Rougekillerz

17% hit cap for Combat Rogues

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

Hello. Why no mention of the 17% hit cap for Combat Rogues in your guides?

Hello there,

Combat Rogues only do a small portion of their damage through poisons (as opposed to Assassination Rogues who rely very much on poisons). Therefore, Combat Rogues only need to get to the 8% hit cap where special melee attacks no longer miss. From there on, investing in Expertise Rating (until the cap) and Haste Rating is more important.

• Like 1

oh yikes, ive never really conformed to the rogue builds, and gone my own way, but obviously i can be doing better... i REALLY need to work on expertise then! at lvl 85 with regular gear (379-397) what should my target haste/hit/crit/mastery/expertise look like? my hit is 12.58% unbuffed, but i guess thats too much?? .....see, i took remedial math in college ..... twice.... numbers sooooo arent my thing, im VERY much the girl stereotype on this one, and can NEVER figure out all the stats properly..... i just look for the right numbers, then shoot for them and stabby stab stab stab! .... at least i LOOK good in leather.........

I wouldn't say your hit is too high you don't want to aim for 17% hit, but you want to be over standard hit cap. As for your other stats ensure you get expertise capped as second priority to hit cap. Then focus stats in order of importance agility, haste, mastery, crit is almost worthless.

Shamless plug of my rogue

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Hardbeatz/simple

• Like 1

Your belt is missing gems! Posted Image

Gems and a belt buckle. Nice legendaries btw. I still don't have any legendaries, had to switch from shadow to healing in 4.2 so I didn't get the staff. I'm still trying to get it tho, one bit at a time.

Your belt is missing gems! Posted Image

Gems and a belt buckle. Nice legendaries btw. I still don't have any legendaries, had to switch from shadow to healing in 4.2 so I didn't get the staff. I'm still trying to get it tho, one bit at a time.

Oh no you caught me! I tend to only play my rogue on raid nights and often you will find me gemming / enchanting / reforging an hour before the next raid night!.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hanz39
      I've never shared a deck but I'll make an exception sharing one of my most successful decks (played on the ladder up to rank 3 several months)
      It's a Keleseth Rogue with very peculiar cards and the biggest difference is that Deathwing is mostly the win-condition of the deck
      Here is the masterpiece :D
      2X Backstab
      2X Shadowstep
      2X Elven Archer
      2X Swashburglar
      2X Southsea Deckhand
      1X Patches the Pirate
      1X Prince Keleseth
      1X Acolyte of Pain
      2X SI:7 Agent
      2X Southsea Captain
      1X Edwin VanCleef
      1X Shaku, the Collector
      2X Saronite Chain Gang
      2X Nesting Roc
      2X Vilespine Slayer
      1X The Black Knight
      1X The Curator
      2X Bonemare
      1X Deathwing

Elven Archer is mainly a combo activator that is more useful than Fire Fly since it does damage and can be shadowstepped if needs and save countless damage to face when big minions remain on the field with 1 hp saving you from taking huge face  damage to ping them, the card really shine in the deck to the point to deserving to name it
      The Curator is there to pull Deathwing mostly and you get also a Nesting Roc in the process
      Nesting Roc takes the place of Cobalt Scalebane commonly seen to add synergy to Curator, give a strong minion that priest almost never remove or a 7 hp taunt that I find more useful than a 5/5 do nothing
      The Black Knight was added to help Vilespine removing high health minions that mostly have taunt to direct Vilespine on the other minions
      Deathwing is the big surprise because it usually win matches on its own even matches that are completely off control can be win thanks to him.
      Most people tend to go all in when see a Rogue in late game because almost nobody with similar decks bring aoe removal and even less can suspect that the dragon you pull with The Curator is Deathwing himself wrongfully think that is probably a Cobalt Scalebane
      Against a Jade Druid landing a Deathwing is almost guaranteed to end the game because they spend any removal on the other minions and tend to go wide with boards resulting in losing 6-7 minions and have to face a 12 attack minion that they need at least 2 turns, turns they don't have cause Deathwing going face and leaving them dead.
      Not drawing Keleseth early here isn't much a loss because you not need to win as fast as possible othwerwise you are doomed because usually the plan B works better than the plan A because the deck run so many minion that almost nobody save a removal for the 'surprise' Deathwing.
      If someone wants try it let me know how was. I used this from rank 15 to 3 for 3 months already winning most of the matches without much problems against the most commonly found decks in standard.

• By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 4/9 Mythic TOS.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:05 PM until 12:05 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Mythis TOS progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or hit me up on battlenet, Violentnacho, recruiting officer (violentravi#1826.
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By HansHolger
      Hallo everybody,
      I have a question about transmoging.
      I would love to use the silent Assassin set on my Monk, i that possible? I know that i can wear the t13 from druids, but not sure about that special rogue set.
      https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/transmogrification-rogue-challenge-mode-set
      Thank you in advance
      HansHolger
    • By weedle
      1. can i do comparable ( to subtlety ) damage as assasination rogue? what is difference in %?
      2. shadowcraft shows me that subterfuge is 25k dps more than nightstalker, is it real?
      3. simcraft shows me, that my dps now as assasination is 25-30k less than subtlety ( 55 and 59 artifact level ), will it be the same gap when i get 59 assa artifact, or subtlety damage is always higher?
    • By MarcHethrusWaters
      Maximum Effort is a new guild on Cenarion circle (A). I was the raid leader for my guild for a long time and we built up a strong raid team. Due to do some dis-agreements between me and the guild leader I was forced to leave. But luckly enough a lot of my team followed me! We're working to build a guild focused around team work and group progression. We love doing mythics, raids, talking and theory crafting about the game!
      We have a very strong-core raid group, capable of clearing heroic and doing some mythic but we're just missing a few people to round it out!
      Raid nights.. Tue/wed 6-830pm server (9:30-11:30 est) Off night Monday 6-830pm server (9-11:30 est)
      Looking for.. -Any and all dps specs
      - Non pally or holy priest healer!
      All raid mats and needs are covered by guild, we run personal look just for the ease of it.
      My btag is Hethrus#1504 if you have questions or wish to try out!