FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

it seems strange that for demonology, lei shen's trinket remains so hight even regular 522.

So simcraft says that UVOLS still BIS for demonology even if we lost the glyph of eternal affliction and cannot have a 100% uptime for the 100% crit buff?

Another surprise is the rank of yu lon bite 535, is it really better than some of 553 trinkets?

Are you sure about your simcraft results?

I Think Simcraft is overrating the RNG factor of Lei Shen's trinket.

I would not use the trinket besides council fights at all, to risk, better go with Immersius + BBOY

Btw, Gahhda, current for mage fire / frost / arcane which trinkets are best trinkets? I Say Dark Shaman one + Immersius for Mage but some ppl say BBOY + Immersius, u have some sims about it?

Edited by JvChequer

I played Demo on Thok and had %100 crit on Doom on most of the tries with 2/2 HC UVLS. I don't think Simcraft overrates it.

I'm running Demo this week.  Mine is 543 version, so I'll be able to figure something out.  Hoping to snag Bindings from Flex to replace Breath.

• Like 1

with the 120 second reset on pull no matter how much time between attempts it nearly ALWAYS procs, 90-95% in the first 5 seconds. Major improvement from last tier, and its proc rate didn't actually go down much, we didn't stack that much haste last tier to begin with on demo.

Jumped into SoO and got a normal PBI this evening. Upgrading from a 530 Breath, but it seems that reforgelite isn't able to reforge properly with the Amp effect. Anyone seeing the same issue/have a solution?

Edit: Wow, I apparently completely forgot about math. In case anyone pulls a dumb like I did, just calculate a new "from gear" BP using your amp value, especially since this was covered earlier in this thread. 

Edit 2: I think I'm running into a new problem. 561Bindings, should be an 8% Amp. Without the trinket equipped, I have 9068 Haste. With the trinket equipped, I have 9752 haste.

9068*1.08 = 9793.44 Haste

The upgrades must be only giving a fractional amp. 

Edited by Annoroth

with the 120 second reset on pull no matter how much time between attempts it nearly ALWAYS procs, 90-95% in the first 5 seconds. Major improvement from last tier, and its proc rate didn't actually go down much, we didn't stack that much haste last tier to begin with on demo.

Confirmed during my Flex test Sunday.  Proc'd at the start of each fight every time and seemed to proc much more often throughout the fight.  I'm thinking Bindings + UVLS is the clear winner for Demo.  I don't even feel bad about losing KTT to the Ele or BBoY to the Mage haha

Jumped into SoO and got a normal PBI this evening. Upgrading from a 530 Breath, but it seems that reforgelite isn't able to reforge properly with the Amp effect. Anyone seeing the same issue/have a solution?

Edit: Wow, I apparently completely forgot about math. In case anyone pulls a dumb like I did, just calculate a new "from gear" BP using your amp value, especially since this was covered earlier in this thread. 

Edit 2: I think I'm running into a new problem. 561Bindings, should be an 8% Amp. Without the trinket equipped, I have 9068 Haste. With the trinket equipped, I have 9752 haste.

9068*1.08 = 9793.44 Haste

The upgrades must be only giving a fractional amp. 

So without trinket, you have 9068 Haste.  With it, you have 9752.  Looks like your Amp is 7.543%.  It might be worthy to look into each person's ACTUAL contribution of stats from your Amplification trinket.  Since all of you lucky people got one and I didn't, here's my call to arms:

CALL TO ARMS: Anyone with Purified Bindings of Immerseus - please list your Haste and Mastery values WITHOUT the trinket and then list your Haste and Mastery values WITH the trinket.  We can find out the exact percentages instead of Blizz's clearly rounded efforts.  Let's fill out this chart...

528 - LFR - 0/2 - Shown Value = 5.0%.  Actual Value = ?

532 - LFR - 1/2 - Shown Value = ?.  Actual Value = ?

536 - LFR - 2/2 - Shown Value = ?.  Actual Value = ?

540 - Flex - 0/2 - Shown Value = 6.0%.  Actual Value = ?

544 - Flex - 1/2 - Shown Value = ?.  Actual Value = ?

548 - Flex - 2/2 - Shown Value = ?.  Actual Value = ?

553 - Normal - 0/2 - Shown Value = 7.0%.  Actual Value = ?

557 - Normal - 1/2 - Shown Value = ?.  Actual Value = ?

561 - Normal - 2/2 - Shown Value = 8.0%.  Actual Value = 7.543%

559 - Warforged - 0/2 - Shown Value = ?.  Actual Value = ?

563 - Warforged - 1/2 - Shown Value = ?.  Actual Value = ?

567 - Warforged - 2/2 - Shown Value = ?.  Actual Value = ?

566 - Heroic - 0/2 - Shown Value = ?.  Actual Value = ?

570 - Heroic - 1/2 - Shown Value = ?.  Actual Value = ?

574 - Heroic - 2/2 - Shown Value = ?.  Actual Value = ?

572 - H Warforged - 0/2 - Shown Value = ?.  Actual Value = ?

576 - H Warforged - 1/2 - Shown Value = ?.  Actual Value = ?

580 - H Warforged - 2/2 - Shown Value = ?.  Actual Value = ?

• Like 1

Nice find.  Much appreciated.  Blizz has much trickery with those upgrades and the actual percentage increase.  Now I have to convert those into Haste values for thresholds...

• Like 1

I think her formula is off...I thought they said SoO trinkets would be based off of ilvl 553 trinkets, not 463.  In ToT, the base item level was 528. 

She lists her formula of: P(ilvl) = P(463) * 1.15^((ilvl - 463))/15)

I think you replace 463 with 553 to get the values...which is why we see the small rounding effect on the 7% and 9%.  I'm pretty sure 7% and 9% are supposed to be exact.  Going to run numbers now...

• Like 1

8xTwAqQ.png

That's what I calculate.  Not a huge variance...but I think her basis is off.  I could be wrong, but again, the values are very small.  I think it will play out a bit on how the Haste exact thresholds are calculated though.  Anyone else remember the trinket basis being 553 this tier?

• Like 1

Is it worth hanging onto 530 UVLS? I know the 543/549 versions are supposed to reign supreme, but what about those of us without the heroic version?

Well based on your own math the 561 amp is 7,543. Now if you look at those numbers, 7,5427 does round to there but 7,5417 doesn't. So her formula gives the correct answer for that one at least unlike yours.

The problem is I don't know which one is 'correct' for rounding issues.  I'm 95% sure the trinket basis was supposed to be off of 553 in SoO much like it was 528 in ToT, not 463.

• Like 1

Is it worth hanging onto 530 UVLS? I know the 543/549 versions are supposed to reign supreme, but what about those of us without the heroic version?

According to the Sim DPS ratings linked by Gahhda, Normal UVLS beats every T16 Heroic Warforged outside of Bindings, which is our second BIS anyways, so you are good to go with 530 version.  Assuming Demo is the discussion.

I am in same boat, wishing I could farm the better version, but good luck getting another Heroic LS kill anytime soon  sad.png

Edited by Soulzar

My point was that a few posts earlier there was the 9068->9752 amp with a 2/2 normal version. For which we can count the amp. And that amp % based on actual game numbers rounded up to her numbers and formula and not to a 553 base. No matter that 553 might be a more reasonable base otherwise. I'll try to remember to ask a guildie to check numbers for 2/2 flex one tomorrow.

Small patch today. I think it killed UVLS. Opinions?

My experience tonight was that it did not....

OK I think we're good. Crisis averted.

*nod* every now and then, I will get a 'bad pull' but, overall, it seems to be proccing more regularly for me now than it was in 5.3.  I have yet to have a pull where it does not proc within the first 10 seconds even with my 510 version, and although I cannot keep up crit dooms 100% of the fight with the 510, I am getting enough procs during a fight that it is really beneficial.

On one hand, I agree with some people, where a lower ilvl piece from a previous tier should probably not beat the top pieces from the newest tier, but this has occasionally happened with other classes and other pieces.  I think it's in a good place right now, sure, still BIS, but, not quite as stupid OP as it was before, especially on certain multi dot fights.

What I do not agree with, is the apparent class/spec 'balancing' that occurred due to this particular trinket, but I think that remains to be seen still.  As Zagam mentioned, Demo + UVLS won't be a necessity on certain fights, which is a good thing (But personally, I will continue playing demo + uvls, I enjoy the playstyle) but it is certainly viable.

Sorry to take it off in a slight tangent, but it seemed like a good opportunity to express a couple thoughts I've had floating around in my head. :)

As long as UVLS keeps proccing like it is currently, I'll be using it on every single fight. My damage is insane on even single target fights and it only gets better with additional targets. biggrin.png

Indeed, I'm back to Demo too.  I would only switch for Spoils to Aff or Destro but Demo all the way for 13/14. Especially if I can get a heroic amp trinket tomorow, thingy gonna get so yummy.

I just want ANY Amp trinket...Flex, normal, heroic...IDGAF.  I think I'm in line for the next caster Trinket...Heroic Immerseus tonight.  I smell awesomesauce.  Considering I'm going back Demo, that trinket on Heroic would set me up for trinkets for rest of xpac.

• Like 1

Also Heroic Immerseus tomorrow but but our Mage has higher DKP then me sad.png Maybe I can coin or Immerseus decides to bless us twice.

EDIT: Warforged amp trinket dropped last week and I was the first one to get it but I was outside because gm wanted to start early without any notice and I was afk until 5 mins before raid. I really have a terrible trinket luck.

Edited by Sifon