WotLK Classic Guide to Paladin's Best Macros
The focus of this section is to show you some examples of some basic macros and explain how they work. A Macro is a line of commands that you can input into a text box that will execute the written commands in the order you have given them with a single button press.
Macros for Paladins in Wrath of the Lich King Classic
Cancel Hand of Protection
- #showtooltip Hand of Protection
- /cancelaura Hand of Protection
Hand of Protection is a powerful defensive cooldown, but when active mobs ignore your threat and could possibly kill allies. This macro works to quickly remove the buff so you can regain threat. You can easily construct a macro that does the same for Divine Shield as well using the same format.
Stop cast Hammer of Justice
- #showtooltip Hammer of Justice
- /cast Hammer of Justice
Hammer of Justice is an extremely powerful tool, especially in PvP, and you may need to cast it to quickly react to something. This macro stops whatever ability you may be casting and then casts Hammer of Justice immediately.
- #showtooltip Hand of Freedom
- /cast [@mouseover,exists,help][@player] Hand of Freedom
Mouse-over macros allow you to cast spells without actually targeting who you want the ability to be used on. Instead, mouse-overs make it so simply having your cursor over the enemy, ally, or party frame will allow you to cast on your intended target. Being able to use a spell like Cleanse, Hand of Protection, or Hand of Freedom like this can sometimes save seconds and possibly save the target from dying.
- #showtooltip Holy Light
- /cast [@mouseover,exists,help][@player] Holy Light
Healing mouse-overs share the same idea as the utility ones listed above. This is largely a preference but can be quicker if you become proficient with it.
Macros are very important in making your character play as smoothly as possible, but so do addons, for which reason we recommend that you also read our Paladin Addons page.
- 31 Aug. 2022: Page added.
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming
- Free Character Transfers in Wrath Classic: March 3rd
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: March 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 16th
- Season of Mastery Realms Closing This Week, Transfers Open