FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

None of the values I put were for Goblins.  The values I put are the values you need to have BEFORE the trinket goes on.  When the trinket goes on, the Amplification effect will take you to the threshold listed.

Omg lol there's my problem thanks

I'm tried as hell, I need a nerd question answered.

I just got the cleave trinket, what gets the most out of it? Demo or destro? Also what off trinket to go with it? Looking at H Spoils.

Thanks.

Ugh. fuck the immerserues trinket. I was all YES AN ICD!!! Goooodbye RPPM.

.... Been rolling this trinket with KTT and sometimes they work okay. But other times, the fucker won't proc until DS and KTT have both fallen off. It hasn't always been proccing on pull like UVLS was.im watering so many shards at pull, SBSWing after KTT, and then haunt and then the wait game for Bindings to proc. at the last second, it usually does and so that's at her SBSW.

Amp & Yu'lon's Bite here. No big dps spike at pull or on trash mobs will take some getting used to again. Have to test some more, but might put Wush's back in for YB.

Edited by Caolela

.... Been rolling this trinket with KTT and sometimes they work okay. But other times, the fucker won't proc until DS and KTT have both fallen off. It hasn't always been proccing on pull like UVLS was.im watering so many shards at pull, SBSWing after KTT, and then haunt and then the wait game for Bindings to proc. at the last second, it usually does and so that's at her SBSW.

Like old UVLS, make sure you're not casting in the ~2 minutes before pull. It definitely shouldn't be proccing until DS falls off, like you mentioned. With a 115 second ICD on PBI, your DS should be coming off cooldown partway through the PBI proc. They go very well together. 

I'm tried as hell, I need a nerd question answered.

I just got the cleave trinket, what gets the most out of it? Demo or destro? Also what off trinket to go with it? Looking at H Spoils.

Thanks.

Get some z's son.  I think Gahhda runs/ran the sims on those trinkets, but it's a lot better to look at logs of players on those fights with certain trinkets. 

With some thought, I'd say Destruction benefits from the cleave because of Fire and Brimstone.  Each of those hits having a chance to cleave is just disgustingly nasty.  Also, cleaving Shadowburns and Chaos Bolt would be redonk.  Demonology's cleave would be ok, but Demo requires MUCH more on a pet than Destruction, and the Cleave trinket doesn't proc for pets.  For Destro, I'd say BBoY (sorry, had to) or Bindings (again, sorry).  Since you have neither, I'd just stay with Wush until you get one of those.  Also, Cleave trinket does NOT proc single target...it's a wasted passive.

Not sure what you're doing with your opener to see results like this.  PBI has an ICD of 115 seconds, so the 120 second timer set before pull makes it so it can proc right off the bat.  Remember, it has a 15% chance to proc on spell hit when it is off CD.  Either you're having horrendous luck not seeing it early in the fight, or you're not landing enough hits.  It's a GOOD thing that it lines up with Dark Soul...that's the beauty of that trinket.

Amp & Yu'lon's Bite here. No big dps spike at pull or on trash mobs will take some getting used to again. Have to test some more, but might put Wush's back in for YB.

Don't use Yu'lon's Bite unless you have absolutely no other alternative 522 trinket.  That thing is so bad.  Seriously. 

Like old UVLS, make sure you're not casting in the ~2 minutes before pull. It definitely shouldn't be proccing until DS falls off, like you mentioned. With a 115 second ICD on PBI, your DS should be coming off cooldown partway through the PBI proc. They go very well together. 

Agreed.

• Like 1

Hey guys... quick question for you all. I have Breath536, Wush530, and UVLS 502 :(

I currently play Affli MS and Demo OS... we're about to kill the dark shamans and I'm wondering if I should get the Kardris trinket or let the Ele or Mage get it and just wait for Bindings. And which one do I replace first? Any suggestions? 

I think I answerd this in the Demo question....trinket should go to best player, not best class.  If players are equal in skill, Multistrike is great for Affliction, but not as great as for DPS without pets such as Shaman + Mage.  Difference is marginal, however.  I'm also in the process of analyzing logs so I can't say for sure which is truly 'best.'  

Advice: grind ToT until you get better UVLS (raid was nerfed 20%)

Replace Breath with first SoO trinket and keep Wush + UVLS for Aff and UVLS + SoO trinket for Demo.

• Like 1

Thanks Zagam, always helpful man. I've run ToT since I came back to WoW and no UVLS :(

I guess I'm gonna pass on that Kardris for now then.

Only losing out on like 100 Int and a SLIGHTLY smaller proc increase...not likely enough to worry about. 

• Like 1

I would not be shocked if this is not enough to kill the trinket.  It still has wicked synergy with 2p and the Fury and MC charges it fuels was its key, not specifically the dmg from the imps spawned (though large contributors).  The imp nerf affects all Demo locks, trinket or not.  If the trinket still procs reliably on the pull, the trinkets potency is not going to be killed as drastically as it sounds.

I'm unsure as to what '40% less likely to proc' means for their math.  If it's a 40% reduction from the RPPM, oh god, you'll see a proc at the beginning and maybe another before the fight ends.

If it's a 40% reduction across the board and it affects the proc rate at the start, it'll be worthless.

• Like 1

I'm unsure as to what '40% less likely to proc' means for their math.  If it's a 40% reduction from the RPPM, oh god, you'll see a proc at the beginning and maybe another before the fight ends.

If it's a 40% reduction across the board and it affects the proc rate at the start, it'll be worthless.

Hoping it's just the RPPM so at least I can get 100% crit off the bat until I can replace it...Never could get my hands on a Wush.

So with the recent hotfix to UVLS, I am replacing it. The question is with what?

Rolling Afflic/Destro again since Demo doesn't output the same amount of damage anymore.

Currently rolling Woosh, UVLS, Breath, and Kardris (the 1/3 trinket)

I'm thinking I'm gonna roll Woosh + Breath for single target

Woosh and Kardris for more than 1 target.

If I get bindings tonight, I'll use that instead of Breath.

Thoughts?

Hey guys thanks for always helping out with these recurring trinket questions... I play Aff/Destro, currently have 536 Breath, 530 Wush and just grabbed Kardris 548 last night. What setup do you recommend for single target and multidot?

Thanks in advance...

Need some help deciding on which trinkets to use as affliction.  I have:

Warforged KTT Normal

Bindings LFR

UVLS Normal

Wush LFR

The only real choice seems to be between bindings and UVLS but I'm not sure given the nerf to UVLS.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Need some help deciding on which trinkets to use as affliction.  I have:

Warforged KTT Normal

Bindings LFR

UVLS Normal

Wush LFR

The only real choice seems to be between bindings and UVLS but I'm not sure given the nerf to UVLS.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I assume that means you're using the WF KTT as your other trinket?

Get BBoY.  Join OpenRaid and get into a ToT to get a Heroic Wush.  Don't be dabbling in this tier with that LFR crap!

For now, use Bindings and KTT.  Upgrade Bindings to 536 and you'll be set.

• Like 1

Get BBoY.  Join OpenRaid and get into a ToT to get a Heroic Wush.  Don't be dabbling in this tier with that LFR crap!

For now, use Bindings and KTT.  Upgrade Bindings to 536 and you'll be set.

I know. :(  just have the worst luck this expansion for some reason.  I especially love the 2 titan runestone weeks.

thank you for the help

Yes.  Should I not be using it for single target?

I was just verifying you didn't write it off as junk and went with Wush instead for how much it is/has been praised.

KTT doesn't get as much light, it seems, as Blood or PBI

Been following the warlock threads for a while, first time posting. :)

Okay, so here's my situation. After reading this I wasn't sure what direction I would take with my trinkets.

Pre-5.4 I was running Normal Wush and LFR Breath (terrible luck).
I managed to get LFR version of PBI and then last night I got Normal Frenzied Crystal of Rage.
Currently running Wush/PBI and will be swapping out the Crystal on trash/AoE.
Am I taking the right direction with this?
Is Crystal more beneficial on single targets than I'm making it out to be?
Or should I not ignore my Breath even though it's LFR?
Would it be worth it to upgrade the LFR PBI?

Thanks! :)