FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
kevvax

Combat - Which weapon in OH?

Should go for dagger the haste will help for low energy regen and you always want a slower weapon for Combat Potency passive

You contradict yourself here by telling him to use the dagger then saying that slower is better. 

In any case, the slower is better thing isn't true. Slower weapons have a higher chance to generate the energy because they hit less often, and Combat Potency is normalized so you can use your best weapon in your OH no matter what

@Kevvax I don't really think you're losing out either way. The dagger has really nice stats for you, but you lose out in weapon damage. I suggest you go smack a target dummy for 10 minutes doing your normal rotation - 5 minutes with one weapon and 5 with the other. This or simming it is the only way to really know, but my hunch is to go with the mace. 

You have to ponder if the few points more in agility will counterbalance the damage gain on the mace. Thing is the dagger has haste, which was something that kept ticking behind my ear... Energy regen is so sluggish currently, and the haste amounts are really small to make a difference (I feel like we'd need 10 or 15% more haste to feel comfortable).

You have to ponder if the few points more in agility will counterbalance the damage gain on the mace. Thing is the dagger has haste, which was something that kept ticking behind my ear... Energy regen is so sluggish currently, and the haste amounts are really small to make a difference (I feel like we'd need 10 or 15% more haste to feel comfortable).

Yeah that's why I don't know. The stats on the dagger are great, but I'm not convinced that they're good enough to overcome the damage deficit. My guess is that it depends on his gear - if he has a lot of Mastery and Multistrike, the Mace is probably better. Problem is I just don't know what that breakpoint would be, cause I'm not a computer 

Yeah that's why I don't know. The stats on the dagger are great, but I'm not convinced that they're good enough to overcome the damage deficit. My guess is that it depends on his gear - if he has a lot of Mastery and Multistrike, the Mace is probably better. Problem is I just don't know what that breakpoint would be, cause I'm not a computer 

No? Oh. My. GOD. You deceived me all this time?!

No? Oh. My. GOD. You deceived me all this time?!

Sorry. I know I have an encyclopedic knowledge of just about everything in WoW, but I am in fact not a computer. I'm just a 37 year old 400lbs nerd who lives in his mom's basement doing nothing with his life but play WoW.

jk. or am I...