Arms Warrior Level 58 Boost Guide
This guide was designed to help new and returning Arms Warriors with getting up to speed on how their class plays at Level 58 with the TBC talents and spells.
It is also an excellent first-read for players using the new TBCC Dark Portal Boost!
In The Burning Crusade Classic, Blizzard has added a feature where you can boost a character instantly to level 58. This guide aims to help you learn the basics of playing a Arms Warrior, since the greatly-expedited leveling process can leave you feeling a bit confused.
Arms is the recommended leveling spec for a boosted Warrior, as the gear granted is rather lacking and Arms has a strong base kit.
This spec will be focused purely on leveling through questing. We grab all of the key talents and some very nice utility talents that the Arms tree offers in Burning Crusade.
Make sure to change the talent points from Swords to whichever weapon you are currently using.
Warriors use Rage as their primary resource. Rage is generated by damage dealt by auto attacks and most damage taken. Rage is required to use most of your abilities. Rage has a cap of 100, and any Rage gained beyond that is essentially wasted; make sure to use it before you are at 100.
In this section we will try to break down the basic abilities that you will want to focus on using. They will be separated into different sections, based on their uses, such as offense or defense.
Warriors have different combat stances, essentially dictating the style of fighting they want to pursue. Some abilities can only be used in certain stances, making it important to understand each stance's purpose. Every time that you change stances, you will retain up to 10 Rage and lose all the rest of your Rage, so make sure that you use as much Rage as possible before changing your stance.
- Battle Stance — This is your main stance for solo game play. This is a well-balanced stance that allows you access to all of the abilities you need when leveling.
- Defensive Stance — Reduces damage dealt and damage taken by 10%, as well as increasing your threat generated by 30%. Use this when you are tanking for a group.
- Berserker Stance — Increases your chance to crit by 3%, as well as your damage taken by 10%. Use this only when you want to use the specific abilities that require this stance, as the increased damage taken is not worth the increased Critical Strike chance.
- Charge is how you get into combat quickly. It requires Battle Stance.
- Mortal Strike is your main damaging ability.
- Overpower should be used if you ever have one of your attacks dodged while in Battle Stance.
- Whirlwind should only be used when fighting multiple mobs or if you have very high Rage. It requires Berserker Stance.
- Execute should be used to finish off any low health mobs.
- Heroic Strike should be used to dump excess Rage if you are close to the cap.
- Cleave should be used to dump excess Rage if you are close to the cap and fighting multiple mobs.
- Battle Shout increases melee attack power of all nearby allies. Make sure to keep this buff up.
- Demoralizing Shout reduces nearby enemies' Physical melee damage dealt.
- Thunder Clap reduces nearby enemies' attack speed.
- Disarm removes the main hand weapon of an enemy, greatly reducing the damage they deal. Requires Defensive Stance.
- Bloodrage trades some health for Rage. Try to use this whenever you safely can.
- Pummel interrupts an enemy's spell cast.
- Hamstring can be used to slow a mob to prevent it from escaping or to run away yourself.
- Intercept allows you to charge an enemy in combat.
- Berserker Rage makes you immune to and removes all Fear and incapacitating effects. It requires Berserker Stance.
- Intimidating Shout fears up to 5 nearby enemies.
- Death Wish is a great damage cooldown. It increases your damage taken by a small amount.
- Shield Wall greatly reduces all damage taken for 10 seconds. It requires a shield and Defensive Stance to activate.
- Retaliation causes you to retaliate and counter attack each time you are attacked. This spell is good when you pull a ton of mobs, but is rarely used outside of leveling. It requires Battle Stance to activate.
- Recklessness grants you 100% Critical Strike Chance on your attacks, but increases your damage taken by 20%. It is good for pushing out a ton of burst damage, and requires Berserker Stance.
- Hit Chance
- Strength/Attack Power
- Critical Strike Chance
- 17 May 2021: Guide added.
- Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming
- Free Character Transfers in Wrath Classic: March 3rd
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: March 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 16th
- Season of Mastery Realms Closing This Week, Transfers Open
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 9th