Deuz

Frost dps problems

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

Hello guys, first I’d like to express my gratitude towards the site that has helped me a lot everytime I return to WoW. It was easy for me to get my rotation going know what stats I should go after etc. So , thank you, you rock!
Now my problem is my dps. I am a frost DK currently on ilvl 636/7 and my dps is dissapointing.I have some annoying downtime and when I am just unlucky and I don’t get enough crit procs my dmg is very low. I use DW , I follow as much as I can the rotation you present on your guides, but it is low. In the newest dps ratings i've seen frost dmg seems high and I do not undestand where I am lacking? I would prefer not to change to Unholy as I found damage by diseases on a meele character.. boring. It is getting really ugly for me as I get kicked out of CM pugs or get dissed for not being an unholy so I can do "20k dps all day". Any advice from you guys are more than welcome!
There’s a link to my Armory page: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Lycourgos/advanced
Additional details will be posted if asked.
Cheers!
~Deuz

Edited by Deuz

The first thing to address is unholy, unholy isn't about diseases at all anymore, festerblight has long been dead.

As for your dps, your  talent choice seems great, logs really help us figure out what you are doing. However, if you look at sims, the bulk of your damage is going to be from defile. Are you using on CD? The next source is soul reaper. These two make up the bulk of your damage, so you want to make sure they are used on cd when appropriate. After that the remainder of your damage is obliterate. The consensus there is to wait on km procs, however, I do not because you want all your runes constantly recharging, waiting is dps loss. 

Let me know if any of this helps. Again if you set up logs we can get a much better look :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Susza
      Hi
      I have one few questions concerning fury rotation:
      1. Should I use bloodbath only with Battle Cry?
      2. Should I use Rampage immediately after it is available or should I always wait for Frothing Berserker?
      3. During Enrage time, should I spam raging blow or prioritize bloodthirst then raging blow?
      4. Is CoF ilvl860 better then nightmare egg ilvl940?
      Best regards
      Susza 
    • By Questionmarq
      Anybody got any experience/tips or tactics they use as a fire mage ( or other specs that have any knowledge that may be able to apply in generality )
    • By Morrighan
      Hello. I'm having some problems with DK rotation after starting it. I realize that in the beginning, procs are many. But through the middle of the fight, I begin to notice that everything slows down, including the return of runes and loss of Runic Power. Sometimes I do not own a rune, and I have a lot of Runic Power. But if I spend it, the runes are still coming back, and I have nothing to beat. Please help me. This is normal? Should I use FS only when I'm near overcap? Should I wait patiently for the runes to renegate without hitting FS? I have 25% Acceleration, 27% Critical and 42% Mastery. Thank you in advance.
    • By Tessivento
      Hi all.
      I recently went Guardian from Resto. Theoretically I know my rotation, cd, etc. I'm running Antorus HC, i got the curve and i think to hold with not many problems every boss but seeing my logs my performance is always low.

I don't know where I make my mistakes but I think to have these issues:
      My damage taken is always minor than other tanks; My damage dealt... same (I build my bear full defense but my dps seems to be too low); Sometimes i have threat problem (especially with paladins or warrior); I should selfheal more but i don't see the need when I am full: i prefer to stack ironfur. What can i do to improve?

If you wanna see my armor, look here.
      I don't aim to shine, but, at least, be on a average rank :p

Thank you all
    • By Kastaleepu
      Hi!
      I would like to ask somethng about ice lance and other procs aswell.
      To maximize dps, should you always try to get rid of Fingers of Frost procs with ice lances? And if you get flurry proc, do you want to get rid of ice lance procs before casting flurry + lance combo?
      I am not sure how much icicles and maximizing their damage output before dumping them affects your damage.
      Thank you