Arcane Mage Leveling Guide From 1 to 80 for WotLK Classic
Discover the Arcane arts and their hidden powers in this leveling guide! While other leveling specs, such as Frost Single-Target Leveling, Frost AoE Leveling, and Fire Leveling enjoy more popularity, in WotLK the Arcane leveling is more appealing due to talent tree changes. This guide is tailored directly towards solo leveling and gives hints where you can change talents when you are group leveling.
Arcane Mage Level-by-Level Rotation, Talents, and Trainer Skills
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Talent Tree for Leveling as Arcane Mage
From Level 10 on you get one talent point per level, which you can use to build your talent tree. The talent menu can be accessed via the default keybind "N" in game.
Your talents should look like the trees below. However, for the Arcane tree you can swap some points around based on personal preference. The suggested order is optimized for Mana efficiency and damage.
- Levels 10 to 12 — 3 points in Arcane Stability
- Levels 13 to 15 — 3 points in Arcane Focus
- Levels 16 & 17 — 2 points in Arcane Stability
- Levels 18 & 19 — 2 points in Arcane Concentration
Arcane Stability is one of the strongest Arcane talents and available right at the start. It reduces Arcane Missiles' chance to suffer spell pushback from any attack by 20% per talent point. After spending 5 talent points, this means that no ranged, melee or spell attack can cause spell pushback while channeling Arcane Missiles. However, Arcane Missiles can still be interrupted by abilities like Silence, Kick, Earth Shock, or simply by stun effects. This talent also affects Arcane Blast, which you can learn at Level 64. Keep an eye out for Rogue, Mage, Shaman, or Warrior-type NPCs, as some of these possess such interrupting abilities.
With three talent points in Arcane Focus, you will have a higher chance to hit targets one or two levels above you, which is very useful for leveling. Arcane Concentration gives you a chance of entering the Clearcasting state, thus having a lower average Mana consumption and later-on even more critical strike chance through the Arcane Potency talent.
- Levels 20 to 22 — 3 points in Arcane Concentration
- Levels 23 & 24 — 2 points in Magic Attunement
- Levels 25 to 27 — 3 points in Arcane Meditation
- Levels 28 & 29 — 2 points in Torment the Weak
For incredible Mana efficiency, and later on for more damage from the Arcane Potency talent, you continue putting more talent points into Arcane Concentration. The range increase on all Arcane Spells but Arcane Explosion and Blink makes Magic Attunement a strong new talent, because mobs you target take longer to reach and hit you, if you attack them from further away. The Mana efficiency of Arcane gets even better with the Arcane Meditation talent, which lets 50% of your Mana regeneration continue during combat. Later on at Level 34, this 100% Mana regeneration in combat with Mage Armor, making Intellect and Spirit more valuable for leveling. It has to be noted though, that this effect only works while casting and not while traveling. Nevertheless, this it is still a great talent, as you will only ever struggle with Mana when fighting and not while traveling. Two points in Torment the Weak increase your damage with your main spells Arcane Missiles and later on also Arcane Blast by 4% per point, if they are slowed. At this level you still play with Frost Armor and your foes will be slowed when they hit you. If you pull with Frostbolt, mobs are also slowed. It has to be noted that if you want to do group content, spending 2 points into Arcane Subtlety and no points into Magic Attunement is a wise decision, as the threat reduction from Arcane Subtlety makes it a lot easier for your tank to hold aggro.
- Level 30 — 1 point in Presence of Mind
- Level 31 — 1 point in Torment the Weak
- Level 32 to 34 — 3 points in Arcane Mind
- Levels 35 & 36 — 2 points in Arcane Potency
- Levels 37 to 39 — 3 points in Arcane Instability
At Level 30, Presence of Mind will become available, which makes your next spell with a cast time less than 10 seconds an instant spell. You can use this while traveling to cast Conjure Water or Conjure Food, instantly sheep an enemy while running away, or simply make any damage spell an instant cast such as Frostbolt for slowing enemies. Portal spells are not affected by this. At lLvel 31, you finish Torment the Weak so it provides you with 12% damage to slowed targets instead of 8%.
Arcane Mind increases your Intellect by 3% per talent point up to a total of 9%. It has to be noted that if you want to do group content, spending 2 points into Arcane Subtlety and only two points into Arcane Mind is a wise decision, as the threat reduction from Arcane Subtlety makes it a lot easier for your tank to hold aggro. With Arcane Potency, each time you get the clearcasting effect from Arcane Concentration or Presence of Mind, you will have an increased Critical Strike chance of 30% for your next spell cast while clearcasting is active. Arcane Instability will give 3% more damage and a 3% higher crit chance and is also a prerequisite to your Level 40 cooldown talent Arcane Power.
- Level 40 — 1 points in Arcane Power
- Level 41 to 43 — 3 points in Arcane Empowerment
- Level 44 — 1 point in Arcane Mind
- Level 45 & 46 — 2 points in Arcane Flows
- Levels 47 to 49 — 3 points in Mind Mastery
At Level 40, Arcane Power, the big cooldown ability of the Arcane tree becomes available. When used, it allows you to deal 20% more damage for 15 seconds, but your spells cost 20% more Mana. This is particularly useful when you need to kill a strong enemy or many enemies in a short amount of time and can also be used in conjunction with Arcane Explosion to finish off enemies quickly. The Arcane Empowerment talent significantly buffs the Spell Power contribution to Arcane Missiles, making gear with Spell Power almost 50% stronger for Arcane Missiles. As if this was not enough already, the talent also provides 3% more damage for you and your party. The talent Arcane Flows reduces the cooldown of several Arcane cooldowns by 30%, but most importantly it makes your 4-minute Evocation a 2-minute ability. Together with Glyph of Evocation, this talent tremendously decreases your downtimes, as Evocation will now restore 60% of your health and Mana on a 2-minute cooldown. Mind Mastery is one of the strongest Arcane leveling talents, turning 15% of your Intellect into Spell Damage. Together with Arcane Mind, each point of Intellect gives you Spell Power, making Intellect a more valuable stat from now on.
- Levels 50 & 51 — 2 points in Mind Mastery
- Level 52 — 1 point in Arcane Mind
- Level 53 & 54 — 2 points in Missile Barrage
- Levels 55 & 56 — 2 points in Spell Power
- Levels 57 to 59 — 3 points in Netherwind Presence
A total of three points go into the Mind Mastery and Arcane Mind talents, increasing their efficiency. Two more points are spent on Missile Barrage. At this point this talent is rather useless, but the two points serve as preparation for buffing Arcane Blast at Level 64 and Arcane Barrage at Level 60, and we need points to be able to skill Spell Power and Netherwind Presence. The Talent Spell Power increases your Critical Strike damage from 150% to 175%, which goes hand in hand with the Clearcasting effects from Arcane Concentration, Presence of Mind, and Glyph of Arcane Missiles. Netherwind Presence gives you 6% more Haste, which basically increases your damage by 6%. Please note that Slow is not a good talent to choose, because it puts mobs into combat with you, so you lose a global cooldown where you cannot damage. If you pull with Frostbolt instead, you also get the slow for Torment the Weak or you simply pull with Arcane Missiles and benefit from the Ice Armor slow.
- Level 60 — 1 point in Arcane Barrage
- Levels 61 to 63 — 3 points in Missile Barrage
- Levels 64 to 66 — 3 points in Spell Impact
- Levels 66 to 69 — 3 points in Ice Floes
The Level 60 talent Arcane Barrage gives you access to the instant-cast ability with the same name. It shoots a bolt at your target that deals a decent amount of damage and has a 3-second cooldown. This spell is good for finishing off enemies or to use while running. A good rotation is Arcane Barrage, Fire Blast, Arcane Barrage. The 3 points in Missile Barrage give your freshly-learned Arcane Blast and Arcane Barrage spells a chance to halve the cast time of your Arcane Missiles and make them cost no Mana. Needless to say, this is an extremely potent talent that will significantly accelerate your leveling speed. Finally, it is also time to complete the talent Spell Impact that increases the damage of your new main spell Arcane Blast by 6%. For leveling, Ice Floes in the Frost talent tree is not just a filler talent, as it decreases the cooldown of Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, Ice Block, and Icy Veins by 20%. All those spells can be integrated in your leveling and will be needed from time to time.
- Level 70 & 71 — 2 points in Improved Frostbolt
- Levels 72 to 74 — 3 points in Precision
- Levels 75 & 76 — 2 points in Ice Shards
- Levels 77 — 1 point in Icy Veins
- Level 78 — 1 point in Ice Shards
- Levels 79 & 80 — 2 points in Arcane Subtlety
The two points in Improved Frostbolt and Ice Shards are mostly filler talents to reach Icy Veins faster. Precision, however, is a really good talent that hit-caps your Arcane spells against targets up to two levels above you. Icy Veins is a cooldown that can used in conjunction with Arcane Power or separately, if you wish. It increases your cast speed by 20% and makes you immune to spell pushback for 20 seconds. The final three talent points go into Ice Shards and Arcane Subtlety to further improve the Critical Strike damage of Frostbolt and to reduce your threat from Arcane Spells. By now you should be in a few Dungeon groups to already farm your pre-raid gear. There, Arcane Subtlety makes sense, but the two points can also be used for the Frost Warding talent if you prefer solo play.
In Wrath you will be able to unlock Glyphs that improve your abilities at the following levels:
- Level 15 unlocks your first Major and Minor Glyphs;
- Level 30 unlocks your second Major Glyph;
- Level 50 unlocks your second Minor Glyph;
- Level 70 unlocks your third Minor Glyph;
- Level 80 unlocks your third Major Glyph.
Rotation for leveling up as a Arcane Mage
- Cast Arcane Intellect and Frost Armor if you are missing their buffs.
- Cast Arcane Intellect and Frost Armor if you are missing their buffs. Use Mana Shield in any situation where you could die.
- Cast Arcane Intellect and Ice Armor if you are missing their buffs. Use Mana Shield in any situation where you could die.
- Cast Arcane Intellect and Mage Armor if you are missing their buffs. You can also benefit from Frost Armor/Ice Armor and Torment the Weak if you feel your Mana regeneration is good enough without Mage Armor. Use Mana Shield in any situation where you could die.
- Cast Arcane Intellect and Molten Armor if you are missing their buffs. If you feel that your Mana regeneration is lacking, use Mage Armor instead. Another option is to use Ice Armor and benefit from Torment the Weak once a mob hits you, crit/Mana regeneration is good enough without Molten Armor/Mage Armor. Use Mana Shield in any situation where you could die.
- Cast Fireball as your main attack.
- Cast Frostbolt as your main attack.
- Always use a Wand and your Shoot ability. From Level 5 on, you can use Lesser Magic Wand and quest zones gradually offer you upgrades on your Wand.
- Cast Fireball as your main attack.
- It is recommended to open with Frostbolt and then go into Arcane Missiles, as upon channeling Arcane missiles the enemy will immediately start running toward you. Therefore you will keep learning Frostbolt as an opener and to have a spell available to cast when you get locked out on the Arcane spell school.
- It is recommended to open with Frostbolt and then go into Arcane Missiles, as upon channeling Arcane missiles the enemy will immediately start running toward you. Therefore you will keep learning Frostbolt as an opener and to have a spell available to cast when you get locked out on the Arcane spell school. The Torment the Weak talent works with Frost Armor and Ice Armor when mobs hit you and get slowed, so from now on you can also skip the Frostbolt if you want to use Frost/Ice armor over Mage Armor.
- It is recommended to open with Frostbolt if you want to benefit from Torment the Weak and then go into Arcane Blast. If you get a Missile Barrage proc, or after casting 5 Arcane Blasts in a row without a proc, finish your next Arcane Blast and cast Arcane Missiles. You will keep learning Frostbolt as an opener and to have a spell available to cast when you get locked out on the Arcane spell school. Whenever you need to kill strong enemies with a large hitpoint pool, cast Arcane Blast and benefit from Missile Barrage. The Torment the Weak talent works with Ice Armor when mobs hit you and get slowed, so from now on you can also skip the Frostbolt if you want to use Ice Armor over Molten Armor/Mage Armor.
- Arcane Barrage can be used while moving and to trigger Missile Barrage.
Mana Shield, can be kept up during battle in order to minimize health lost. However, Mana Shield also takes Mana from you, so you might have to spend more time drinking. Generally it is recommended to use Mana Shield only as an emergency tool for survival or if you notice that you spend more time regenerating Health than regenerating Mana. Further, Evocation should be used on cooldown, together with Glyph of Evocation, to restore 60% of your health and Mana every 4 minutes. By Level 46, you will have specced into Arcane Flows and will be able to use this ability every 2 minutes.
Another great emergency tool for restoring Mana is Conjure Mana Gem. These gems can be used while leveling and can make the difference between killing a mob or a 2-minutes corpse run.
Utility skills, such as Frost Nova, should be used to keep enemies away from you or to freeze and finish them off.
You can make your own food and water with Conjure Food and Conjure Water. These spells should definitely be learned, as water and food from vendors will cost you far more gold than these spells do. Sometimes other players even want to buy conjured water and you can gain a little extra gold. Conjured items disappear after 15 minutes of being logged out.
You can make your own food and water with Conjure Refreshment. This spell should definitely be learned, as water and food from vendors will cost you far more gold than this spell does. Sometimes other players even want to buy conjured water and you can gain a little extra gold. Conjured items disappear after 15 minutes of being logged out.
Even though this is an Arcane guide, from Level 70 on solo Dungeon leveling with a Living Bomb Fire build becomes a very, if not the most viable leveling strategy for Mages. In addition, consider taking a look at the AoE leveling locations in the Frost Mage AoE Leveling Guide (make sure to set the slider to Level 70 so you see the leveling locations there). Most AoE farming cannot or can only hardly be pulled off with Arcane specs. If you want to AoE level from this point on, now is the best time to respec into Fire.
Summary of Trainer Skills for Arcane Mage
- At Level 1, buy Arcane Intellect as soon as you can afford it. It provides a significant boost to your Intellect which lasts for 30 minutes.
- At Level 4, buy Conjure Water and Frostbolt. Conjure Water creates free water you can use while leveling and to sell to others. Frostbolt deals strong single-target damage and slows the target by 40%.
- At Level 6, buy Conjure Food and Fire Blast. Conjure Food creates free food you can use while leveling and to sell to others while Fire Blast is usually used as a finisher or to deal damage while moving.
- Also buy Fireball at level 6, as it does more damage than a Frostbolt without talents.
- At Level 8, buy Polymorph, Arcane Missiles, and Frostbolt. Polymorph Rank 1 allows you to take one humanoid or beast enemy out of combat for 20 seconds, which is very useful for looting quest items guarded by a single enemy or when dealing with several enemies. Only one enemy at a time can be Polymorphed and, in WotLK, crowd control effects can break at any time with an increasingly-higher chance to break toward the end of the effect. Arcane Missiles is your main nuke as they do not suffer from cast time pushback.
- At Level 10, buy Conjure Water, Frost Armor, and Frost Nova. Frost Nova freezes nearby enemies for 8 seconds, allowing you to regain distance on them before re-engaging. In these low levels, the damage component of Frost Nova can also be used to finish one enemy off and freeze another enemy to engage him with Arcane Missiles if you are fighting multiple enemies.
- At Level 12, buy Dampen Magic, Conjure Food, and Slow Fall. Slow Fall slows your falling speed at the cost of a Light Feather. With Glyph of Slow Fall the feather requirement is gone. This spell comes in handy to avoid fall damage and enable shortcuts that would otherwise lead to death.
- At Level 14, buy Arcane Explosion, Arcane Intellect, and Frostbolt. Arcane Explosion is your main AoE spell with the single-target spec. It is an instant-cast ability and can also be used to finish off low-health enemies. It has a high Mana cost but lower threat than the Fire AoE spells you will encounter later.
- At Level 15, buy Glyph of Arcane Missiles and choose between Glyph of Arcane Intellect, Glyph of Frost Armor, and Glyph of Slow Fall.
- At Level 16, buy Arcane Missiles.
- At Level 18, buy Remove Curse. Remove Curse is a bit niche for leveling since you will only rarely get cursed. However, the ability of this spell to remove curses from yourself or friends is very valuable later on in the game and you will definitely use it.
- At Level 20, buy Blink, Frost Armor, Frostbolt, Conjure Water, Evocation, Polymorph, and Mana Shield. Further, buy Glyph of Evocation, as this one of the best glyphs available for leveling.
- At Level 20 in Wrath of the Lich King you can also buy your 60% mount.
- In Stormwind, Ironforge, Exodar (Alliance) and Orgrimmar, Undercity, Silvermoon (Horde) you can now buy the teleport spells for each city.
- Each Teleport spell requires you to use one Rune of Teleportation, which can be bought at any reagent vendor. You can find reagent vendors by clicking the magnifier button on the mini map and they will be automatically displayed there when you are close to one. The Teleport spells can save a lot of travel time and makes learning new spells from your Mage trainers very convenient. Evocation is another great spell you will never want to miss. It restores 60% of your total Mana within 8 seconds. Use this ability as often as you can, as this will also increase your leveling speed by not having to drink. With Glyph of Evocation this spell also restores 60% of your life. Blink is a utility spell that allows you to travel 20 yards instantly. Glyph of Blink increases the range to 25 yards, which can be very helpful for gaining distance. It removes rooting effects and most stuns from you; you can use it together with Frost Nova to get away from enemies and you can use it as a tactical spell in Dungeons to move out of AoE effects or to reposition yourself instead of walking to a new position for several seconds. Other applications of Blink are to skip enemies and to prevent death from falling. When falling down from somewhere, Blink can be used shortly before hitting the ground to avoid fall damage, but with Glyph of Slow Fall, you can also just Slow Fall without the need for a Light Feather. Mana Shield will absorb damage in dangerous situations. However, it costs Mana, so it is advised to be used only when needed as you will have to regenerate that Mana again.
- At Level 22, buy Arcane Explosion and Conjure Food.
- At Level 24, buy Arcane Missiles, Dampen Magic, and Counterspell. Counterspell instantly interrupts enemy casts and prevents spells of the interrupted school from being cast for 10 seconds. This ability has a 30-second cooldown and finds a variety of applications in PvP and PvE.
- At Level 26, buy Cone of Cold and Frostbolt. Cone of Cold slows enemies in front of you with a frontal cone. It can be used to deal damage to groups of enemies or finish them off. It can also be used defensively to flee from dangerous situations since it is instant-cast and slows enemies for 8 seconds. If you use it as a defensive ability, always use Rank 1 to save Mana. If you use it for AoE, make sure to buy the next ranks of this ability as well.
- At Level 28, buy Arcane Intellect, Mana Shield, and Conjure Mana Gem. This is the first out of six spells that create Mana Gems, which can be used in and out of combat to instantly restore Mana. These gems do not share a cooldown with Mana Potions, have a 2-minute cooldown, and are consumed on use. Except for the last ranks of this spell, these gems cost more Mana to make than they restore, so only use the first four ranks if really needed.
- At Level 30, buy Ice Armor, Ice Block, Arcane Explosion, Conjure Water, and Teleport: Darnassus (Alliance) or Teleport: Thunder Bluff (Horde) at the respective city's portal trainers. You now stop using Frost Armor and use the slightly-better Ice Armor instead. Ice Block is very useful if you get into hairy situations and can be used to remove debuffs on you, avoid any kind of damage, and to buy time when you are waiting for another cooldown or a healing spell to land on you in group content. This spell is very versatile and it is recommended to get a feeling of when to use it.
- At Level 32, buy Conjure Food, Arcane Missiles, and Frostbolt.
- At Level 34, buy Mage Armor. With Mage Armor, 30% of your Mana regeneration continues while casting. This may not sound like much, but it makes a significant difference for leveling speed. Further, it gives a small amount of magic resistance. At this point, should you get hit by Physical attacks, you have talents to compensate for the extra damage which allows you to use Mage Armor over Ice Armor.
- At Level 35 Portal: Theramore and Teleport: Theramore is available to learn for Alliance players in Theramore while Horde players can learn Portal: Stonard/ Teleport: Stonard in Stonard. The Stonard portal is useful later on to get to Karazhan fast.
- At Level 36, buy Dampen Magic and Mana Shield.
- At Level 38, buy Arcane Explosion, Conjure Mana Gem, and Frostbolt.
- At Level 40, buy Arcane Missiles, Conjure Water, Ice Armor, and Polymorph. At Level 40, you can also start to buy the portal spells for each major city, except for Darnassus and Thunder Bluff which become trainable at Level 50. Portals use a Rune of Portals from a reagent vendor and can be used by anyone in your group.
- At Level 40 in Wrath of the Lich King you can also buy your 100% mount.
- At Level 42, buy Arcane Intellect and Conjure Food.
- At Level 44, buy Mana Shield and Frostbolt.
- At Level 46, buy Mage Armor and Arcane Explosion.
- At Level 48, buy Arcane Missiles, Dampen Magic and Conjure Mana Gem.
- At Level 50, buy Frostbolt, Conjure Water, Ice Armor, and Portal: Darnassus (Alliance) or Portal: Thunder Bluff (Horde) at each respective city's portal trainers. Choose between Glyph of Arcane Intellect, Glyph of Frost Armor and Glyph of Slow Fall.
- At Level 52, buy Conjure Food and Mana Shield.
- At Level 54, buy Arcane Explosion.
- At Level 56, buy Frostbolt, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Intellect, and Arcane Brilliance. Arcane Brilliance buffs your whole group with Arcane Intellect for one hour and requires one charge of Arcane Powder from reagent vendors per cast.
- At Level 58, buy Conjure Mana Gem and Mage Armor.
- At Level 60, buy Conjure Food, Conjure Water, Frostbolt, Polymorph, Mana Shield, Arcane Missiles, Dampen Magic, Ice Armor, and Teleport: Shattrath in the middle of Shattrath (Alliance and Horde). In Outland you can buy Filtered Draenic Water at level 60 and Purified Draenic Water at Level 65, which are both better than the conjured Level 60 water. The Level 65 food Clefthoof Ribs is also better than the conjured Level 60 food.
- At Level 62, buy Molten Armor and Arcane Explosion. If you feel that you take too much damage and Mana is not a concern, Molten Armor is the new suggested Armor type. It adds crit chance based on your spirit and damages mobs when they hit you. It also decreases the chance to be critically hit with Physical melee attacks. If incoming damage is no problem and/or Mana is a problem, stick to Mage Armor. The Torment the Weak talent also makes Ice Armor an option, as the slow from this armor increases your Arcane Blast and Arcane Missiles damage by 12%. If you keep pulling mobs with Frostbolt, Ice Armor is not needed for the slow effect. At this point, you can decide which armor type you prefer, based on your own experience.
- At Level 63, buy Frostbolt and Arcane Missiles.
- At Level 64, buy Arcane Blast. This is your new main damage spell and used to proc Missile Barrage. Use this spell in conjunction with your Mana Shield, Frost Nova, and Arcane Power to finish off strong enemies fast. You can replace Glyph of Arcane Missiles with Glyph of Arcane Blast, but the difference for leveling is rather minor. Arcane Blast builds up a stacking debuff that stacks up to 4 times and increases the Mana cost of the spell and damage caused by Arcane spells. However, the Mana consumption of this spell with 4 stacks is so high, that we recommend use Missile Barrage Arcane Missiles after your next Arcane Blast. Cast a maximum of 6 Arcane Blasts if you get no Missile Barrage proc and cast Arcane Missiles or Arcane Barrage when to reset the Arcane Blast stacks. With Arcane Stability, Arcane Blast also receives pushback protection.
- At Level 65, buy Conjure Water, and Portal: Shattrath in the middle of Shattrath (Alliance and Horde).
- At Level 67, buy Dampen Magic.
- At Level 68, buy Invisibility, Mana Shield, and Conjure Mana Gem. Invisibility is a new spell that takes 3 seconds to make you invisible. During that time, you fade, which is useful in dungeon groups, as it reduces your threat against all targets each second until you finally become invisible and drop from the threat table. This spell can also be used to sneak by enemies and reach a quest spot earlier, or to flee and avoid death. The new Mana Emerald contains 3 charges and restores more Mana than it takes to conjure, so you can both use it like the old gems and also use it in between too for a net Mana regeneration.
- At Level 69, buy Mage Armor, Frostbolt, Arcane Missiles and Ice Armor.
- At Level 70, buy Arcane Intellect, Arcane Explosion, Spellsteal, Arcane Missiles, Frostbolt, Arcane Barrage, Arcane Brilliance, Conjure Food, and Conjure Water. Learning Rank 9 of Conjure Water and Rank 8 of Conjure Food is most important, because these two spells unlock Ritual of Refreshment at your trainer. Ritual of Refreshment uses two Arcane Powders per cast and summons a table which gives everyone who uses it up to 80 Conjured Mana Biscuits. Most Innkeepers now also offer you Pungent Seal Whey at Level 70 and Honeymint Tea at Level 75, which are both better than the conjured Level 70 water. Spellsteal steals one beneficial magic effect from your target, which you can benefit from for a maximum of two minutes. There are a few, but not too many good spells you can steal. Choose between Glyph of Arcane Intellect, Glyph of Frost Armor and Glyph of Slow Fall.
- At Level 71, buy Molten Armor, Mage Armor and Arcane Blast. Teleport: Dalaran becomes available from the Mage trainers in Dalaran.
- At Level 73, buy Mana Shield
- At Level 74, Portal: Dalaran becomes available from the Mage trainers in Dalaran.
- At Level 75, buy Conjure Refreshment, Arcane Missiles and Frostbolt.
- At Level 76, buy Arcane Blast, Dampen Magic and Arcane Explosion.
- At Level 77, buy Conjure Mana Gem.
- At Level 79, buy Molten Armor, Arcane Missiles, Frostbolt, Mage Armor, Ice Armor, and Mana Shield.
- At Level 80, buy Mirror Image, Arcane Blast, Arcane Intellect, Arcane Brilliance, Conjure Refreshment, Ritual of Refreshment, Arcane Barrage, and Arcane Explosion. Your third Major Glyph will be available at Level 80. If you plan to play PvE, check the talents guide in link below for more Glyph information.
Additional Arcane Mage Information After Reaching Level 80
After you reached level 80, there is still a lot to learn. Our Arcane Mage PvE Guide covers the most relevant and up-to-date information about your Arcane Mage spells, talents, rotation, gear, and much more.
- 22 Sep. 2022: Added level 70-80 top leveling strategies.
- 19 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer