Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kevvax

Combat - Which weapon in OH?

8 posts in this topic

Use whatever gives you the most stats on OH.

I'd say Mace, since has higher damage.

Should go for dagger the haste will help for low energy regen and you always want a slower weapon for Combat Potency passive

Should go for dagger the haste will help for low energy regen and you always want a slower weapon for Combat Potency passive

You contradict yourself here by telling him to use the dagger then saying that slower is better. 

In any case, the slower is better thing isn't true. Slower weapons have a higher chance to generate the energy because they hit less often, and Combat Potency is normalized so you can use your best weapon in your OH no matter what

@Kevvax I don't really think you're losing out either way. The dagger has really nice stats for you, but you lose out in weapon damage. I suggest you go smack a target dummy for 10 minutes doing your normal rotation - 5 minutes with one weapon and 5 with the other. This or simming it is the only way to really know, but my hunch is to go with the mace. 

You have to ponder if the few points more in agility will counterbalance the damage gain on the mace. Thing is the dagger has haste, which was something that kept ticking behind my ear... Energy regen is so sluggish currently, and the haste amounts are really small to make a difference (I feel like we'd need 10 or 15% more haste to feel comfortable).

You have to ponder if the few points more in agility will counterbalance the damage gain on the mace. Thing is the dagger has haste, which was something that kept ticking behind my ear... Energy regen is so sluggish currently, and the haste amounts are really small to make a difference (I feel like we'd need 10 or 15% more haste to feel comfortable).

Yeah that's why I don't know. The stats on the dagger are great, but I'm not convinced that they're good enough to overcome the damage deficit. My guess is that it depends on his gear - if he has a lot of Mastery and Multistrike, the Mace is probably better. Problem is I just don't know what that breakpoint would be, cause I'm not a computer 

Yeah that's why I don't know. The stats on the dagger are great, but I'm not convinced that they're good enough to overcome the damage deficit. My guess is that it depends on his gear - if he has a lot of Mastery and Multistrike, the Mace is probably better. Problem is I just don't know what that breakpoint would be, cause I'm not a computer 

No? Oh. My. GOD. You deceived me all this time?!

No? Oh. My. GOD. You deceived me all this time?!

Sorry. I know I have an encyclopedic knowledge of just about everything in WoW, but I am in fact not a computer. I'm just a 37 year old 400lbs nerd who lives in his mom's basement doing nothing with his life but play WoW.

jk. or am I...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ithok
      About us...
      Geek Squad is a swedish guild that has been around for many years. We are currently focusing on mythic raiding and our goal is to always clear the current content before the release of the next tier. The guild is composed mainly of former hardcore raiders who can't play as much as in our younger days but who still want to play, have fun and have a good progression. Since we raid only 2 days a week we expect our raiders to have a high attendance and to be well prepared for current content. 
      Raid schedule...
      Thursday 19–22
      Sunday 18-22
      What do we expect from you:
      - Swedish speaker; as the guild solely consists of swedish players we expect you to have a good understanding of the swedish language and be able to communicate on both voicecom and chat.
      - Attendance; as we only raid 2 days a week and keep a tight roster of raiders (not more then few on the bench at time) so being there and available even if not selected for certain boss is very important
      - Maturity; as the average age in Geek Squad is a bit above most guilds we would prefer if you are as well. We are a bunch of guys with families, jobs and real lives outside of the game and we understand all that comes with it. However if you are to commit to raiding with us we want you to be in it for the long haul. We focus on having fun with the game while also maintaining a competitive attitude, we hope you want to be a part of and contribute to that.
      - Social skills; be communicative, enjoy the game, let us know in advance if something is going to interfere with your raiding schedule so that we can plan accordingly. In our own modest opinions we have one of the best guild environments you can be a part of and we want to bring in more people who can positively contribute to that.
      - Know your class inside out and how to perform it to its maximum. Be able to take constructive criticism
      What can we offer you:
      - Stable guild; the guild has been around for a long time and we have no plans to slow down now.
      -We always try to bring the players that will give us the most chance of killing a boss on progression fights, this means you will have the same chance as everyone else of competing for a spot.
      - Experienced and motivated players; most of our raiders have played the game for a long time (vanilla/tbc) and are still highly motivated to get the most of the raiding time that we have together. If you are to join us we expect you to do everything you can to further those goals.
      - Occasional alt raids, not mandatory. Totally optional for people who want a little bit more raiding on side with their alts
      PROGRESS:
      Emerald Nightmare: 7/7
      Trial of Valor: 2/3
      Nighthold: 3/10 (10/10 HC farming on off days)
      RECRUITMENT:
      We are currently looking mainly for range dps classes and a rogue, we don't have an application form as we feel that is an old and inefficient way of doing recruitment. Instead we focus on interviews as well as going through a bit of logs. We dont expect you to consistently parse in the 90% but at least showing that you know your class well.
      - MAGE (high)
      - BALANCE DRUID(high)
      - HUNTER (high)
      - WARLOCK(low)
      - Shadow Priest(low)
      - Elemental Shaman(low)
      - ROGUE(low)
      If you are interested feel free to contact us.
      How to apply:
      To apply contact Ithok#2898, Krebb#2944, kebban#21852 or whisper an officer ingame.
      Thanks for reading and hope to hear from you soon!
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Menagerie Aggro Rogue Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Murloc Aggro Rogue Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 1/10M NH, 10/10H NH 6/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
      If you are interested, please PM me (violentravi#1826) or recruiting officer Sepsis (tuxedomask#1712) in game.  However, if you have time (which goes a long way) for us to give you a real evaluation there is a short forum to fill out linked on our discord: https://discord.gg/JMVuYRW

Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By Essix
      So I know the title sounds a bit silly, but hear me out. My problem with MfD is, quite simply, that it locks the upper body of your character into the /point animation and I hate how it looks. I hate it hate it hate it. I use MfD, then Run Through, and my rogue does this weird crouching lunge forward with her cutlass pointing up into the sky. It's so infuriating, and I can't just wait until the animation finishes because I'll lose DPS.
      So, how much does MfD outclass the other max level talents for Outlaw? I just want to know if it's even possible to take one of the other talents and have even somewhat competetive DPS.