJKCpbyt9zEnhynYQ1xaovVofzbRrw9ZouWzS30smuZCXsxUOrlXylh8R9kX1rGGwOGi2dwP(X9zhk4m2BAjgQzUyPlx0OLySLd(1EL4EA2RlN1dy2oPfWAKvz6)aeXkG1J64ehsGhg)OHeiIGZO5j26ILwblwQRIfl)SzHcEx3uRV3ROLaSs9JcuWRcQZkfK(CWk1pUVPXPbUtMjx9Iuf4xZED5SEK1oThsGicsoi9GKdIqqYbrcerOGFTxjo8e8R9kXX0)bipKaRrw9BACAG7KzYvVivbMUTd8cwP(XX0)biIvaBkfQsTdZ0B9OooX1qckybNXpy9mQbKEW)sl6kq6LKapQ9th1XjUgiIGPfWF2SGBQzVU9zhk4m2BAjgQzUyPlx0OLySLdfeHibwJS63040a3jZKRErQcCtn71nM(parScyb2H(nnonWDYm5QxKQa)AozTt7HeiI4RYJhsDL621TuUqjPUsqq1Ufcsp(Krf3D7k1lJCPhI5YWTBiOA3Ubri(EKxXTKKuFUqXUvKHuoeuTB3qbpTMcsGpZoqcSF9uPibfky1mJHIey)6PsrckuW1TW7MNyJNGBEInsGB0HZmarek4ZodKa7xpvksqHcf8fou7ij3ta2uFMxZbwJSA9fGt1RtrwWAKv)SdfCg7nTed1mxS0LlA0sm2Yb)AVsCDeiOfkiI9GvQFCF2HcoJ9MwIHAMlw6YfnAjgB5G1iRY0)biIvaRh1XjoKaB)D0zmLJNGhg)OHeiIG)Uy8xouW76MA99EfTeGvQFuaxpOkypHcf8QG6SsbPphSs9J7BACAG7KzYvVivb(1SxxoRhzTt7HeiIGKdspi5GieKCqKarek4MA2RBF2HcoJ9MwIHAMlw6YfnAjgB5GFTxjo8eSPuOk1omtV1J64exdjOGFTxjoM(pa5He4x7vI7PzVUCwpGz7KwapQ9th1XjUgiIGvQFCm9FaIyfW0TDGxW0c4Vlg)Ld(1EL4K1oThsGicsoi9GKdIqqYbrcerOGfCg)G1ZOgq6b)lTORaPxscCH28mnYtrw11qGc(hmwS8h(dAYeqbrcjWn1Sx3y6)aeXkGFTxjozTt7HeiIGKdspi5GieKCqKarekyb2H(nnonWDYm5QxKQa)AozTt7HeiIGKdsp(KQ8qgUfR07U3DE3UcLGGQDleeH4RYJhsDL621TuUqjPUsqq1Ufcf80Akib(SZajW(1tLIeuOGvZmgksG9RNkfjOqbx3cVBEInEcU5j2ibUrhoZaerOGpZoqcSF9uPibfkuWx4qTJKCpbyt9zEnhynYQ1xaovVofzbRrw9ZouWzS30smuZCXsxUOrlXylh8R9kX1rGGwOGi2dwP(X9zhk4m2BAjgQzUyPlx0OLySLd(1EL4EA2RlN1dy2oPfWAKvz6)aeXkG1J64ehsGT)o6mMYXtWdJF0qcerWpdttxSu2zy(zafC9GQG9ek4DDtT(EVIwcWk1pkqbVkOoRuq6ZbRu)4(MgNg4ozMC1lsvGFn71LZ6rw70EibIii5G0dsoicbjhejqeHc(1EL4WtW0c4NHPPlwk7mm)ma)AVsCm9FaYdjWAKv)MgNg4ozMC1lsvGPB7aVGnLcvP2Hz6TEuhN4AibfSGZ4hSEg1asp4FPfDfi9ssGh1(PJ64exderWk1poM(parSc4MA2RBF2HcoJ9MwIHAMlw6YfnAjgB5qbXnsG1iR(nnonWDYm5QxKQa3uZEDJP)dqeRawGDOFtJtdCNmtU6fPkWVMtw70Eibsp(KHu(JkIDfMlj1l1TxieuTBHqbpTMcsGp7mqcSF9uPibfk46w4DZtSXtWQzgdfjW(1tLIeuOGpZoqcSF9uPibfk4MNyJe4gD4mdqeHcf8fou7ij3ta2uFMxZbwJSA9fGt1RtrwWAKv)SdfCg7nTed1mxS0LlA0sm2Yb)AVsCDeiOfkiI9GvQFCF2HcoJ9MwIHAMlw6YfnAjgB5G1iRY0)biIvaRh1XjoKaB)D0zmLJNGhg)OHeiIGznmf5lw(z31nOG31n1679kAjaRu)Oaf8QG6SsbPphSs9J7BACAG7KzYvVivb(1SxxoRhzTt7HeiIGKdspi5GieKCqKarek4MA2RBF2HcoJ9MwIHAMlw6YfnAjgB5GFTxjo8emTaM1WuKVy5NDx3a)AVsCm9FaYdjWV2Re3tZED5SEaZ2jTaEu7NoQJtCnqebRu)4y6)aeXkGPB7aVGnLcvP2Hz6TEuhN4Aibf8R9kXjRDApKareKCq6bjheHGKdIeiIqbl4m(bRNrnG0d(xArxbsVKeuOG)jiIs95qba