Onizuka

Best spec for gear! [Help!]

9 posts in this topic

Hi, been lurking for a while and this is my first post, so please tell me if these sort of topics are supposed to be created elsewhere! 

From my understanding, Survival is now the best specialization for hunters and a change from Marksmanship to Survival will most likely be made! But I'm unsure if my gear is better suited for Markmanship rather than Survival! Just wanted to check if what I suspect is true before changing enchants and scope, from crit to multistrike! Don't want to spend alot of gold only to realise what I had before was better!

Link to armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Onizuka/simple

Thanks for taking a look on my post! Sincerly, Onizuka! :>

Edited by Onizuka

Best way to find out is to go to http://simulationcraft.org, download the latest release, and simulate your character between the specs.  I don't know how to do all three at the same time, but to do the 2 specs you currently have, Import both the active and inactive profiles and copy/paste one underneath the other.  This will compare them side by side.

I2aaKv4.jpg?1

You would most likely have way better SV results if you were full Multistrike enchanted/scoped.  But getting SV to even out with MM on pathwerk fights requires some work with dropping haste gear imo.

Edited by Ulgratron

I2aaKv4.jpg?1

You would most likely have way better SV results if you were full Multistrike enchanted/scoped. But getting SV to even out with MM on pathwerk fights requires some work with dropping haste gear imo.

Thank you for taking your time helping me with this! :D

I tried simulating Survival with Multistrike enchants + scope and found that Survival still lags behind MM by alot! That probably wouldn't have been the case if I didn't have so much haste as I currently have, just as you said! :>

From what I've gathered, the best course of action will be to keep MM as my main spec for now, until I've gotten gear more suited for survival! :)

Edited by Onizuka

Also keep in mind that sim is for Pathwerk.  In a fight like Imperator that requires very high movement and low uptime on Sniper Training, SV will close the gap.

Also keep in mind that sim is for Pathwerk.  In a fight like Imperator that requires very high movement and low uptime on Sniper Training, SV will close the gap.

Yup, That's for sure! But would you recommend changing all enchants to MS or just switching scope to the MS one? 

I'm new to simcraft so I'm not really sure how to sim different enchants without actually doing them. But with how the new stat weights are looking it's possible that full MS and scope would be better for you in both specs. If anyone with better simcraft knowlege could chime in that would be nice.

I'm new to simcraft so I'm not really sure how to sim different enchants without actually doing them. But with how the new stat weights are looking it's possible that full MS and scope would be better for you in both specs. If anyone with better simcraft knowlege could chime in that would be nice.

I have a post explaining exact issue here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.
      We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - 3 or more mythic boss kills in NH.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance.
      Hunter: BM/MM.
      Priest: Shadow.
      Warlock: Affli/Destro.
      Any and all applications be considered.
    • By Ririxia
      ABOUT US
      We Tried is a mythic progression raiding guild formed by an ambitious raid leader seeking like minded, progression oriented players who would work together towards clearing the latest content while it is still considered relevant. After suffering some roster issues, We Tried merged with Procrastination in late December 2016 and together we have fully cleared Emerald Nightmare Mythic within just two weeks.
      OUR PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS & FUTURE GOALS
      Although we have since slowed down, we are proud ourselves of holding the realm 27th Nythendra Mythic and 24th Elerathe Renferal Mythic kills.
      Today we are actively working towards forming a raid team that would be able to attain our previous glory and compete on a realm wide level.
      CURRENTLY RECRUITING
      Frost DK
      BM/MM Hunter
      Retri Paladin
      Shadow Priest
      Elemental & Resto Shaman
      Arms/Fury Warrior
      *Applications from exceptional players will always be considered regardless of recruitment status*
      RAID TIMES
      Wednesday 20.30 - 23.00
      Thursday 20.00 - 23.00
      Sunday 20.00 - 23.00
      IDEAL RECRUIT
      Our ideal recruits are players who are passionate about the game and about progress. Each raider is expected to do whatever they can to improve their skills outside of the raiding environment and pull their own weight within the raid.
      We are looking for mythic ready players who, without fail, know the tactics for every boss prior to entering the instance; have solid knowledge of their class and continuously strive to improve themselves; have a near 100% attendance rating; are prepared to wipe often on progression nights and can not only take the constructive criticism that comes their way but are also able to give constructive criticism back, as well as share new ideas and approaches relevant to the content we are clearing at the time.
      CONTACT & INFO
      If you have any questions or concerns you're welcome to contact me in game (Ririxia#2172) or on Discord (Ririxia#1469). You can find more info about our guild, guidelines, raiding policies, trials and the loot system, as well as apply on our website - http://we-tried.enjin.com
    • By MissedLethal
      Hello follow hunters and others,
      Tonight i was blessed by getting my BiS legendary, The Mantle of Command. As happy as i was, i discovered that my dps waas quite a bit lower on ST(single target) while in the guide, it says it should be best/good for ST aswell. So i wondered why that was. Asking a guildmate, that also plays BM, he said that i might need to swap my stat prio. However, and this is where i ask you guys the question, what are those stat prio and what should i change in my sim values (using the standard ones now).

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/xavius/Oswlethal/simple (wasnt updated when i posted it here, so might put another one in the desc)
    • By Lor
      Sindorei Council, a family-friendly and socially active guild has been active since 7/24/2007 (BC drop), currently 7/7 (H)EN, 2/3 (H)ToV, and 10/10, 3/10(H) NH.  Seeking DPS (notably ranged) for completion of Heroic and preparation for 7.2.    
      We are not a hardcore progression guild - have never been and don't seek to create that atmosphere.  We are an incredibly welcoming social guild with a core raid component of very skilled players who have enough real-life going on that one night/week (occasionally 2) is what we push for.   We've reached our current raid progression on essentially one night/week. 
      Are you a good fit?  If you enjoy playing your class very well, are reliable to be on at the given time(s), yearn for a fun PG atmosphere in Gchat and Discord with mostly adults, and feel like one (occasionally 2) night per week is ideal for the time you want to put into raiding then we may be a good fit for you.  We help others get better and push people to have fun in guild, raiding or not ( be it through Questing, M+, WQ's, Roics, Pet Battles, etc.). We know our members' backstories and strive to make our guild a family.  Very active FB page and Discord.  
      Schedule:   Current main core raid night is Thursday from 7:30 EST - 10:30 EST (Bloodhoof Server time).  Sunday nights are an alternative night for us.
      Progress:  7/7 (H)EN, 2/3 (H)ToV, 10/10 NH, 3/10 (H)NH
      Loot:  All Personal - hand down to people who need 
      NEEDS: 
      - SPriest
      - Boomkin
      - Hunter
      - Another skilled dps that is comfortable off spec as Tank works well also (Feral/Guardian, WW/BM, etc.)
      Interested?:
      BTAG: Lorienawk#1319 or Mango#1525.  
      Thanks and Happy Hunting!
    • By Crisprat
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1L44bIm158
       Is this how you do it?