FORUMS
Niix

Azortharion's 6.2.2 MM Hunter Guide

6.1 Patch Notes are interesting for us. Curious to see if these go live and how the stampede buff acts with Survival. It's unlikely that it'll push LW ahead of FS because of how god awful it would be to play that spec without FS. But it'll definitely bring them closer. Doubtful that it'll make Stampede worthwhile for FS SV.

6.1 Patch Notes are interesting for us. Curious to see if these go live and how the stampede buff acts with Survival. It's unlikely that it'll push LW ahead of FS because of how god awful it would be to play that spec without FS. But it'll definitely bring them closer. Doubtful that it'll make Stampede worthwhile for FS SV.

Considering the potency of Stampede was literally doubled, I'd say it is worth taking no matter what spec and other talents you choose.  Ofc, there is still plenty of time for more changes to happen, but for now, I'd say it's got AMoC beat in just about all fights except ones where you can reset its cd fairly often, and the only one I can think of like that would be Brackenspore and Mar'Gok.

Considering the potency of Stampede was literally doubled, I'd say it is worth taking no matter what spec and other talents you choose.  Ofc, there is still plenty of time for more changes to happen, but for now, I'd say it's got AMoC beat in just about all fights except ones where you can reset its cd fairly often, and the only one I can think of like that would be Brackenspore and Mar'Gok.

Yeah, I'm just waiting to look at numbers before I jump to any conclusions. Plus, I'd rather not put work into something that is just on the PTR right now. When it goes live I'll actually care haha.

Wanted to share some Beast Mastery advice on pet management. 

Pet's assist stance is an easy way to make your pet always attack something. But, due to it's crappy logic, it will often cause your pet to run around indecisively, wasting time and DPS, and to switch targets when it's not necessary. 

So, it's better to keep your pet on passive. But that requires you to manually manage your pet, and assign a new target when the old one dies. It's a chore, and it's easy to mess up. 

You could simply macro a /petattack to all your abilities, making sure that pet will always attack your current target. But it's not always optimal. You don't want your pet running 40m just to kill a 100k health add. 

The solution is this elegant macro:

#showtooltip Kill Command
/startattack
/petattack [@pettarget, noexists]
/cast [@pettarget] Kill Command

What this does:

1) Starts autoattack at your current target.

2) If your pet has no target (i.e. isn't attacking anyone at the moment) it will send your pet to attack your current target.

3) Casts Kill Command at pet's target.

The idea behind this macro is that now you can switch targets all you want, but your pet will keep attacking the target you last assigned to him.

For example, you can keep your pet on the boss, and cast Kill Command on cooldown, while doing ranged damage to some squishy adds far away. And when the need arises, you can send your pet to attack another target manually with a /petattack macro or Ctrl + 1 hotkey by default. 

Naturally, to get the most benefit from this macro, you should keep your pet on passive.

It's also a good idea to add the line:

/petattack [@pettarget, noexists]

to all your other abilities, like Multi Shot and Arcane Shot, to make sure your pet is always attacking something. 

The best part about this system is that it automatically manages your pet for you in an optimal manner, yet allows you to manually manage your pet when necessary for added benefit.

Of course, there are problems: you need to be mindful where you left your pet, because if a target becomes immune to damage, but still reachable, your pet will keep attacking it until you manually tell him to attack something else. 

Gonna be putting together a BiS list for SV and MM for BRF gear, + figuring out which bosses you should be coining Tuesday.

Uploading BiS lists now.

As well as updating trinket comparisons to include BRF stuff.

Alright BiS lists for the good specs are up. Will do BM at another time or if someone gets mad at me about it. If there is anything else I need to update that people would like to see for BRF let me know and I'll put it together.

Updated slightly, racials are now at Foundry DPS levels for what that's worth. Made some optimizations to the priority based on Azor's guide. Will be keeping BiS list up to date as things are figured out.

My main debate right now is SoD or Blackiron Trigger for SV BiS.

Going off of Simcraft's numbers, with your updated BRF BiS list, the Treads of the Veteran Smith seem to be better than the ones you have listed.  Not sure if you chose not to include them, since they're BoE, though.

Also, if you replace the T17 legs with the Legguards of the Stampede, and use the T17 helm, instead, it sims higher, as well.

I'm still new to trying to determine BiS gear, but that's just my input on it.  The boot changes shows as about an 80 dps gain, but the head/leg swap shows as about a 127 dps gain.  Neither one a huge amount, not even sure that simcraft is what people use to determine what's BiS.

Going off of Simcraft's numbers, with your updated BRF BiS list, the Treads of the Veteran Smith seem to be better than the ones you have listed.  Not sure if you chose not to include them, since they're BoE, though.

Also, if you replace the T17 legs with the Legguards of the Stampede, and use the T17 helm, instead, it sims higher, as well.

I'm still new to trying to determine BiS gear, but that's just my input on it.  The boot changes shows as about an 80 dps gain, but the head/leg swap shows as about a 127 dps gain.  Neither one a huge amount, not even sure that simcraft is what people use to determine what's BiS.

First of all I have 0 clue what spec you're talking about, however I wrongly assumed that the Veteran Smith boots were not in the loot table, didn't realize they were a trash drop. Those are definitely BiS for Survival..

If you click the yellow link next to the off piece, you will see the simc numbers for the choices. Stampede legs are nowhere near BiS.

Oh, Sorry, referring to Survival Spec.  It might also make a difference that the Simcraft build I'm using uses Lone Wolf instead of Focusing shot.

Yeah that's definitely an issue haha. Legs are a poor choice in off piece for all 3 specs.

hey ,

being a non native english speaker i wonder what  is "Scales" in the survival rotation :  "Arcane shot(Thrill / Scales)" i get that thrill is for thrill of the hunt but can't find the other one :/

hey ,

being a non native english speaker i wonder what  is "Scales" in the survival rotation :  "Arcane shot(Thrill / Scales)" i get that thrill is for thrill of the hunt but can't find the other one :/

Scales of Doom. The trinket from Butcher.

Hello, I would like to ask potentially stupid question.

Right now I have equipped http://www.wowhead.com/item=119338/belt-of-inebriated-sorrows&bonus=567

But recently I've won http://www.wowhead.com/item=113955/grenadiers-belt&bonus=566

In this situation is it worth it to replace my 685 belt with (potentially) worse stats to 680 belt with better stats?

I'm really curious what should be done if item level difference is so small.

Hello, I would like to ask potentially stupid question.

Right now I have equipped http://www.wowhead.com/item=119338/belt-of-inebriated-sorrows&bonus=567

But recently I've won http://www.wowhead.com/item=113955/grenadiers-belt&bonus=566

In this situation is it worth it to replace my 685 belt with (potentially) worse stats to 680 belt with better stats?

I'm really curious what should be done if item level difference is so small.

Multistrike is worth much more (~30% more) than any other secondary stat, so in this case multistrike belt wins. 

Nnx, i was wondering about the Survival BIS lis and stat priority:

Fx. you have Darklight necklace as BIS for SV (Multi + crit), and in the hunter guide on icy-veins, the stat prio is: Multi > Vers > Crit > mastery > haste.

The guide also states that in multiple target fights, the value of mastery increased a lot thus making the prio: multi > Mastery > Vers > Crit > Haste (or something like that)

So what i was wondering is: Is Engineer's Grounding Gorget (Multi + Mastery), better than Darklight Necklace in practice? since there's only a few pure singletarget fights?

Hope you understand, it's early and english is not my first language :)

Nnx, i was wondering about the Survival BIS lis and stat priority:

Fx. you have Darklight necklace as BIS for SV (Multi + crit), and in the hunter guide on icy-veins, the stat prio is: Multi > Vers > Crit > mastery > haste.

The guide also states that in multiple target fights, the value of mastery increased a lot thus making the prio: multi > Mastery > Vers > Crit > Haste (or something like that)

So what i was wondering is: Is Engineer's Grounding Gorget (Multi + Mastery), better than Darklight Necklace in practice? since there's only a few pure singletarget fights?

Hope you understand, it's early and english is not my first language smile.png

Your English is really good actually.

To answer your question, the Darklight necklace and Gorget are honestly so close it doesn't matter. Mastery value is greatly increased during AoE fights, you're right. I believe having both and swapping would be your best bet but single target it's hardly a difference, might change that to the Gorget now that you brought this up.

I may have not done enough digging, but is there an updated ranking of all the trinkets for hunters?

Thanks for the help! 

Azortharion keeps his GDocs guide updated and has updated the trinket sims (you have to click the link for the spec you wish to see the sims for).