FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

Unerring is still beyond bis for demonology, testing further to compare it to next tier heroic trinkets now :/.

Amp isn't that good until you approach heroic gear because the total statistic budget gained for affliction isn't that valuable. Still open to debate for the other two...need to do so much shit today sigh.

Aren't you discrediting the reliability of an ICD Intellect proc that almost lines up perfectly with Dark Soul?  Sure the passive grows as you acquire gear, but the proc is pretty neato in my opinion.

• Like 1

Unerring is still beyond bis for demonology, testing further to compare it to next tier heroic trinkets now :/.

By beyond BiS, are you still testing in Simcraft where ideal RNG measures and smooths out over many iterations?  I don't see how it can be BiS when its RPPM makes it miss the opening burst window smaller.  The shadyness of the RNG of it makes it difficult to time as well because you'd need to hold onto Metamorphosis form to slap it on.  Considering we're losing the Imp Swarm burst as well as the 30% reduction in DF cost during Dark Soul, Metamorphosis uptime is already going to be an issue initially...being a slave to monitoring this proc if it happens (which maybe what, 50-60% of the time?) during the opening. 

• Like 1

By beyond BiS, are you still testing in Simcraft where ideal RNG measures and smooths out over many iterations?  I don't see how it can be BiS when its RPPM makes it miss the opening burst window smaller.  The shadyness of the RNG of it makes it difficult to time as well because you'd need to hold onto Metamorphosis form to slap it on.  Considering we're losing the Imp Swarm burst as well as the 30% reduction in DF cost during Dark Soul, Metamorphosis uptime is already going to be an issue initially...being a slave to monitoring this proc if it happens (which maybe what, 50-60% of the time?) during the opening. 

120 second reset every boss pull makes it significantly more reliably on pull on ptr, which is where the bulk of its dps actually comes from until you look at 20 minute ridiculously long fights like garrosh. Also entirely too many multi-doom fights this tier to abuse it on.

As for amp, I'm not saying it isn't good, still much more reliable than rppm trinkets (gets even better as fights last longer). All of the = trinkets were withing 1% of each other.

Edited by gahhda

Thing that sucks is without EA glyph, going to need 13153 Haste to hit the breakpoint that 8093 did with the EA glyph for +2 ticks of Doom.  Granted, more things to hit with Doom makes this effect diminish, but until people are 550+, I can't see them hitting that breakpoint without completely wrecking their Mastery. 

I just need to do this damn raid tomorrow to get a feel for what's going to flow.  I don't want to use UVLS anymore :(

• Like 1

Hi guys, im alittle confused with the new start. So on Wednesday when I start raiding in 5.4 in old tier gear what trinkets do I aim to use? Im normally Demo and off spec destro. Do I carry on with Hydra/UVLS for demo and plan to drop UVLS first chance I get? Or do I go with one of the Wush/Cha-ye that I have held onto? Also with the now delayed opener proc of UVLS do you delay your burst till it procs (DS & Beserking)?

Pray to RNG gods if you continue using UVLS.  That's all I can really say.  Being a slave to pop other CDs when Unerring procs just makes for a really crappy time to me.

• Like 1

so the better option would be hydra/wush for first run on 5.4 raids?  So is demo looking broken until new trinkets are found? Am I better swapping over to affliction/destro?  As you can tell i havent done any ptr work as my guild has been trying to get as much hc bosses down before 5.4.

First off, your trinket selection isn't going to make you go from viable to not viable.  Reading about the fights and executing them properly will FAR outweigh your trinket selection.  Run what you're comfortable with.  Demo isn't "broken" because a lot of fight mechanics make it an advantageous spec to play.  Each fight has niches for each spec...there is no 'best way' to go.  All of these methods are strategy and comp dependent. 

• Like 1

Unerring wins. Multiple multi-target encounters to roll multiple dooms on. The 120 second ensured RPPM on pull means it procs a SIGNIFICANT amount of pulls. It also synergies stupidly with our t16 2pc for a MASSIVE gain.

Demo: Unerring/Breath

Destro: Wushoo/Breath

Affli: Wushoo/Breath

Trinkets to look for going into next week -

All of the trinkets >= are within less than 1% of each other.

Demo: Unerring is bis all of next tier (with exceptions based on fights requiring less dooming etc), BB > Multi >= Bindings, all trinkets beat current tier ones for demo. Bindings is ICD and not far behind, so likely the best option of the bunch for the demo playstyle.

Affli: Wushoo is just too damn strong for this spec. BB > Wushoo h tf > multi > wushoo h > bindings >= unerring >= breath > chayes. 

Destro: Wushoo strong, not as strong as affli wushoo. BB > Wushoo h tf > Bindings >= Multi > wushho h > unerring >= breath >= chayes. Bindings has a strong interaction with destruction because of the % crit damage benefiting it more than the other two specs, because it is icd it also fits well into the destruction rotation. I'm highly considering it to be bis with BB if you don't have H TF Wushoo.

Edited by gahhda

Gahhda, couple of questions...

UVLS - % of procs off the bat you're seeing?  50%?  75%?  99%?  Considering an RPPM of 0.65 modified by Haste and set at t=120, I'm seeing 80-85% proc rate at the beginning...close to what you're seeing?

Considering synergy with 2pc, are Wild Imps considered pets or guardians in Blizz's code?  I wouldn't expect that set bonus to snapshot anything, but if it affects Wild Imps, surely it affects Doom/Terrorguard?  Would it then, therefore, be prominent to pop Doom/Terrorguard when 2pc procs?  Are you sure it affects the Imps? 

I can see Breath and Wush being usable all the way through Heroic progression if RNG decides not to hand over good trinkets.  I went 42 weeks in Dragon Soul having never seen Cunning of the Cruel, so I'm prepared for a trinket drought.  Considering both Breath and Wush's already high RPPM is still inflated by Haste, I expect to see those procs happening so much that Affliction just weights super hard on the trinkets because with snapshotting, you don't care about the duration of the procs...you care about the quantity of the procs.  More frequent procs = higher uptime of empowered DoTs.  The issue with Unerring is it forbids you to get really powerful Dooms if you got an Unerring proc somewhere without other procs.  I can just see a lot of fights where Unerring looks like it would fall behind.  With the buff to Affliction, are you absolutely sure that UVLS Demo isn't going to fall behind mega empowered Affliction multi-dotting?

• Like 1

Gahhda, couple of questions...

UVLS - % of procs off the bat you're seeing?  50%?  75%?  99%?  Considering an RPPM of 0.65 modified by Haste and set at t=120, I'm seeing 80-85% proc rate at the beginning...close to what you're seeing?

Considering synergy with 2pc, are Wild Imps considered pets or guardians in Blizz's code?  I wouldn't expect that set bonus to snapshot anything, but if it affects Wild Imps, surely it affects Doom/Terrorguard?  Would it then, therefore, be prominent to pop Doom/Terrorguard when 2pc procs?  Are you sure it affects the Imps? 

I can see Breath and Wush being usable all the way through Heroic progression if RNG decides not to hand over good trinkets.  I went 42 weeks in Dragon Soul having never seen Cunning of the Cruel, so I'm prepared for a trinket drought.  Considering both Breath and Wush's already high RPPM is still inflated by Haste, I expect to see those procs happening so much that Affliction just weights super hard on the trinkets because with snapshotting, you don't care about the duration of the procs...you care about the quantity of the procs.  More frequent procs = higher uptime of empowered DoTs.  The issue with Unerring is it forbids you to get really powerful Dooms if you got an Unerring proc somewhere without other procs.  I can just see a lot of fights where Unerring looks like it would fall behind.  With the buff to Affliction, are you absolutely sure that UVLS Demo isn't going to fall behind mega empowered Affliction multi-dotting?

2pc procs off molten core...unerring snapshotting increases molten core procs ._.?

They removed the haste scaling on (i think) every rppm trinket that currently exists. Anything that gives a statistic as a proc no longer scales off haste, because of their ass backwards logic of double dipping or whatever idiocy.

Affliction is strong on fights, demo is strong on others, time will tell.

and if you'd ever use skype I wouldn't have to make giant blocky ass responses to you!

Edited by gahhda

I told you, I only used Skype to see my long distance woman in compromising positions.  Now that she lives with me, Skype is worthless. 

• Like 1

Prevailing wisdom on MMO-C seems to be KTT/BBY for progression, where PBI only becomes BiS at very high levels of gear. Is this accurate, or will PBI/BBY or something like PBI/Wush or PBI/BotH be fine?

Prevailing wisdom on MMO-C seems to be KTT/BBY for progression, where PBI only becomes BiS at very high levels of gear. Is this accurate, or will PBI/BBY or something like PBI/Wush or PBI/BotH be fine?

"wisdom" and "MMO-C" isn't something I've ever seen in the same sentence before. 

On topic, is that referring to Aff?

Also, any word on heroics? Is it safe to assume that ANY H or HWF trinket will be better than H-t15? Other than UVLS.

"wisdom" and "MMO-C" isn't something I've ever seen in the same sentence before. 

Also, any word on heroics? Is it safe to assume that ANY H or HWF trinket will be better than H-t15? Other than UVLS.

No argument on the first point, hence my post here. But sorry, I should have clarified, that's with regards to Affliction. 

I understand that the stat value of PBI scales pretty well with your gear, and can see why even a 553 PBI would be more valuable to someone in H(WF) gear than someone in normal, something just feels off about it not being as good as KTT. I was hoping someone had some numbers to sort this out. 

Yes.

Side note, the cleave trinket is still an extremely viable choice for certain spec/fight combinations, namely destruction on a number of fights, so if you plan to destro its a trinket you should have for use!

Edited by gahhda

Its hard to compete with the constant MC procs with 2pc and fury regen from that trinket...

Wushhhhh is lovely, but oh god am i sick of the hit. Bad luck with gear and late apperance in ToT, getting 2x items from Ordos but both with hit = way to much for me at 550 ilvl currently.

Blizzard also trolling me when i tried creating a new ring today and got a 535 ring with hit ONLY ;_;

I can see it being pretty sick for Destro until you get the new trinkets from flex or normal. That proc is 16.5% crit that will line up with Dark Soul for monster Chaos Bolts.