Warrior Class Overview
Warriors are melee fighters, heavily trained in the art of combat. They rely on their strength and incredible toughness to guide them through the thick of battle. Warriors are less flexible than other classes, but are tougher and capable of dealing devastating damage to their enemies much more quickly.
Seasoned veterans of battle, Warriors are capable of wielding any weapon and equipping any armor. A well equipped Warrior is an unstoppable force on the battlefront.
Races For Warriors
In Burning Crusade, Warriors can be all races for Alliance, and all races except for the new Blood Elves for the Horde.
Are Warriors that bad in TBC?
While it is often said that Warrior is a bad class in the Burning Crusade, this is not exactly the case. Warrior is still a strong tank and has multiple different viable DPS specs. A well-played Warrior will outshine any poorly played "meta" class.
Are Warrior tanks still good in TBC??
Warrior tanks remain a solid tank choice throughout all of the Burning Crusade. Many of the boss mechanics are designed around having a Warrior main tank and require the Warrior's abilities to complete the fight. A well-played Warrior tank will outshine any other tank played sub-optimally.
Can you Fury tank in TBC?
For the most part, no. You might be able to for some of the content, such as early-level dungeons, or some easy trash/bosses in raids; but for the most part you will be far too frail to tank the majority of the hard-hitting content found in the Burning Crusade.
Are Fury Warriors bad in TBC??
Fury Warrior is not bad to the extent that it should never be seen in raids. The main thing with Fury is that it does not really change from Classic WoW. While other classes get new spells and talents that vastly improve their playstyle, Fury receives very little from TBC. Add onto that all the things getting nerfed from Classic WoW that fuel Fury Warriors' damage (world buffs, stacking elixirs/flasks, Rage generation, attack table changes), and it makes Fury a less desirable spec. Later on when Fury has access to strong gear, especially gear with Armor Penetration, it starts to shine as a cleave based DPS.
Warriors are able to choose from 3 specializations: Arms, Fury, and Protection.
- Arms focuses on dealing damage with Two-Handed weapons. It has the option to use multiple different weapon types and brings a debuff that increases the raid's Physical damage dealt. This is also the standard PvP spec.
- Fury focuses purely on damage, using two One-Handed weapons.
- Protection focuses on survivability and threat generation as a tank.
Gearing a Warrior
Warriors are able to wear Cloth, Leather, and Mail armor by default, and are able to wear Plate after reaching level 40. It is very common for DPS Warriors to wear Leather and Mail gear that has high stats.
Warriors are able to equip all weapons in the game aside from Wands. This allows many different gearing options and helps you get your racial bonuses, if you have any, for specific weapon types.
All major Alliances cities have a Warrior trainer in them. All major Horde cities except for Silvermoon City have a Warrior trainer available in them. Simply talk with a guard in any major city and ask for the Warrior trainer.
Warrior Guides for TBC Classic
If the rest of the page caught your attention, make sure to check out our in-depth guides for leveling a Warrior and how to master each specialization in the links below!
- Warrior Leveling Guide
- Arms Warrior Leveling Guide
- Arms Warrior Level 58 Guide
- Fury Warrior Leveling Guide
- Fury Warrior Level 58 Boost Guide
- Protection Warrior Leveling Guide
- Protection Warrior Level 58 Boost Guide
Beyond leveling or trying out your boosted character, you may also be interested in our full guides for Level 70 Warriors as you explore all that TBC Classic has to offer:
- Arms Warrior Guide for PvE
- Fury Warrior Guide for PvE
- Protection Warrior Guide for PvE
- Warrior Guide for PvP
- 10 Aug. 2021: Added link to PvP Hub.
- 06 Jun. 2021: Added links to general specialization guides.
- 18 May 2021: Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2022 Financial Results
- EU Season of Mastery To Wrath Classic or Classic Era Transfers Now Live
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: November 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 25th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 20th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 19th