FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

60% of the time he's sure every time.

Wha ha.  Yes I know I am a noob for asking the repetitive question but I am just lost as to why Bliz adds a trinket that is pretty useless compared to older trinkets.  I would have hoped it would have SOME value to a destro Lock but obviously not LOL.

By the way, just as a passing "Thank you", particularly to Zag, Omaric and Lockybalboa, my DPS has more than doubled in the last 2 weeks allowing me to finally have a rightful place in my Raid Group.  Thanks for your time and effort.

• Like 1

Wha ha.  Yes I know I am a noob for asking the repetitive question but I am just lost as to why Bliz adds a trinket that is pretty useless compared to older trinkets. 

Blizz is run by morons.

By the way, just as a passing "Thank you", particularly to Zag, Omaric and Lockybalboa, my DPS has more than doubled in the last 2 weeks allowing me to finally have a rightful place in my Raid Group.  Thanks for your time and effort.

You're welcome.

Wha ha.  Yes I know I am a noob for asking the repetitive question but I am just lost as to why Bliz adds a trinket that is pretty useless compared to older trinkets.  I would have hoped it would have SOME value to a destro Lock but obviously not LOL.

I'm sarcastic and try to be funny on here a lot...sometimes my humor goes unnoticed.  I'm bad.  Glad to hear results are forthcoming.  Do you mind giving a testimony as to what made your DPS better?  Was it:

1) Changing your secondary stats OR

2) Changing the way you play

The council is eager to hear of your training...

• Like 1

Do mind giving a testimony as to what made your DPS better?  Was it: 1) Changing your secondary stats OR2) Changing the way you play The council is eager to hear of your training...

With pleasure.

The biggest aspect was the use of properly empowered Dots in Affliction. Number one on the list. In Destruction it was making my number one priority to make sure that when my trinkets proc'd, I had enough embers to get off at least two Chaos Bolts. All my main damage had to be fired off at my best buff level.

Of course that brings me to the second aspect of improvement and that is the use of WeakAura's in my interface. In a busy fight I was trying to watch my bars and that meant taking my eyes off the fight. With WA around my Toon I am able to set alerts that tell me when spells will drop off and where my Buffs are.

Thirdly and very important for Affliction, it was to know where all the Mobs are in the fight so I can transfer Dots. If a Mob is dead and I try to select him I lose the 3 second window to swap my dots and I lose dot uptime. I use macros for as many mobs and fights as possible but where it is not possible, your advice on Tidy Frames sorted the problem out.

I have played WOW for 7 years but never been a serious Raider so when I joined a Raid Group it was a steep learning curve to get out of bad habits. My DPS has doubled but has a way to go and I am working on your advice on AffDots.

Just for the record, I am 58 years old and play WOW along with my Son in Law, nephew and many friends. I began on the US servers with my 57 year old brother and later transferred due to lag to EU.

Thanks for all your help again!

Just

• Like 1

Do mind giving a testimony as to what made your DPS better?  Was it: 1) Changing your secondary stats OR2) Changing the way you play The council is eager to hear of your training...

With pleasure.

The biggest aspect was the use of properly empowered Dots in Affliction. Number one on the list. In Destruction it was making my number one priority to make sure that when my trinkets proc'd, I had enough embers to get off at least two Chaos Bolts. All my main damage had to be fired off at my best buff level.

Of course that brings me to the second aspect of improvement and that is the use of WeakAura's in my interface. In a busy fight I was trying to watch my bars and that meant taking my eyes off the fight. With WA around my Toon I am able to set alerts that tell me when spells will drop off and where my Buffs are.

Thirdly and very important for Affliction, it was to know where all the Mobs are in the fight so I can transfer Dots. If a Mob is dead and I try to select him I lose the 3 second window to swap my dots and I lose dot uptime. I use macros for as many mobs and fights as possible but where it is not possible, your advice on Tidy Frames sorted the problem out.

I have played WOW for 7 years but never been a serious Raider so when I joined a Raid Group it was a steep learning curve to get out of bad habits. My DPS has doubled but has a way to go and I am working on your advice on AffDots.

Just for the record, I am 58 years old and play WOW along with my Son in Law, nephew and many friends. I began on the US servers with my 57 year old brother and later transferred due to lag to EU.

Thanks for all your help again!

Just

Delighted to be of service.  It's incredibly rewarding to hear someone improving over gameplay changes and not a visit to the reforger.  Even if you're not in a 'serious' raid group, it never hurts to be the best you can...and doesn't it feel awesome to show purple at the top of recount/skada?  I hope your newfound knowledge inspires them to make Warlocks and come here to become masters!

• Like 2

Just tell them Lockroids.  Tell them if they used Healthstones like you, they'd power up, too.  Maybe that'll get them to use them!

• Like 1

Ha, that happened to me in LFR over the weekend; a dude whispered me "How did your DPS get so high?" "Gear and practice" I told him. And to read the guides here.

I got cleave trinket today. Tested in on Spoils and it did whooping 1,8% of my damage... Is it really that bad?

Total trash on Spoils, really there isn't many fights at all it's helpful on. I've only found it worth it on Heroic Imm doing the adds that spawn out of the debuff and on Heroic Dark Shamans when killing oozes.

Garrosh only helpful for the first phase, all of the other fights it was just total crap on.

Anyone can confirm my math:

I have Purified Bindings of Immerseus, heroic version 2/2 upgrades.

Item level 574, so it's 8.5129% amplification

Should I get 12235 haste rating as as Goblin, to achieve the 13737 cap?

Thanks.

So you're another reason why I still don't have this trinket.

Simple math.  13737 + 1% Haste from Goblin = 13180.   

x * 1.085129 = 13180

13180 / 1.085129 = x

x = 12,146.02, or 12,147

Reverse engineer to test. 

12147 * 1.085129 = 13,181.06.  Checks out.

• Like 1

Every time someone asks me something about Bindings, I die a little on the inside.

• Like 1

Every time someone asks me something about Bindings, I die a little on the inside.

Once again it eluded my grasp last night... I've seen it drop twice (weeks 1 and 2) and our other two casters got it.  To make matters worse, RL has already stated we're extending the lockout next week to focus on progression.... #lockgearproblems

Once again it eluded my grasp last night... I've seen it drop twice (weeks 1 and 2) and our other two casters got it.  To make matters worse, RL has already stated we're extending the lockout next week to focus on progression.... #lockgearproblems

I'm pretending your Avatar is your face when your raid leader confirmed the lockout and I'm cracking up.

• Like 1

Extending lockouts this early in tier to focus on progression seems silly with so many of the bosses being steamrollable once you learn them.

• Like 1

Extending lockouts this early in tier to focus on progression seems silly with so many of the bosses being steamrollable once you learn them.

Well we're not a hardcore guild only 7/14N ...nor is our server (7 or 8 raiding guilds total, top guild is at 13/14N)... our server's lips are barely above the waterline at this point.  We have the first 6 bosses on steamroll(took them out last night in just over 2 hours) and we seem to DE a lot of gear... so RL wants to put more effort into focusing on later bosses for progression and new gear since most people don't need anything from previous bosses now... except my PBoI!!!!!!  On the bright side; I finally got my two piece last night... we raid 10 man with 2 pallies, 2 priests, and 1 lock... tier tokens are hard to come by!

Well we're not a hardcore guild only 7/14N ...nor is our server (7 or 8 raiding guilds total, top guild is at 13/14N)... our server's lips are barely above the waterline at this point.  We have the first 6 bosses on steamroll(took them out last night in just over 2 hours) and we seem to DE a lot of gear... so RL wants to put more effort into focusing on later bosses for progression and new gear since most people don't need anything from previous bosses now... except my PBoI!!!!!!  On the bright side; I finally got my two piece last night... we raid 10 man with 2 pallies, 2 priests, and 1 lock... tier tokens are hard to come by!

Not to take from your raid leader, but here are some suggestions from a former raid leader in myself.

Never ever extend a lockout unless EVERYONE wants to do it.  If your guild is having issues with a boss, do as Rak suggested and put some time into Flex.  If you have 7/14N done, 14/14 Flex should be smooth sailing.  You'll also learn the bosses in a less stressful situation, be able to teach more people the fight, and develop strategies.  You won't get as much guaranteed loot, but each piece increases your raid's productivity and power.  There's always something to be gained by doing repeat bosses including valor, off-spec loot, and disenchanting.  Right now, you can disenchant loot from bosses you don't need, gain your Spirits of War, and high-speed crafting to put 553 pieces on your raiders where deemed most beneficial.  Spend the valor you earn upgrading those to 561 pieces.  This will be FAR more beneficial to your team than grinding Nazgrim over and over and then Malkorok over and over and then Spoils over and over...etc. 

• Like 1