FORUMS
Krazyito

Weak Auras - Ask here for help! Read first post: Discord channel

What DBM does is have a fixed timer dependant on when the encounter started or after a specific event.  Many times you have to wait for the first iteration of the spell/event that you want to track before you can make a timer for it, and even then it could be off because the boss doesn't want to or other events are in the way.  Its actually pretty complicated, but you may want to start by heading over to the Vox Immortalis forums and start reading up.  

Do note that the WA thread on Vox is about 3 or 4 years old, so a lot of the early information might be out of date / non-useable. A lot of the basics are still the same.

If you want to get into custom scripting more, First you of course need a basic understanding of how to program, and then learn the syntax for LUA (There are many guides out there for basic lua programming), then look for weak auras other people made, and just read the code and try to understand what they did or how they did it.

To save you a little bit of time, here is my first post in the thread.  I was trying to learn how to do custom auras as well and had a few basic questions. Read for a few pages through that and you can probably learn a few things.

If you do not have any programming experience (in any language) I would recommend learning some before doing this or asking for help in the Vox thread.  That thread is specifically made to help people who know how to code, and are trying to learn a few tricks with weak auras.

@Krazyito, thanks for the honor alert.  I imported it without issue, but have not tested it yet.  That was because I initially thought I had to wait until I had accumulated enough honor until the alert triggered.  But now that I think about it, I can change the honor threshold in the aura to something low, just to test.  I'll do that this evening and let you know.

Thanks again.

Thanks Krazy, I will definitely spend some time reading throught the Vox Immortalis forums to learn more about custom code. Looks like it's time for me to start learning Lua too.

@Krazyito, thanks for the honor alert.  I imported it without issue, but have not tested it yet.  That was because I initially thought I had to wait until I had accumulated enough honor until the alert triggered.  But now that I think about it, I can change the honor threshold in the aura to something low, just to test.  I'll do that this evening and let you know.

Thanks again.

Np.

Thanks Krazy, I will definitely spend some time reading throught the Vox Immortalis forums to learn more about custom code. Looks like it's time for me to start learning Lua too.

Feel free to ask me something specific if you want.  I know a few things, but the people over there definitely know more. I also tend to answer some questions over there about things if i can, so your pick.

@Krazy, the honor point alert works, thanks.  With what you've taught me, I was able to copy it and create something similar for conquest points.  Thanks!

Here's one I thought of: an aura that shows how many enemies are within 8 yards of my target.  Helpful to know whether or not to AoE when I can't explicitly see where adds are at (on Beastlord and Thogar for example).

Pretty sure this just got buried in here, so I'll ask again.

I'll try to look into it tonight. I've never done it with multiple targets so I'm not sure if I can do it.

I'll let you know if i get anywhere close.

Haven't really been able to look into it.. I'll try this weekend if I'm not super busy =/

I've been looking for a weak aura that will show all the shamans in the group who have reincarnate available...the only one i have been able to find won't show up if the shaman is dead...

can anyone help me with this?

Try using a different add on for that, like Exodus raid tools or Hermes.  I'm not sure if it does what you're looking for, but I would give it a shot.

Is there a way to track with WA enemy's NPC HP in raid for non-boss units? For example for Siegemakers on P2 of Blackhand's encounter?

Is there a way to track with WA enemy's NPC HP in raid for non-boss units? For example for Siegemakers on P2 of Blackhand's encounter?

I think that units such as Siegemakers, Elementalists on Blast Furnace, Cinder Wolves on Flamebender, etc. are automatically assigned as boss2 (boss3, boss4, boss5 eventually).

That means that a progress bar with a status/hp trigger on a specific unit 'boss2' should always display an hp bar of the oldest active Siegemaker. That is my guess.

Edited by Derienn

I think that units such as Siegemakers, Elementalists on Blast Furnace, Cinder Wolves on Flamebender, etc. are automatically assigned as boss2 (boss3, boss4, boss5 eventually).

I thought in this way too, so made an aura to show the Health of all the bosses (boss1....boss5) but it didn't work for me yesterday in the raid.

But if you are saying that it should work then I'll check what I wrote wrong there.

Today I'm gonna work on the multi target thing when I get home in an hour. I'll find something for you as well for the seigemaker.

The number of targets in range looks complicated.  I think i have to combine a bunch of differnet functions i know of to do it right.. Let me ask around some more and see what i can find.  

edit: here is your answer: http://www.voximmortalis.com/threads/4328-WeakAuras-Tutoring-Thread?p=35118&viewfull=1#post35118

There… Should not be. The function giving the position to a unit is not available for hostile units, to prevent the players from accessing this information automatically and therefore force them to watch the screen for that. There might be a workaround, but I don't know any, and I think Blizzard would try to prevent such workaround from having a long living =)

The only distance information you can retrieve a priori are the distances between two friendly targets / a friendly target and a specific point (x and y coordinates).

EDIT: You can also retrieve a range of distance between you and your target with IsSpellInRange, but I doubt you could do much more.

Guess its not really doable

As for the seigemaker one, it should be pretty simple..  Health -> specific unit -> boss2

The number of targets in range looks complicated.  I think i have to combine a bunch of differnet functions i know of to do it right.. Let me ask around some more and see what i can find.  

edit: here is your answer: http://www.voximmortalis.com/threads/4328-WeakAuras-Tutoring-Thread?p=35118&viewfull=1#post35118

Guess its not really doable

Ahh, alright, darn.  Thanks for trying/searching though.

As for the seigemaker one, it should be pretty simple..  Health -> specific unit -> boss2

I had this exactly, so went to check myself and found a typo in word 'return' in custom function.

/Facepalm

Thanks for the help :)

Can someone explain what exactly WA is meant to be used for? For whatever reason I can't seem to wrap my head around it - it just seems to broad.

Can someone explain what exactly WA is meant to be used for? For whatever reason I can't seem to wrap my head around it - it just seems to broad.

WeakAuras is an addon that allows you to display highly customizable graphics on your screen to indicate buffs, debuffs, and a whole host of similar types of information.

Features include:

• Progress bars and textures that show the exact duration of stuff that you are tracking
  • Displays based on auras, health, power (mana, rage, soul shards, holy power, etc.), cooldowns, combat events, runes, totems, items, and many other triggers
  • Custom side-effects such as chat announcements or sounds

and so on... © Curse.com

WeakAuras are used mostly in high end PvE and PvP where you have to track many specific abilities and react extremely fast and precise.

• Like 1

Weak Auras allows you to create an aura (usually an image or text) that tracks something, whether it be trinket procs, cooldowns, debuffs, whatever. Given that you can customize the aura as to where and how big it is, WA helps put that thing you are tracking in a good place in your screen where it's easy to see without being obstructive.
  • Like 1

WeakAuras is an addon that allows you to display highly customizable graphics on your screen to indicate buffs, debuffs, and a whole host of similar types of information.

Features include:

• Progress bars and textures that show the exact duration of stuff that you are tracking
  • Displays based on auras, health, power (mana, rage, soul shards, holy power, etc.), cooldowns, combat events, runes, totems, items, and many other triggers
  • Custom side-effects such as chat announcements or sounds

and so on... © Curse.com

WeakAuras are used mostly in high end PvE and PvP where you have to track many specific abilities and react extremely fast and precise.

Weak Auras allows you to create an aura (usually an image or text) that tracks something, whether it be trinket procs, cooldowns, debuffs, whatever. Given that you can customize the aura as to where and how big it is, WA helps put that thing you are tracking in a good place in your screen where it's easy to see without being obstructive.

Thank you both! So I would be able to set this up to track Feral Druid cooldowns and buffs/bleeds? Such as Savage Roar, Rip, Rake, etc?

Edited by Lyu

Thank you both! So I would be able to set this up to track Feral Druid cooldowns and buffs/bleeds? Such as Savage Roar, Rip, Rake, etc?

Short answer is yes.

Long answer now that I'm not in the middle of a heroes of the storm match:

Sc9744H.png

^Here is an example of my 'Cooldown bar' for Restoration. At the bare minimum you can make simple icons for what ever you want to track

Here is a more complicated on for Balance that I got from MMO champion. (Notice the progress bar on the top for my 2 dots_

dLSlX2e.png

Is it difficult to make your own or would I be better off finding one that someone else has made? I'm looking for something small and non-intrusive.

Is it difficult to make your own or would I be better off finding one that someone else has made? I'm looking for something small and non-intrusive.

Well, you can check my WA guide - I tried to make the things as simple as possible, and our auras thread. It is shaman specific mostly but you'll be able to get an impression what kind of stuff (not complicated and without coding skills) people are doing. You can decide after how it's the best for you to continue. 

• Like 1