Restoration Druid PvP Guide for WotLK Classic
Welcome to our PvP Restoration Druid guide for Wrath Classic. Here you will learn all you need to know to properly play Restoration Druid in PvP scenarios.
Viability of Restoration Druids in Wrath Classic PvP
Restoration Druids have a unique healing style that relies on instant heals over time which act slowly, but also carry more potential healing in them than most casted heals of other classes.
Heals over time allow the Druid to heal on the move and keep healing even while the Druid is crowd controlled or temporarily out of line-of-sight or range of their targets, enabling safe windows where crowd control such as Cyclone and Entangling Roots can be used, or for drinking.
Ultimately, Restoration Druids can struggle against teams with high burst damage and target swapping potential, especially if they can also remove their healing over time effects, but they also excel against damage-over-time compositions and when facing low mobility melee, which they can pin down with their multiple root effects.
Restoration Druid Standard PvP Talent Build
Restoration Druid 2v2 PvP Talent Build
Due to 2v2 only having two players to keep healed, Wild Growth is mostly a waste of Mana, thus this build skips it and Revitalize in favor of more damage with Insect Swarm, the Haste provided by Celestial Focus and the damage / kiting utility of Brambles.
Restoration Druid PvP Glyphs
Restoration Druid PvP Rotation
Rather than a fixed rotation, Druid gameplay is about treading a fine balance between healing, drinking, and crowd controlling. In a nutshell:
- Keep yourself alive with Dire Bear Form and Barkskin;
- Stay in control of the match with Entangling Roots and Cyclone;
- Heal through enemy damage with Lifebloom, Rejuvenation, Wild Growth, Regrowth, and also Nature's Swiftness in emergencies;
- Keep your Mana topped with Innervate and by tactically slipping away to drink when allies are safe.
Restoration Druid PvP Best in Slot Gear, Gems, and Enchants
You can find our recommended gear, gems, and enchants for PvPing as a Restoration Druid in the link below.
Restoration Druid PvP Arena Teams and Compositions
These are some of the strongest Restoration Druid compositions in each Arena bracket:
In 2v2, Druid + Destruction Warlock, Druid + Warrior, and Druid + Rogue are your best compositions, and all play differently, with the strongest one being with a Destruction Warlock, as the crowd control ability of both classes combined keeps melee enemies away from the Warlock and ranged enemies in line-of-sight of Chaos Bolt.
In 3v3, LSD (Druid + Elemental Shaman + Destruction Warlock) is your best composition and sports extremely high burst damage which can be timed to land just as Cyclone ends, as well as a lot of crowd control designed to keep enemies in check and away from your caster partners.
- 03 Oct. 2023: Updated for Phase 4 release.
- 21 May 2023: Reviewed for Phase 3 release.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 24 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer