Holy Paladin Pre-Patch Guide for WotLK Classic
The Pre-Patch period of Wrath of the Lich King Classic is a time to allow players to level or gear up characters while experiencing some of the class changes of the coming expansion before its official launch. Here you will find recommended talents, gear, and some rotation tips for a Holy Paladin when you can only reach a maximum level of 70.
Holy Paladin continues its niche as primarily a Tank healer in Wrath of the Lich King, but due to many talent changes and the addition of Beacon of Light Holy Paladin becomes a much stronger version of itself. This page will go over how to play your Holy Paladin, gear you should seek out during the pre-patch, how you should spend your talent points, and what consumables you should use if you are considering tackling some of the Burning Crusade raid content while waiting for Wrath to officially start!
There are many great talents in the Holy tree that will keep us mostly focused there as opposed to branching out to some smaller gains that can be found in the other two trees. This build is primarily focused on doing Maximum HPS and personal survivability.
Stat Priority for Holy Paladins
- Spell Crit;
- Spell Haste.
Holy Paladin in Wrath of the Lich King does the vast majority of its healing with one spell, Holy Light, and while you will mostly just be spamming this button there are some other abilities you have to keep in mind both to maximize your HPS and possibly save someone in a situation where Holy Light might not be a quick enough response.
- Holy Shock is an instant burst of healing that, while not particularly mana efficient, is a great way to save someone if you do not think you could realistically cast Holy Light or if you need to heal while moving.
- Flash of Light is a quicker, smaller heal than Holy Light and should be used when you do not think you have enough time to complete a Holy Light cast.
- Beacon of Light should be kept active at all times on a target that you are not actively healing but will be consistently taking damage, typically an off tank or, if you know you will have to heal someone other than the main tank, you can apply it to the main tank.
Listed below will be a list of some items that are very powerful and require a relatively low time investment to get to help you get a bit more powerful during the Wrath of the Lich King pre-patch as you prepare to head to Northrend and continue your journey through WoW classic. The list below is for the best possible gear you can get to prepare for the launch of Wrath.
Especially for newer players or if you are playing on one of the Fresh Servers, the gear listed below is not realistic to obtain for most players in only a month. If you want the most efficient start possible, we would highly recommend farming Honor in the pre-patch through battlegrounds. This will allow you to buy the full "Brutal" PvP set, which is close in power to gear from Sunwell Plateau. While not BiS, it is the closest you will get with the short time frame, and you are guaranteed to obtain it with enough farming.
|Blessed Book of Nagrand
|The Ultimate Bloodsport in Nagrand
Best Consumables for Holy Paladin
Golden Fish Sticks is the default choice as it is the largest bonus healing increase you can get from a well-fed buff. Leveling your Cooking helps considerably in reducing the cost of these and, as a secondary profession, everyone can learn it with no limitations.
Flasks and Potions
Holy Paladins are unique in how much they value Intellect as they gain +Healing from it, in addition to the benefits it already offers, making Flask of Distilled Wisdom your best option. It grants almost all of the beneficial healing stats to Holy.
Super Mana Potions are extremely important as a buffer in high damage situations, where you are required to spend more Mana quickly and your downtime to regenerate is limited.
- 23 Aug. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery XP Buff Is Live Now!
- WoW Classic Era Maintenance Notes: February 6th
- Blizzard Teases Cozy Sleeping Bag for SoD Phase 2
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- New World Buff Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- A List of All Runes Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- Blizzard Bans GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Starting February 8
- NO GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Phase 2