Arms Warrior Leveling Guide From 1 to 80 for WotLK Classic
Arms Warrior Level-by-Level Rotation, Talents, and Trainer Skills
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Arms Warrior Leveling Talents in Wrath of the Lich King
Your first talent unlocks at Level 10.
- Levels 10 & 11 — 2 points in Improved Rend.
- Levels 12 to 14 — 3 points in Improved Thunder Clap.
- Levels 15 to 17 — 3 points in Improved Heroic Strike.
- Levels 18 & 19 — 2 points in Improved Charge.
Improved Rend is great as you will use Rend on every enemy you fight. Next you will want to get Improved Thunder Clap as Thunder Clap deals great damage in early levels and you have no other real abilities. Improved Charge is a great leveling talent as it gives you a nice burst of extra Rage at the start of every combat.
- Levels 20 to 22 — 3 points in Deflection.
- Levels 23 & 24 — 2 points in Improved Overpower.
- Level 25 — Be sure to respec now.
- Level 25 — 1 point in Anger Management.
- Level 25 — 2 points in Impale.
- Levels 25 to 27 — 3 points in Taste for Blood.
- Levels 28 & 29 — 2 points in Two-Handed Weapon Specialization.
Improved Overpower is a great damage boost as you will be using Overpower constantly with this spec. Anger Management is a great source of Rage during combat, helping you use your abilities sooner. At Level 25, be sure to respec if you took Improved Thunder Clap earlier as Taste for Blood is the main talent you want as an Arms Warrior. Finally, you will put only 2 points in Two-Handed Weapon Specialization, but you will get the last point soon.
- Level 30 — 1 point in Sweeping Strikes.
- Level 31 — 1 point in Two-Handed Weapon Specialization.
- Levels 32 to 34 — 3 points in Deep Wounds.
- Levels 35 & 36 — 2 points in Weapon Mastery.
- Levels 37 & 38 — 2 points in Trauma.
- Level 39 — 1 point in Poleaxe Specialization.
Sweeping Strikes is a great cooldown when you can pull multiple mobs at a time easily. Deep Wounds is a decent damage increase, especially with Improved Overpower making your Overpower likely to crit. Weapon Mastery is great to help you land more attacks and reduce the duration of any disarms used against you. Trauma goes hand-in-hand with Deep Wounds and Rend, being huge boost to your damage when you crit. Lastly, you will put only 1 point for now in any of the weapon specializations, with Poleaxe Specialization being the preferred choice.
- Levels 40 & 41 — 2 points in Improved Slam.
- Level 42 — 1 point in Mortal Strike.
- Levels 43 & 44 — 2 points in Strength of Arms.
- Levels 45 & 46 — 2 points in Unrelenting Assault.
- Levels 47 to 49 — 3 points in Poleaxe Specialization.
This is where your leveling speed will really start to speed up. Improved Slam is a massive increase to your damage output, making Slam an amazing, low-Rage damage skill. Mortal Strike is a great new addition to your toolkit, giving you a good Rage dump. Unrelenting Assault removes the cooldown from Overpower and boosts the damage. Finally, you will put 3 more points into whichever weapon specialization you picked previously.
- Level 50 — 1 point in Endless Rage.
- Levels 51 & 52 — 2 points in Blood Frenzy.
- Levels 53 — 1 point in Poleaxe Specialization.
- Levels 54 — 1 point in Sudden Death.
- Levels 55 to 59 — 5 points in Wrecking Crew.
- Level 60 — 1 point in Bladestorm.
- Levels 61 to 63 — 3 points in Armored to the Teeth.
- Levels 64 to 68 — 5 points in Cruelty.
- Levels 69 & 70 — 2 points in Sudden Death.
Bladestorm is an extremely powerful cooldown, tearing through nearby enemies. Both Armored to the Teeth and Cruelty are great passive stat boosts. Finally, you will finish off Sudden Death, giving you even more Execute procs.
- Levels 71 & 72 — 2 points in Second Wind.
- Levels 73 & 74 — 2 points in Improved Bloodrage.
- Levels 75 to 77 — 3 points in Improved Thunder Clap.
- Levels 78 to 80 — 3 points in Incite.
These last few talent points are fairly minor and do not greatly impact your leveling speed. Second Wind is great for health and Rage if you are fighting mobs that stun. Improved Bloodrage, Improved Thunder Clap and Incite are mostly filler points but are great whenever you are AoEing multiple mobs at once.
Arms Warrior Leveling Glyphs in Wrath of the Lich King
Your leveling glyphs will differ from your endgame glyphs. Glyphs can be a huge boost to your leveling speed as some greatly improve the baseline power of your key abilities. Be sure to check the price of these glyphs on your server to vastly improve your leveling experience.
Arms Warrior Leveling Rotation in Wrath of the Lich King
- Keep Battle Shout's buff up.
- Heroic Strike all Rage.
- Bloodrage to prevent your Rage from decaying between mobs.
- Charge your enemy.
- Rend anything that will live for most of the bleed duration.
- Heroic Strike the rest of your Rage.
- Overpower if any of your attacks are dodged.
- Overpower if any of your attacks are dodged or Taste for Blood procs.
- make sure to use Victory Rush before the proc expires.
- Thunder Clap does great damage early on and starts to fall off in the later levels.
- Slam whenever you are not moving.
- Execute any low-health enemies.
- Execute any low-health enemies or if Sudden Death procs.
- Mortal Strike whenever you have high Rage or are moving.
- Thunder Clap with extra Rage or if fighting multiple enemies.
- Heroic Strike only if you have a large surplus of Rage.
Early levels on Warrior are fairly basic, only having a few abilities to use. Always maintain your Battle Shout buff, and at Level 4, keep Rend applied to enemies. At Level 6 you will get Thunder Clap, which is a very high damage spell early on, as well as Victory Rush, which deals great damage if you got the killing blow on your last target. At Level 12 be sure to learn Overpower as this is a core part of your leveling rotation. For now, use Overpower if any of your attacks are dodged.
At Level 24 you get Execute, helping you finish of enemies at low health. At Level 25, you will start getting talent points in Taste for Blood, giving your Rend a chance to allow you to use Overpower without one of your attacks being dodged. Use these procs as soon as possible; do not let them go to waste. At Level 30 you get Sweeping Strikes from talents, which is great when fighting multiple enemies at once.
At Level 41 you will have Improved Slam, turning Slam into a great damage ability. With the low cast time and only costing 15 Rage, Slam greatly improves your leveling speed. At 42, you also add Mortal Strike to your spells. While it does slightly more damage than Slam, it costs 30 Rage instead of 15, making it very hard to use.
At Level 54 you will start getting Sudden Death, allowing you to use Execute regardless of the enemy's health. Finally, Level 60 unlocks Bladestorm, the Arms Warrior special ability. This spell is amazing for both single-target and AoE, and typically when it is off cooldown you will want to pull multiple enemies at once and combo Sweeping Strikes together with Bladestorm to decimate everything nearby.
List of Arms Warrior Trainer Skills to Buy
Training spells can be rather expensive, especially if you try to learn every spell available to you. Here we will give you a list of your top-priority spells that you will want to train so you know which ones you can avoid and save some money.
- Be sure to keep these spells at max rank — Battle Shout, Rend, Thunder Clap, Execute, Slam, Mortal Strike.
- Heroic Strike & Cleave — Both of these skills get very minor damage increases with each rank. You can hold off on training these skills if you are low on gold.
- Charge — The only benefit of increasing the rank of this spell is the increased Rage it generates. Only train this when you have excess gold as the few extra Rage points are generally not game changing.
- These spells only have 1 rank and should be trained as soon as possible — Victory Rush, Hamstring, Bloodrage, Overpower, Disarm, Retaliation, Intimidating Shout, Berserker Rage, Pummel, Recklessness, Shattering Throw, Enraged Regeneration.
- Save your gold instead of training these spells — Shield Bash, Demoralizing Shout, Revenge, Mocking Blow, Shield Block, Challenging Shout, Shield Wall, Whirlwind, Shield Slam, Spell Reflection, Commanding Shout, Intervene.
Continue Improving at Level 80
Congratulations on hitting Level 80 in Wrath of the Lich King! Now that your leveling process is over, you can learn more about Level-80 Arms Warrior gameplay by reading our Arms Warrior Guide, which covers everything you need to know to properly play your Arms Warrior.
- 06 Sep. 2022: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer