Brutalpriest

Addon for tracking multiple enemies?

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

Hey all.  As you know, when dotweaving you should replace mind spikes with SW:Pain on off-targets on fights with more than one enemy.  I'm looking for an addon that can order my enemies' bars somehow, or be Grid (the addon) but for enemies.  

Any of you guys know of an addon that will accomplish this sort of thing?  Tab targeting is a real hastle, and trying to click the enemy I want almost always  results in delays, throwing off my dotweave completely. 

Thanks guys!

I remember an old one "ForteXorcist" not sure if its update to 6.0. But it still just show your dots not all enemy you face. 

If you need pure raid boss hp frame there are alot to pick here. I use ShadowedUnitFrames. In options i set to show my dots only, i resize them/reposition to my needs. It do alot more than just Boss Frame so playing in options can take some time. You should be able to turn off everything but boss frame.  

Another good option to track multiple targets dots ( in aoe lots of new adds and overall chaos ) is TidyPlates << if you spend time configure it...  you will never go back.You can set it to change hp color when low enough for SW:Death snipe ( im a Warlock so its Shadowburn for me ^^ )  

Also for healing i change plates to 50 % optaticy and 50 % size only go to 100% when its my target

so it dont bother me when im running around and i see where is my target ( in fire for example ^^ )

I strongly advice to do a copy of interface folder before you will go hardcore on config. I also suggest go 1st in profile tab ( in addon ) and set a name for it so you will not do everything on "default" witch can be linked across all characters and moving something on alt can destroy your main settings. 

Its what i find best for me and it cooperate good with all other addons i use. 

For addon updating i use WoWMatrix thing. Auto detect interface and auto update ALL ADDONS lika boss. 

If you need any interface ( performence/raid setings ) i can advice what you need to make it clean. 

Hope it helps

Edited by Lotrix

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hjp
      Who are we?
      Volatile are a group of mostly ex-mythic raiders, looking to get back into mythic raiding and for us to be able to do that we need some more people to fill the gaps. Besides raiding our friendly bunch of members enjoy running mythic+ on daily basis, helping out with world quests among other things. Our discord is usually filled with members for daily banter and weekly fun. If you enjoy all that, you most certainly will enjoy your stay in Volatile.
      Who are we looking for?
      We're primarily looking for ranged DPS to fill out the roster. But we are also interested in any dps class with a good healing offspec. Even though your class isn't listed below, don't be afraid of getting in contact with us.
      Tanks - Closed
      Healers - Closed
      Ranged DPS - Open
      Melee DPS - Closed
      Overall we're looking for people with a good knowledge of their class/spec who know how to improve their gameplay. Being fairly thick skinned and being able to accept constructive criticism, as well as the occasional jab from some of our more 'outspoken' members, is a big plus too.
      When do we raid?
      We raid two times a week as standard, we often have an additional raid day if necessary. See raid times below. 
      Thursday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Monday: 8pm - 11pm (Server time)
      Tuesday: 8pm - 11pm (Additional day)
      Application process:
      We believe the best way to get to know if someone is right for the guild is just to have a chat, rather than go through a long application process. So we'll have a chat, look at logs and possibly run some M+ to get to know each other. If you're interested in joining our mythic raid team, contact any of the following:
      Contact us:
      GM: 
      Xadel#2609, Xadel (ingame)
      Passive#2900, Malenky (ingame)
      Council: 
      Òops#2597, Drainphase (ingame)
      Ohajay#2606, Draconem (ingame)
      Hjp#21650, Phynn (ingame)
    • By PingChanGeR
      Hello there guys.

So I was wondering if there's something like a top 10 list for SP trinkets because I'm switching trinkets like crazy and I don't recognize any difference at all. Switching between WitD/Haste-Stat and Haste-stat/Mastery-stat at the moment.
      Now the next question is if we're using AS or SL and what stats to prioritize with them? Some of the top dps SP are using weird setups and confuse me. They all favor haste of course but some play with a crit heavy build and SL and some are playing with a mastery heavy build and AS. I don't get that tbh.
      At least that's what their logs and their armory are saying.

• By Friedbones
      I've been playing with the ElvUI and recently started working on my Enhancement Shaman.  But I noticed that when I am in combat, practically every skill/talent I use shows up above my character bar in a series of bars, with listing each skill or talent I use.  I cannot figure out how to remove those as they tend to clutter everything up and I already know what I am using, so its unnecessary for it to be repeated in bars above my character.
      How do I remove those?  I've been trying to figure it out but the set for ElvUI is a bit confusing for me and I have tried a few things which I ended up reverting because I mucked up things.
      So have need of some assistance please.  I shall endeavor to go repeat this phenomenon and take a screen shot so you can see what I am referring to, and attach it when I get it.

Edit:  Here is a screen shot showing what I am talking about.  Please note items inside yellow square on left bottom of shot.

• By Mel7
      Greetings. I'm Mel, My main is holy - but I'm trying to build a good Shadow Priest. Last night we attempted Elisande on heroic for the first time just to get a feel for it. We are not there yet as a guild, but I'm here to try and get some advice on spriest. Our main dps is Goma - he is shadow. He is pretty good, I've only just started playing shadow.
      For the differences below he was pulling a WHOLE LOT more dps than me. 
      I know there is a specific rotation, and I try to stick to it -- what the WA script below tells me to roll with seems right on. 
      I did learn today that I need to be popping Mind Bomb, Infusion, potion, and Shadowfiend AFTER being in Voidform long enough to stack haste to get added benefits. I was popping those on pull, and not paying attention to stacking them in Voidform. 
      I was (I thought) staying in Voidform as much as I could - but the data doesn't reflect that. 

STAT            Goma         Mel
      ===========================
      iLVL              903              898
      weapon       918              919     (he does have better relics and trinks)
      Int                44,978        43,706 (I used a flask, etc and he didnt)
      Crit              19.8%          23.11%
      Haste           32.86%      35.2%
      Mast            64.79%       48.67%
      Talents        San'layn    Aus Spirits  (otherwise the same)
      My toon
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kul-tiras/Melchezidek/simple 
      His toon
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kul-tiras/Goma/simple 
      Not a whole lot different, I do have sephuz' secret. 

Mel's data from WOL
      http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-e3mnkd3byt8e9ct4/details/31/ 
      Goma's data from WOL
      http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-e3mnkd3byt8e9ct4/details/5/

As far as rotation, I base mine off of Icy Vein's docs. I do use Weak Aura's, and imported this script:
      https://pastebin.com/ii6ukt92
      From this youtube video
      - which also refs Icy Veins.

You all see anything obvious and huge I am doing or am not doing?

Thanks!

Mel
    • By chocoslayer88
      Hey yall! so i'm writing this because i just want to undesrtand something. my friend and i compared numbers today because we are both shadow priests albeit i have a higher ilvl than he does maybe by around 7 im sitting at 863 . 
      what happend was during the last fight we decided to do the same -ish rotations meaing we both had vamp touch and shadow pain up on the same boss at all times.
      at the end of the fight i found something odd,
      his vamp touch dealt 4.99m dmg with max hit at 315 and minimum 
      mine only dealt 3.71 with max hit at 335 but take this in, minimum hit at 17k LOLLL
      another thing that got my attention
      his max hit on mind blast was 512 k, while mine was only at 281k.
      his crit and mastery stands at 20% and 40%, mine at 24% and 42%
      his haste stands at 27 and mine stands at 24
      can anyone explain this? at all? does it make any sense at all LOL