FORUMS
Niix

Azortharion's 6.2.2 MM Hunter Guide

Awesome, thanks.

I had a question come to mind while testing this out/playing around with the rotation.  With 3 or more targets I've got 2 focus-costing abilities that are higher in priority over kill command - barrage @ 20 seconds and multi-shot @ 4 seconds (to keep up beast cleave).  The rotation is pretty smooth, but I can't get KC off on CD.  With the 2-piece, I may be missing out on some resets of bestial wrath.  Is this working as intended?  Iron Maidens the is main fight that comes to mind, with 3-targets up for a majority of the rotation.

Awesome, thanks.

I had a question come to mind while testing this out/playing around with the rotation.  With 3 or more targets I've got 2 focus-costing abilities that are higher in priority over kill command - barrage @ 20 seconds and multi-shot @ 4 seconds (to keep up beast cleave).  The rotation is pretty smooth, but I can't get KC off on CD.  With the 2-piece, I may be missing out on some resets of bestial wrath.  Is this working as intended?  Iron Maidens the is main fight that comes to mind, with 3-targets up for a majority of the rotation.

To be honest I'm not very knowledgeable about BM right now I'll let Azor weigh in if he sees this.

Hey Nix Azortharion, I really like your BiS sheets, but I got very annoyed that they weren't automated.
So rather than complain, I automated them. I wonder if your interested in the automated version? If so I can release it to you and you can decide whether or not you'd like to use it.

edit: confused by first poster.

Edited by Smoggert

Awesome, thanks.

It's "working as intended" in the sense that it is a rotational necessity to make choices in what you prioritize occasionally.

Generally, these issues are fixed by simply dumping less focus (but not capping!). There is not much else I can tell you without logs (but I suspect I'd find the same pattern - too much dumping).

One quick question regarding the 2 piece for BM ("Kill Command has a chance to reset the cooldown of Bestial Wrath.").

I haven't played around on the PTR, so here's my question:

Let's say BW is active, I hit KC and the CD of BW resets prior to the first BW ending. If I hit BW prior to the first BW CD ending, will the time be added to the current BW, or would that remaining time just be lost in favor of the newly cast BW (in other words, better to wait until BW ends then cast it again?)?

I'm guessing it's lost, but would be nice it is was simply added to the remaining initial cast of BW.

One quick question regarding the 2 piece for BM ("Kill Command has a chance to reset the cooldown of Bestial Wrath.").

I haven't played around on the PTR, so here's my question:

Let's say BW is active, I hit KC and the CD of BW resets prior to the first BW ending. If I hit BW prior to the first BW CD ending, will the time be added to the current BW, or would that remaining time just be lost in favor of the newly cast BW (in other words, better to wait until BW ends then cast it again?)?

I'm guessing it's lost, but would be nice it is was simply added to the remaining initial cast of BW.

No, you'll want to wait until the current BW finishes before casting the second, as it just refreshes the duration to 10s.

And damn it! Google Docs denied at work. sad.png

Where do you work the GDocs is denied????

So, reading this guide it still mentions BM being top spec for even BRF, has this not been changed in the guide, or is there a specific reason all the hunters are playing survival?

Engineering firm where we handle many different customer's Intellectual Property (as well as some military documentation). So, it does make sense (don't want people posting Proprietary IP online where ever they want) - still not thrilled about it though. :P

So, reading this guide it still mentions BM being top spec for even BRF, has this not been changed in the guide, or is there a specific reason all the hunters are playing survival?

Azor's guide is meant for 6.1 (starting tomorrow), where BM is getting a good 10-12% buff (RNG dependent) in the form of FF giving 8% AP up from 5% AP per stack.  That combined with the 4pc puts BM at a higher position than SV and MM for most all fights.

Couple other questions I have (sorry... just REALLY excited to be playing BM again :) ).

Enchants and Gems for BM.

Should I go full out Haste for all Enchants and Gems or go all Mastery for Enchants and Gems? If we should go full out Haste for Enchants and Gems, what "scope" should we use (being as there isn't a Haste "scope" for our weapon)?

Thanks in advance. :D

Couple other questions I have (sorry... just REALLY excited to be playing BM again smile.png ).

Enchants and Gems for BM.

Should I go full out Haste for all Enchants and Gems or go all Mastery for Enchants and Gems? If we should go full out Haste for Enchants and Gems, what "scope" should we use (being as there isn't a Haste "scope" for our weapon)?

Thanks in advance. biggrin.png

I'd say use whichever gems/enchants put you at close to equal amounts of haste and mastery, though I wouldn't arbitrarily switch them on every upgrade (too expensive using the better ones, not so bad for the cheep ones), and use the mastery scope (Hemet's Heartseeker).

I'd say use whichever gems/enchants put you at close to equal amounts of haste and mastery, though I wouldn't arbitrarily switch them on every upgrade (too expensive using the better ones, not so bad for the cheep ones), and use the mastery scope (Hemet's Heartseeker).

Awesome! Thanks man. :)

I wanted to comment on the fact that my guide is no longer the one posted here. For the time being I've somewhat retired from dedicated theorycrafting and am really planning on only doing sims for my own character. Having to do the stuff Azor does really tired me out and he's much better at it than I am. I think his guide is great and will give you all the information you need at a much more reliable rate.

Thanks for those of you who supported me for the time I was writing here, but for now my main focus will be log analysis with Orthios and possibly some youtube stuff in the works. We will see in the near future.

• Like 1

Got a question regarding the BM opening. Do you want to pop FF as soon as you get a stack during your opener or wait until you have five stacks?

According to Azor, it's: 

1. On-uses/racials + Bestial Wrath + Kill Command

2. Stampede

3. Barrage

4. Proceed.

Where I guess the "proceed" means "go to regular rotation" where 1. is:

Focus Fire (when 5 stacks of Frenzy, pop it with any number of stacks before going into Bestial Wrath, pop if Frenzy buff expiring)

Edited by Msa

Is it going to be worth switching over to BM after stacking multistrike?  I have about 500 mastery and haste, with more than double that for MS and crit..

Is it going to be worth switching over to BM after stacking multistrike?  I have about 500 mastery and haste, with more than double that for MS and crit..

If you enchant and gem for haste it will increase a lot.

Been trying out BM on training dummies since yesterday.  Unbuffed, no flask, no food, although when i'm in BM i get buffs from a spirit beast.   I'm decently geared (3 piece, 677) and have played Surv for a while.  

Right now i have only been able to manage about 19.5k on a 8 min fight with BM while cracking about 24k for Surv.   My gear is definitely leaning towards MS and i know with the dummies i'm not getting the chance to use Kill Shot.  

Is there something i'm missing? or do i just have bad RNG?  

is the 4-piece that powerful?  or are the stats now weighted much more heavily towards Mastery and Haste? (from my understanding, they are a tiny bit ahead of MS).

Edited by yakutat

Azor, I have noticed you updated your BM opener section:

1. Pre-cast Cobra Shot

2. Kill Command

3. Cobra Shot

4. Stampede

5. Bestial Wrath + On-uses/Racials

6. Arcane Shot

7. Arcane Shot

8. Kill Command

9. Barrage

Can I please get your reasoning behind point 3 (Cobra Shot)? And maybe behind the whole opener? Overall it seems kinda weird and not straightforward compared to previous "BW + KC, Stampede, Barrage, proceed".

Azor, I have noticed you updated your BM opener section:

1. Pre-cast Cobra Shot

2. Kill Command

3. Cobra Shot

4. Stampede

5. Bestial Wrath + On-uses/Racials

6. Arcane Shot

7. Arcane Shot

8. Kill Command

9. Barrage

Can I please get your reasoning behind point 3 (Cobra Shot)? And maybe behind the whole opener? Overall it seems kinda weird and not straightforward compared to previous "BW + KC, Stampede, Barrage, proceed".

You pre-cast Cobra > KC > Cobra to get Steady Focus up, since KC doesn't count as one of our actions and the three actions count as double casting cobra.

• Like 1

You pre-cast Cobra > KC > Cobra to get Steady Focus up, since KC doesn't count as one of our actions and the three actions count as double casting cobra.

Ah, stupid me. Thanks, makes sense now. 

Dear Hunters,

Maybe a stupid question.... Does it matter what pet I use as a BM?

Short answer = No. Just bring whatever buffs your raid may need.

If all the buffs are covered by other classes, then it really doesn't matter what pet you use. I, personally, use a Spirit Beast when all the buffs are covered because of spell_shaman_spiritlink.jpgSpirit Mend. It's not a huge heal, but it has saved my ass at times when I a heath pot has already been used and is on CD. :)