FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

The difference is not huge if its a QOL improvement for you.  The math comparison Zag did in another thread was a 1.2% difference.  I personally still sac most of the time for simplicity.  I suspect Purified Bindings and Burning Primal meta with Mastery > Crit build will help close the gap between GoSup and GoSac since the multiplicative combination of the two boost critical dmg by a respectable margin, so criting harder scales better from that combo which I do not believe your pet benefits from.

There was also a F&B with GoSac bug that was causing F&B incins to hit for less than they should, which could factor in some for Aoe situations.  The 1.2% example above was from Omarics multi target fight, Zags were single target fights I think.

Additionally some fights Sac may work better on.. like Norushen, where you get to double/tripple dip on the sac bonus due to the mirrored dmg, where as due to the low HP nature of the mobs your pet cant switch targets effectively enough to benefit from that.  

The difference is not huge if its a QOL improvement for you.  The math comparison Zag did in another thread was a 1.2% difference.  I personally still sac most of the time for simplicity.  I suspect Purified Bindings and Burning Primal meta with Mastery > Crit build will help close the gap between GoSup and GoSac since the multiplicative combination of the two boost critical dmg by a respectable margin, so criting harder scales better from that combo which I do not believe your pet benefits from.

There was also a F&B with GoSac bug that was causing F&B incins to hit for less than they should, which could factor in some for Aoe situations.  The 1.2% example above was from Omarics multi target fight, Zags were single target fights I think.

Additionally some fights Sac may work better on.. like Norushen, where you get to double/tripple dip on the sac bonus due to the mirrored dmg, where as due to the low HP nature of the mobs your pet cant switch targets effectively enough to benefit from that.  

I think the multistrike trinket will also help GoSac. Correct?

It'll be better than using a pet if that's what you're alluding to. 

• Like 1

It'll be better than using a pet if that's what you're alluding to. 

Yes.  Finally figured out how to get SimC on work comp.  I can actually just sim it on my own now.  Much easier than asking easily answered question.

I have a dilema, I got the warforged garosh trinked and the normal cleave trinket. (sorry dont really know the names)

Last week when i went with the cleave trinket on the garosh fight i did around 8% of my damage (as destro).

Is the warforged trinket from garosh enough of a dps increase to justify not using the cleave trinket on heavy multi adds fights?

How do you go about calculating this kind of stuff. 

PD: My other trinket is the Heroic Bindings, so i dont think i should swap this one.

Edited by Nyanchan

wow dude that's a really shitty dilemma you're in....said nobody ever!!!!!

your dps might be slightly better with the cleave trinket but that's just padding your numbers all those adds in the fight die so easily it's not even funny, I think that I'll be backed up in saying that Garrosh + bindings are the BiS trinkets for locks.

wow dude that's a really shitty dilemma you're in....said nobody ever!!!!!

your dps might be slightly better with the cleave trinket but that's just padding your numbers all those adds in the fight die so easily it's not even funny, I think that I'll be backed up in saying that Garrosh + bindings are the BiS trinkets for locks.

yeah i heard they are bis too, but there has to be a reason for the cleave trinket to exist. like there definitively has to be at least a couple of fights in where it would perform better. =( 

Hi guys! Long time lurker, I think first time poster? Anyway, I love what you guys do and admire your work and input.

I have a question relating to haste breakpoints and trinkets.  My guild is in normals (and may be there for a while, but that's a rant for another time).  I have a normal Wush upgraded to 530, as well as a fully upgraded 530 Breath and a brand new shiny Flex PBI, which is now 548 after upgrading.  My question is largely about haste breakpoints.  I can probably stretch my haste to hit the one in the 13000's (4th tick corruption? Can't recall) but it would probably put a strain on my mastery.  I'm currently at some goofy breakpoint for Unstable (12k and some change) but could easily downgrade to 9778 if the added mastery would be a greater boon to my DPS.  I'm not too skilled in Simcraft but I'm gonna try upgrading it and seeing what that does for me.

Any recommendations? I'm *hoping* to see normal bindings eventually, the same way I'm *hoping* to get a weapon upgrade.  But it may be a while before I see some of the later trinkets.

In my opinion stick with the 9778 break point, the way I look at it is if I can't at least make Haste=Mastery > Crit for affliction than it's not worth it you always want your mastery higher than haste. It may sim better for you to stack the shit out of haste but with as many multi target fights as there are and with how both of the other specs favor mastery It's better to aim for the lower haste point and stack the shit out of mastery.

I have not read all the posts in this thread so I do apologize if my question has been discussed earlier, but I'm wondering if anyone else is noticing late proccs on Purified Bindings on the opener (playing mostly affliction). I'm using it with HC TF Wosh which proccs on the first cast with my meta gem and I of course want the PBI to procc within the 10 seconds of Wosh and the meta. Though half of the time it proccs after the inital 10 seconds. Worst chase I've had is when I did Thok flex a few days ago when we got 14 stacks in phase 1 and he had the time to get a 3-4 stacks in the running phase before it procced. I realize it has a 15% chance to procc, but I'd like to know if anyone else is experiancing the same issues. 

Using the flex PBI, though that shouldn't be of much relevance. 

I have not read all the posts in this thread so I do apologize if my question has been discussed earlier, but I'm wondering if anyone else is noticing late proccs on Purified Bindings on the opener (playing mostly affliction). I'm using it with HC TF Wosh which proccs on the first cast with my meta gem and I of course want the PBI to procc within the 10 seconds of Wosh and the meta. Though half of the time it proccs after the inital 10 seconds. Worst chase I've had is when I did Thok flex a few days ago when we got 14 stacks in phase 1 and he had the time to get a 3-4 stacks in the running phase before it procced. I realize it has a 15% chance to procc, but I'd like to know if anyone else is experiancing the same issues. 

Using the flex PBI, though that shouldn't be of much relevance. 

Item level doesn't matter for Bindings.  It's a 15% chance on spell hit to activate.  You can have a string of bad luck and it proc late.  This is going to happen sometimes...just use more abilities that hit faster to activate it quicker.  For Destruction, make absolutely sure Immolate is your first spell.

Chance of proc on x hits

1 = 15%

2 = 28%

3 = 39%

4 = 48%

5 = 56%

6 = 62%

7 = 68%

8 = 73%

9 = 77%

10 = 80%

Basically, your chance to proc is not guaranteed like your RPPM trinkets such as Wush.  Just keep casting and hoping for good luck.  Essence of Yu'lon can proc it, so you have tons of chances to proc.  Getting 10 spell hits should only take you about 3-4 seconds, and you have an 80% chance of seeing a proc by then. 

• Like 1

Would Heroic KTT be better than Warforged BBoY for destro considering it is attacked base? or well timed Chaos bolts would still beat the kinda stable procs from KTT?

I'm going to go H KTT (just got it last night) and Bindings (WHENEVER I GET THEM) and leaving BBoY to Affliction.  I'm seeing Multistrike come out to 4-6% of my damage with it maxing out around 500-600k meaning it proc'd on a Chaos Bolt.  You'll still time your CBs during KTT's Int proc and do great dmg with CB.  The 13k Intellect proc from KTT is half of a 10 stack of BBoY, so they're essentially the same, except to maximize BBoY, you have to have great timing.  With KTT, you can get off 3 CBs all with 13k+ Intellect.

• Like 1

WTB Tier 16 trinket.  I'm a month in now Blizz... toss me a bone here.  No repeats of last tier in needing to wait 3+ months for UVLS to drop....

Thanks for listening to my "3 weeks with no upgrades" QQ

Nothing like me having to answer people going 'should I use Bindings?' When I've coined Immerseus every single time, never seen it drop, etc.  It's so awful...I'm at 570 ilvl now and it'd be SO big for me considering the wealth of secondary stats I've accumulated.  I know I've gotten lucky this tier so far in terms of drops, though, so I try to be a little appreciative...but those damn bindings...

• Like 1

Nothing like me having to answer people going 'should I use Bindings?' When I've coined Immerseus every single time, never seen it drop, etc.  It's so awful...I'm at 570 ilvl now and it'd be SO big for me considering the wealth of secondary stats I've accumulated.  I know I've gotten lucky this tier so far in terms of drops, though, so I try to be a little appreciative...but those damn bindings...

Yah, The bling from that staff is blinding me... tone it down a little will you?

I'm going to go H KTT (just got it last night) and Bindings (WHENEVER I GET THEM) and leaving BBoY to Affliction.  I'm seeing Multistrike come out to 4-6% of my damage with it maxing out around 500-600k meaning it proc'd on a Chaos Bolt.  You'll still time your CBs during KTT's Int proc and do great dmg with CB.  The 13k Intellect proc from KTT is half of a 10 stack of BBoY, so they're essentially the same, except to maximize BBoY, you have to have great timing.  With KTT, you can get off 3 CBs all with 13k+ Intellect.

Aight, so i shall copy u!, lol. Yeah im using both h bindings and hktt and it does seem to be more stable as destro, altho garosh one rocks for affli since the proc rate is really high, ive gotten 2 or 3 in a row. Plus my rotation gets really weird trying to time the powered chaosbolts with garrosh one. 570 is nice, im at 566/568 since i had to replace my other stuff for the 4 piece set QQ. numers are indeed shiny

our entire caster team has coined immerseus every week and so far the boss has given ZERO PBIs to us. that's 3 warlocks, 2 spriests, and 2 ele shamans every week. it would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Yeah, every one of my casters has done the same.  Ele Shaman got his Bindings last week.  So we are 1/9 on rolls so far.

• Like 1

Simple question:

Is Yu'Lon's Bite Trinket better than Wush (530 with upgrade) for a destro Lock?

Am I right in saying that for Afflic Wush is better as the crit is not worth much in Afflic?

Wush is better for both.

Locky, are you saying therefore that I should not even bother with the 50 000 coin trinket and rather use a combo of Wush (530) and PBI (548)??