Balance Druid Leveling Guide From 1 to 80 for WotLK Classic
Level by Level Rotation, Talents, and Trainer Skills
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Leveling Talent Tree & Build
Your first talent unlocks at Level 10.
The overall objective of the tree is to improve your damage-over-time effects with efficient talents (hence mostly no Genesis) in order to allow you to pull multiple enemies at once with Moonfire and Insect Swarm and just run around, with help from Brambles, Typhoon, and Force of Nature until they die.
Finally, once you unlock Starfall the efficiency of pulling many enemies at once increases a lot, as it will be able to kill most enemies quickly and allow you to do much larger pulls without dying.
In Wrath you will be able to unlock Glyphs that improve your abilities at the following levels:
- Level 15 unlocks your first Major and Minor Glyphs;
- Level 30 unlocks your second Major Glyph;
- Level 50 unlocks your second Minor Glyph;
- Level 70 unlocks your third Minor Glyph;
- Level 80 unlocks your third Major Glyph.
As a Balance Druid you will want to be using Glyph of Moonfire and Glyph of Insect Swarm early on, with Moonfire being swapped to Glyph of Starfall once you unlock Starfall at Level 60. The final major glyph is only unlocked at Level 80, at which point you should swap to an end-game build.
- Make sure Mark of the Wild is active on you and any party members at all times.
- Make sure Mark of the Wild and Thorns are active on you and any party members at all times.
- Be in Moonkin Form and keep Mark of the Wild and Thorns on yourself and any party members at all times.
- Be in Moonkin Form and keep Mark of the Wild and Thorns active on yourself and any party members at all times.
- Use Moonfire and Wrath to level up until you get Starfire at Level 20.
- Use Moonfire and Starfire to level up until you get Insect Swarm at Level 30.
- Use Moonfire, Insect Swarm and Starfire to level up until you get Hurricane at Level 40.
- With Moonkin Form and Hurricane you can now occasionally pull multiple enemies with Moonfire and Insect Swarm and use Barkskin plus Hurricane until they are dead. For smaller pulls, keep using Starfire after dots are up on the targets.
- Starfall will ensure quick death for any non-elite enemies you are in combat with, and you should try to always pull as many as you can when its cooldown is up. Outside of Starfall bursts, use Barkskin alongside Hurricane to kill multiple enemies and Starfire plus dots against single targets.
List of Trainer Skills to Buy
Buying everything is, essentially, the way to go, as spell costs are quite low and all of them have uses, even if small ones.
If you are doing a completely new character and want to save as much gold as you can for your mounts, you can opt to buy only the recommended skills for the rotation in the section above.
Balance Druid Macros and Addons
By setting yourself up with an upgraded user interface and macros from the get-go, you will make your leveling process much easier. Check out our Balance Druid Macros and Addons guides in the links below for the full list.
Balance Druid Quests and Weapons
When leveling, stay alert for weapon upgrades you might encounter, as these will improve your experience significantly. You will also need to complete various class quests in order to be able to use your animal forms.
These quests can be different for Horde and Alliance Druids, and the early quests also have differences between Horde races. To help you with both weapons and quests, we have made two dedicated guides:
Playing a Balance Druid beyond Level 80
Once you reach maximum level, we recommend you dive into our Balance Druid Guide, which covers everything you need to know about playing Balance in the end game.
We especially recommend reading through these pages:
- Our Balance Druid Talent builds guide contains the PvE-oriented builds for Balance Druids;
- The Balance Druid Rotation guide contains details on how to perform your rotation optimally in raids;
- Browse the Balance Druid Stats guide to learn about your stat priority as an Balance Druid and how they contribute to your performance at maximum level;
- The Gear guide for Balance Druids contains the best gear pieces to look for at Level 80 in order to maximize your damage.
- 31 Aug. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer