FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

Pre-5.4 I was running Normal Wush and LFR Breath (terrible luck).

I managed to get LFR version of PBI and then last night I got Normal Frenzied Crystal of Rage.

Currently running Wush/PBI and will be swapping out the Crystal on trash/AoE.

Am I taking the right direction with this?

Is Crystal more beneficial on single targets than I'm making it out to be?

Or should I not ignore my Breath even though it's LFR?

Would it be worth it to upgrade the LFR PBI?

Thanks! smile.png

What spec? Affliction? That's a great combination for single target.

If there's nothing else to cleave to, the cleave proc is useless. All you'd be getting from the trinket on single target fights (like Iron Juggernaut or Malkorok) is the int proc. The cleave can hit up to five targets, so it's really great on a fight like Spoils and Guardians where there are multiple targets in close proximity for most of the fight (It would be just padding on Paragons since they heal to full when one dies). The more you can multi dot, the more it has a chance to proc and the more it will cleave.

LFR PBI > LFR Breath

If you've got a ton of valor or your weapon/other trinket are already upgraded, definitely upgrade the PBI. In fact, Murphy's Law predicts as soon as you do that, you will get a Flex/Normal version to drop for you.

Edited by Rakupenda

Been following the warlock threads for a while, first time posting. smile.png

Okay, so here's my situation. After reading this I wasn't sure what direction I would take with my trinkets.

Pre-5.4 I was running Normal Wush and LFR Breath (terrible luck).

I managed to get LFR version of PBI and then last night I got Normal Frenzied Crystal of Rage.

Currently running Wush/PBI and will be swapping out the Crystal on trash/AoE.

Am I taking the right direction with this?

Is Crystal more beneficial on single targets than I'm making it out to be?

Or should I not ignore my Breath even though it's LFR?

Would it be worth it to upgrade the LFR PBI?

Thanks! smile.png

You've got it right.

Do you plan on running normal versions of the raid?  If so, I'd probably wait to upgrade PBI until after you pick that up.

First, UVLS 40% change: It's the RPPM rate. I didn't have another trinket to use at the start of Tuesday night, so I was still Demo on Immerseus and Sha of Pride (got bindings from roll, but didn't get to go change to Destro until we got to Galakras). I was still getting the proc at the start of the fight just as I had been before. The problem was in hardly ever getting it thereafter. Sadly, I didn't get logs, but on Sha I was probably still under 50% uptime on crit Doom with the 530 UVLS.

For those asking which trinket of their four to use, two things:

One: Gahhda in his infinite wisdom and knowledge of Simcraft posted the rankings of trinkets for all three specs somewhere on I think the bottom of Page 15. With the changes, there's a certain amount of recalculation I'm sure he'll be doing, but seeing as UVLS is the only trinket they changed I imagine they'll still be roughly the same, with UVLS just thrown to the wayside for the most part.

Two: A page later or so, I posted a .docx with tables by difficulty of all the trinkets from SoO and ToT with their ranking so you can look at each trinket you have and find out how they rank up against each other. Naturally, Frenzied Crystal of Rage is worth significantly more in a multi-target/AoE fight than single target (depending on your spec, even the 566 version loses to a couple 502's sometimes for single target).

What spec? Affliction? That's a great combination for single target.

If there's nothing else to cleave to, the cleave proc is useless. All you'd be getting from the trinket on single target fights (like Iron Juggernaut or Malkorok) is the int proc. The cleave can hit up to five targets, so it's really great on a fight like Spoils and Guardians where there are multiple targets in close proximity for most of the fight (It would be just padding on Paragons since they heal to full when one dies). The more you can multi dot, the more it has a chance to proc and the more it will cleave.

LFR PBI > LFR Breath

If you've got a ton of valor or your weapon/other trinket are already upgraded, definitely upgrade the PBI. In fact, Murphy's Law predicts as soon as you do that, you will get a Flex/Normal version to drop for you.

Forgot to mention that I'm actually running primarily Destro right now. :P Affliction as my off-spec.

Thanks for the reply. :)

Hey there!

I decided to go affli as main spec and keep my destro secondary. Currently I have 5 different trinkets;

1-)Unnering normal reforge

2-)Breath normal

3-)Wush normal

4-)PBI (LFR)

5-)Yulon's Bite (535)

They all 2 times upgrated and if I equip Wush, my hit goes like 15.60 even if I reforge all hit. I wonder if you could make a good combination of these 5 for my both affli and destro spec. Does Yulon's Bite really crap even for destruction? thanks.

Hey there!

I decided to go affli as main spec and keep my destro secondary. Currently I have 5 different trinkets;

1-)Unnering normal reforge

2-)Breath normal

3-)Wush normal

4-)PBI (LFR)

5-)Yulon's Bite (535)

They all 2 times upgrated and if I equip Wush, my hit goes like 15.60 even if I reforge all hit. I wonder if you could make a good combination of these 5 for my both affli and destro spec. Does Yulon's Bite really crap even for destruction? thanks.

For Affliction I'd use UVLS and PBI.  Replace UVLS with a cleave trinket or BB from Garrosh.  Replace LFR PBI with a higher ilvl ASAP.

For Destruction I'd use PBI and Breath.  Upgrading very similar to Affliction.

Thank you for reply Omaric. For affliction, your trinket advise was very good according to simcraft tests but for destruction I ran 2 simcraft tests with keeping PBI and trying Breath and Yulon's Bite. ( t5:GoSac and t6:AD)

test with Breath: 206615 dps

test with Yulon:   212410 dps 

Do you think Yulon's Bite worth using for Destruction or should I ignore the sim results and use Breath?

Honestly just get an SoO trinket to replace breath as soon as you can.  I'm hearing that Yulon is a trash trinket.  I currently use Cha'Ye's along with PBI for my Destruction spec.

Welp, YB is somewhat/slightly better on Bolts than the only other 2 choices I have: 510 Wush's & Breath. Otherwise it's pretty much sha crystal. Can't wait to replace it. tongue.png

Edited by Caolela

Hi,

Its my 1st time here and i'm not english (american), so sorry my errors. :P

I'm playing Destru and Affli but i've a little problem with the trinket i must to use.

Trinkets in the bags (I've only "the normal trinkets"):

- Bindigs

- UVLS

- WFC

- Frenzied CR

- Hydra

I'm thinking to use Bindings with Frenzied in the fights with 3 > adds, and Bindigs / WFC single target.

What do you think? 

how are people liking KTT? just picked one up and it's replacing my HTF UVLS (rest in peace) starting next raid. i imagine the multistrike effect means GoSac is best for both aff/destro with the trinket, right?

how are people liking KTT? just picked one up and it's replacing my HTF UVLS (rest in peace) starting next raid. i imagine the multistrike effect means GoSac is best for both aff/destro with the trinket, right?

KTT is curent 4.2 ~4.8% of my dps.

I Wonder with 2tp + Gosac + KTT it's a viable option in heavy high ilvl like 670~

Edited by JvChequer

I Wonder with 2tp + Gosac + KTT it's a viable option in heavy high ilvl like 670~

Next expansion? :P

Hey guys, I came to this trinket party late and was going to read every post but there are 20 pages now...... can I get a quick tldr for my particular situation?

*Affliction/Destro - mostly affliction

*549 ILVL

*9778 haste - rest mastery

*Using Wush (530) & Breath of the Hydra (530)

*I *have* UVLS (530)

*Just gained KTT (540 without upgrade - flex)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Which 2 should I put together? Wush & KTT, right? For either spec? (Afflic/Destro)

Edited by Nikalia

Hey guys, I came to this trinket party late and was going to read every post but there are 20 pages now...... can I get a quick tldr for my particular situation?

*Affliction/Destro - mostly affliction

*549 ILVL

*9778 haste - rest mastery

*Using Wush (530) & Breath of the Hydra (530)

*I *have* UVLS (530)

*Just gained KTT (540 without upgrade - flex)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Which 2 should I put together? Wush & KTT, right? For either spec? (Afflic/Destro)

Yes Wush+KTT. 

hey guys, just to make sure i understood zagam's math, i need at least 9166 haste if i have the flex PBI ( ilvl 548 ) in order to hit the aff cap of 9778 haste right ?

thanks !

derp nvm ... dont get his expanations on the 1st page unsure.png

Edited by vldsb

hey guys, just to make sure i understood zagam's math, i need at least 9166 haste if i have the flex PBI ( ilvl 548 ) in order to hit the aff cap of 9778 haste right ?

thanks !

derp nvm ... dont get his expanations on the 1st page unsure.png

There is a chart back in this thread a bit that will give you the exact values. :)

For Zagam - any chance of linking the posted trinket rankings to first post (esp. when/if gahhda updates them in light of recent hotfixes)? This would probably (or hopefully) help with all of the "OMG WHICH ONES DO I USE" questions.

Gahhda's post is on (I believe) page 15, and the alternate format (built from his data) .docx I did is on page 17 (if you don't use mine I'm not hurt, I just found I wanted a less visually cluttered format than SimC's output and figured others might appreciate it).

Edit for better wording.

Edited by Kazistrasza

There is a chart back in this thread a bit that will give you the exact values. smile.png

maybe i didnt expressed myself well ... what i'm confused about is that, to my understanding i need a certain haste without equiping the trinket as i've read also above a few pages back on this thread ... right ? this was/is my derp moment ...

For Zagam - any chance of linking the posted trinket rankings to first post (esp. when/if gahhda updates them in light of recent hotfixes)? This would probably (or hopefully) help with all of the "OMG WHICH ONES DO I USE" questions.

Gahhda's post is on (I believe) page 15, and the alternate format (built from his data) .docx I did is on page 17 (if you don't use mine I'm not hurt, I just found I wanted a less visually cluttered format than SimC's output and figured others might appreciate it).

Edit for better wording.

Perhaps, but that's more of a Simcraft model on one target for those trinkets in BiS gear.  Trinkets' value change drastically with gear, fight style, and spec along with group strategy.  They're good for reasonable tests, but if you saw his charts, all of the trinkets were within 6k DPS of each other with a total average DPS over 300k. 

The real answer to 'what trinket do I equip' is 'the one with the higher item level.'  That should take care of most, if not all, of the questions coming in. 

maybe i didnt expressed myself well ... what i'm confused about is that, to my understanding i need a certain haste without equiping the trinket as i've read also above a few pages back on this thread ... right ? this was/is my derp moment ...

That's what the chart implies.  Having the trinket doesn't modify the actual Haste needed to gain ticks.  If you just work it backwards, you'd see that the value given on my spreadsheet is lower than what you actually need.  If you put that piece together with the piece that PBI increases your Haste by a percentage, you'd realize that chart lists the Haste you need without the trinket equipped to bring your Haste to the threshold you want with the trinket equipped.

• Like 1

Our Elemental Shaman picked up KTT from our first normal kill, but I picked up the Flex version yesterday.  I was thoroughly unimpressed with it as Destruction.  It was by far my lowest damage component, and I'm not about to replace H Wush or BBoY with KTT, especially for Destruction.  One of the Warlocks in my Flex run rolls Affliction with KTT, and his Multistrike damage is pretty high.  See here for the logs...his name is Coptic: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-e15ovq5l9nf0tzgp/

I would think that it would shift some priority into GoSac, but not so much as a gamebreaking change.  It might gain a small bit more value, but not enough to drop a Supremacy pet, especially with how valuable the Imp is in raiding.

• Like 1

That's what the chart implies.  Having the trinket doesn't modify the actual Haste needed to gain ticks.  If you just work it backwards, you'd see that the value given on my spreadsheet is lower than what you actually need.  If you put that piece together with the piece that PBI increases your Haste by a percentage, you'd realize that chart lists the Haste you need without the trinket equipped to bring your Haste to the threshold you want with the trinket equipped.

thank you, got confused and being a math square head didnt help either ... thanks again for the needed confirmation that my math insecurity generated ! laugh.png

Edited by vldsb

Our Elemental Shaman picked up KTT from our first normal kill, but I picked up the Flex version yesterday.  I was thoroughly unimpressed with it as Destruction.  It was by far my lowest damage component, and I'm not about to replace H Wush or BBoY with KTT, especially for Destruction.  One of the Warlocks in my Flex run rolls Affliction with KTT, and his Multistrike damage is pretty high.  See here for the logs...his name is Coptic: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-e15ovq5l9nf0tzgp/

I would think that it would shift some priority into GoSac, but not so much as a gamebreaking change.  It might gain a small bit more value, but not enough to drop a Supremacy pet, especially with how valuable the Imp is in raiding.

GoSup Imp over GoSac?  :( I was really liking not having to worry about my mildly retarded pets.