Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

[Archived] Hearthstone Mid Budget Mage Aggro

11 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Mid Budget Mage Aggro Deck.

After 25 games, my current win percentage is 73% using a GvG Low Budget version of this deck.

Not yet owning Bloodmage Thalnos, I substitute one Explosive Sheep, and swapped out the Haunted Creeper for a Nerubian Egg

The Sheep/Egg substitutions provide the following three opportunities:

1. The Explosive Sheep, played alone and triggered with your hero power can clear the board of low cost minions..
  2. The Nerubian Egg can be played alone to discourage your opponent from casting an AoE.
  3. Egg and sheep be played/triggered together on turn 6 to potentially clear the board of enemy minions while leaving you with a 4/4.
I tried and failed with more exotic versions of this deck, but I'm doing fine with this one. Though, honestly, my opportunities to use any of those strategies listed above have been limited.

So any advice you might have about tweaking the deck in a different way would be welcome.

I'm a relative noob to HS, but I have leaned a lot and am improving thanks to this site's Decks/write ups. So thanks!

I haven't put a great deal of though into GvG Mage yet, but the absolute first thing you do in any all-in Aggro deck with GvG is add Jeeves. Jeeves is a borderline broken card in decks like this that burn through all their resources quickly and rely on good draws to keep up the pressure. 

I really hope you update this for GvG. I had a Mage aggro that was fun to play.. Until Naxramas. It was then ok to play. Now it basically sucks.

But this looks like a reasonable place to start from. Perhaps snow chugger can free up the frost bolts as excellent taunt removal? And that card that's essentially a free magic missile if you have mechs seems like it could work well?

Yeah, there's a mech based Aggro mage that uses the cards you talked about, i'll do a guide on it soon.

Yeah, there's a mech based Aggro mage that uses the cards you talked about, i'll do a guide on it soon.

Thanks, looking forward to it!

Hi there.

Right now, I'm playing a modified version of this deck, and beign a casual player, I've been able to hit rank 12, so I'm very happy with it. I don't own Bloodmage Thalnos, so I'm running a Pyroblast instead of it, and most of the time I use it as a finisher. Also, I've swapped the Haunted Creeper for a Blizzard, in order to clean the board or gaining tempo in the late-game. What do you think?

My question is: How can I improve this deck, while keeping it at low cost? I already own several interesting cards, such as another copy of Blizzard, 1x Wild Pyromancer, Jeeves, Ancient Mage, Azure Drake, Argent Commander, Faceless Manipulator, Big Game Hunter, Ysera, and 2x Arcane Golem, Sunwalker. I should be able to craft several blue cards, or even a puple card.

In short, this is my current decklist:

Mage Cards Neutral Cards

Thank you very much, guys.

Hi there.

Right now, I'm playing a modified version of this deck, and beign a casual player, I've been able to hit rank 12, so I'm very happy with it. I don't own Bloodmage Thalnos, so I'm running a Pyroblast instead of it, and most of the time I use it as a finisher. Also, I've swapped the Haunted Creeper for a Blizzard, in order to clean the board or gaining tempo in the late-game. What do you think?

My question is: How can I improve this deck, while keeping it at low cost? I already own several interesting cards, such as another copy of Blizzard, 1x Wild Pyromancer, Jeeves, Ancient Mage, Azure Drake, Argent Commander, Faceless Manipulator, Big Game Hunter, Ysera, and 2x Arcane Golem, Sunwalker. I should be able to craft several blue cards, or even a puple card.

In short, this is my current decklist:

Mage Cards Neutral Cards

Thank you very much, guys.

That's the same deck as the authors...you never changed it :/

Hi there...

I've swapped two cards in this deck, a Haunted Creeper for a Blizzard (I was in need of an AoE spell), and a Bloodmage Thalnos (I don't have that card in my collection) for a Pyroblast that I opened in a card pack.

Sottle's Mid Budget Mage Aggro Deck:

• 2x Ice Lance
  • 2x Mirror Image
  • 2x Mana Wyrm
  • 2x Frostbolt
  • 2x Sorcerer's Apprentice
  • 2x Arcane Intellect
  • 1x Counterspell
  • 1x Mirror Entity
  • 2x Fireball
  • 2x Water Elemental
  • 2x Leper Gnome
  • 2x Undertaker naxxramas-icon.png
  • 1x Pyroblast
  • 1x Blizzardnaxxramas-icon.png
  • 2x Knife Juggler
  • 2x Loot Hoarder
  • 2x Mad Scientist

This is the deck without the internet links, I think I made a mistake with the format when I copypasted Sottle's deck, sorry for any inconvenience.

So, I was asking for some advice of the community, in order to improve it while keeping it al low-cost.

Thank you very much!

I don't like Pyroblast in this deck at all, it justs costs too much. It's only good as a late-game top deck, any other turn you draw it, it's really, really bad. You'd probably be better served by an Arcane Golem.

Even better, i'd just work towards playing the Mech Mage deck instead, it pretty much outclasses this older Aggro build in every way, although I understand it's a little more expensive.

Thank you very much for your advice. I think I will give a try to the Mechmage deck, and I will also try the Arcane Golem.

Thanks a lot !!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0