Fury Warrior Pre-Patch Guide for WotLK Classic
The Pre-Patch period of Wrath of the Lich King Classic is a time to allow players to level or gear up characters while experiencing some of the class changes of the coming expansion before its official launch. Here you will find recommended talents, gear, and some rotation tips for a Fury Warrior when you can only reach a maximum level of 70.
Talent Builds for Fury Warrior in Pre-Patch
Fury Warriors will have to decide which playstyle they will choose during the pre-patch. You will either choose to use 2 two-handed weapons with Titan's Grip, or if you have powerful one-handed weapons like the Warglaive of Azzinoth set, you may want to use a one-handed weapon spec. Both specs are viable on the pre-patch depending on your available weapons.
No matter what spec you choose, know that Fury Warrior is heavily reliant on gear and may feel bad to play in low gear situations. Precision can be exchanged for Enrage if you do not need the Hit Chance.
Two Handed Weapons Spec
This spec will use two-handed weapons with Titan's Grip and is the preferred choice out of the two builds. Normally you would be going into the Arms tree instead of the Protection tree, but as you are limited on talent points during the pre-patch, you will grab Incite instead. Improved Thunder Clap is also useful when entering combat after Charge, or in large AoE situations.
One Handed Weapons Spec
This is the spec you will use if you are using powerful one-handed weapons like the Warglaive of Azzinoth set. This build prioritizes using the faster attacking weapons to take advantage of the improved Deep Wounds talent as the damage now stacks up over time instead of just replacing itself.
Best Glyphs for Fury Warrior in Pre-Patch
Glyphs are a new consumable of sorts introduced in Wrath of the Lich King. Glyphs greatly improve certain spells when you learn them, supporting and even enabling some builds. In the pre-patch of WotLK you only have access to two major glyphs, as the third slot requires Level 80 to unlock.
Major Glyphs for Fury Warrior in Pre-Patch
- Glyph of Whirlwind — This one of your main glyphs at Level 80, making this a great choice for you during the pre-patch.
- Glyph of Heroic Strike — This is another one of your main glyphs. This one helps you maintain your Rage.
- Glyph of Cleaving — Can be swapped out with Glyph of Heroic Strike for trash and bosses with multiple targets.
- Glyph of Execution — This is not great, but is better than nothing if you cannot get a better option.
Minor Glyphs for Fury Warrior in Pre-Patch
- Glyph of Bloodrage — The impact of this glyph is fairly minor overall, but it helps out your healers a bit and makes you generally a little bit safer.
- Glyph of Thunder Clap — On larger AoE pulls, you will swap stances and use Thunder Clap. This glyph increases the size of your AoE, giving it some value.
- Glyph of Battle — This glyph typically is not used, but is very nice while leveling or in general solo play to reduce how often you need to cast Battle Shout.
Stat Priority for Fury Warrior in Pre-Patch
The list below is in order of your desired stats. Keep this in mind when looking at different gearing choices.
- Hit Rating
- Critical Strike Rating
- Expertise Rating
- Armor Penetration
- Haste Rating
Spell Rotation for Fury Warrior in Pre-Patch
Fury Warrior Single-Target Damage Rotation in Pre-Patch
- Sunder Armor — Nothing changes in Wrath of the Lich King. Sunder Armor remains your best opening ability on bosses, increasing all Physical damage taken. You do not need to do this if someone else, such as a Rogue, is applying an Armor reduction debuff.
- Bloodthirst — This spell remains the bread and butter of a Fury Warrior's rotation. In WotLK, it has a much lower cooldown, letting you use it constantly. Make sure to use this ability as much as possible.
- Whirlwind — Whirlwind becomes very strong in WotLK due to you wielding 2 two-handed weapons along with the new talent Improved Whirlwind. In situations with multiple targets, prioritize using Whirlwind over Bloodthirst as the AoE damage gained will outweigh the lost cooldown of Bloodthirst.
- Slam — You will want to use Slam after your two primary abilities are on cooldown and you have a Bloodsurge proc. Be aware of your buffs and do not use Slam without a Bloodsurge proc as it will not be instant cast.
- Heroic Strike — You will start using Heroic Strike when you have more than 60 Rage to prevent wasting excess rage. This is great when paired with Glyph of Heroic Strike for a bit of a Rage refund.
- Execute — Execute has dropped from being one of your highest priority spells to your lowest as it has been nerfed greatly in WotLK.
Fury Warrior AoE Damage Rotation in Pre-Patch
- Whirlwind — Whirlwind takes over as your top priority spell when fighting multiple enemies at once for the extra AoE damage.
- Thunder Clap — Thunder Clap is not one of your main abilities, but as it is not limited to 4 targets like Whirlwind is, you will want to use this on large AoE pulls.
- Cleave — You replace Heroic Strike with Cleave in AoE situations to hit as many targets as possible. This is even better when paired together with Glyph of Cleaving.
- After this you will go back into your Single-Target rotation until a higher priority AoE ability is ready.
Best in Slot Gear for Fury Warrior in Pre-Patch
Your best in slot gear does not change much from Phase 5 of TBC, but ideally you can change a few pieces of gear. Below is a list of recommended best in slot gear, as well as some easy to obtain choices.
However, for newer players especially or if you are playing on one of the Fresh Servers, the gear listed below may not be realistic to obtain for most players in only a month. If you want the most efficient start possible, we would highly recommend farming Honor in the pre-patch through battlegrounds. This will allow you to buy the full "Brutal" PvP set, which is close in power to gear from Sunwell Plateau. While not BiS, it is the closest you will get within the short time frame, and you are guaranteed to obtain it with enough farming.
|Off Hand Weapon||
Best Enchants for Fury Warrior in Pre-Patch
Your enchants mostly stay the same from TBC, not requiring much change. Check out our TBC enchants page for a list of available options.
Best Consumables for Fury Warrior in Pre-Patch
Your consumables are mostly the same from TBC. You do not need nearly as many consumables as before, making this a very easy shopping list.
- 06 Sep. 2022: Fixed Honor cost on weapons.
- 29 Aug. 2022: Page added.
- Blizzard Discusses WoW Token in Classic
- WoW Token Added to Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Is Back!
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look