FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

The timer is set to 90 seconds.  The interval is still set at a maximum of 3:10, but will come before that, so you're still looking at a max around 1:30-1:40, or 90-100 seconds.  Haste no longer affects RPPM as heavily, so you won't be stacking Haste (or using this trinket, TBH).  There is no achieveable level of Haste to bring your RPPM value up to the value needed to get a 95% expectancy on a proc.  You're not going to expect to get a proc off the bat ever because of how they set the timers. 

Get the new trinkets.  They especially don't want UVLS going forward.

• Like 1

...Seriously?  Not that it matters because I've already dropped UVLS and reforged around it as soon as we killed Ra-den last night lol

• Like 1

I feel glad I don't DE my TF Normal Wushy and N Cha-Ye's for next patch.

Bad that does' not drop any Heroic Trinket in more than a month of Council and Megaera Kills.

Edited by JvChequer

It's pretty simplistic and does exactly what it says.  If you have 10,000 Haste rating and you equip the 553 version that amplifies stats by 6%, you'd then have 10,600 Haste rating.  Same with Mastery.  For Crit damage, it's calculated similarly to how Crits worked with Crit meta gems.  Crit damage modifier is x2.00.  The meta gem used to be 3% chance, but the Crit damage multiplier wasn't 2.03, it was 2.00 x 1.03 = 2.06, so it increased Crit damage by 6%.  For the Amplification proc, you'll be seeing a Crit modifier of 2.00 x 1.06 = 2.12, or a 12% increased Crit damage.  This trinket will obviously scale as your gear gets better.  It will be BiS for all caster classes.

So unlike how the 5% spell haste buff gives you 5% haste and then adds 5% of what you have from gear, it only affects your rating? Does that rating then get multiplied by the 5%? I.e., if you have 10k haste, when you raid buff that would normally go to 10500 and you'd go from 23.53% to 29.71% haste instead of 28.53%. With this trinket, would you go to 10600 then 11130 or just 11100? Then you'd be at 31.19%/31.18% and NOT go to 37.49%/37.47%, yes?

Does the mastery part of the buff affect the raid buff (i.e., do you go from 10600 to 13600 or 13780)?

Your math is clunky.  It's a percentage to the stats, not the percentages.  Do the calculation and then convert to percentages.  10600 -> 11100 is not 5% increase.  10600 -> 11130 = 5% increase.  The trinket is a 6% amplification, so what you're looking at is weird. 

The 5% Haste buff is multiplicative.  If you have 25% Haste and you get the 5% Haste buff, the calculation is done by multiplying 1.25 * 1.05 to get 1.3125, or 31.25% Haste.

Just like Haste, the Mastery buff is calculated by multiplying the rating then converting into a percentage.  So if you have 10,000 base Mastery and you get the 3,000 buff, then the trinket would amplify 13,000 by 6%.  It's just order of operations like you learned in math class.

• Like 1

I did the calculations, I'm asking which one is correct, i.e. what does or does it not stack with. The 5% spell haste also amplifies with your base spell haste (why you need 19.05% unbuffed for 25% cap and not something closer to 24%), which is what I was asking about originally--that it only buffs your rating by 6% and leaves the base alone. And still, does it also amplify the 3k mastery from raid buff or does that go in after? Order of operations gets fuzzy when you're figuring out where the parentheses are going.

In 5.4 patch for Affliction... which of the 5.3 trinkets will be better before upgrading to the new ones... Wush, Breath, Leishen, Chaye, Volatile?

Wush it's just THE trinket in 5.4. The HTF one is better than the Garrosh's trinket.

Not anymore, its changed to the way Wush works so it gets 1 stack each second, 23.5k int is huge even tho Wush has more rppm.

I anticipate Black Blood > Wush because they won't want a trinket from previous tier being better than trinkets of the new tier.  I'd expect an RPPM modification to Black Blood.  Wush will be a solid choice until you get that one.  Also, Haste > Hit.

• Like 1

Alright, lots to make note of...

Updated today (8/28) based on most current PTR release.  Iterations are getting smaller, so these values should go live.

Amplification trinket - corrected values, made upgrade suggestions

Multistrike trinket - corrected proc rates and RPPM factors

Cleave trinket - corrected proc rates

Black Blood - corrected Intellect proc and trinket information

Also, updated the 5.3 trinkets.  Some of the ptr.wowhead.com values look funky.  It shows Wush at 1.21 RPPM, Breath at 1.10 RPPM, and UVLS at 0.65 RPPM.  Wush and Breath seem pretty high...anyone got different numbers and a source to go with it?

• Like 1

I feel relief they buffed BB, even with worse RPPM than Wushy now the buff it's way better.

Btw, I feel that Immersius + multistrike trinket just make Sacrifice for affliction more desirable at higher ilvl even nerfed like it is nowadays.

Multistrike seems decent.  Grim of Sac is being nerfed to 20% in 5.4.  Grim of Sac is only good if you're tunneling one target which we didn't do in ToT and we won't be doing in SoO.  Supremacy is going to be the way to go, and Multistrike won't proc from pets.  Just like Spriests, Mages, Boomkins, and Eles shouldn't have taken UVLS from us, we shouldn't be taking Multistrike trinket from non-pet classes.  Take it if no one else wants it, because they'll put it to better use.

• Like 1

So far from my limited testing, BB seems to almost always be stacking up.. very high up time.

Curious how the proc chance works for multi strike.  How does it compare on a fast ticking small numbers spec like affliction, vs a slower but high hitting spec like destro?

Does it proc on spell hit, or spell dmg as tooltip would imply?

I'll have to get on PTR again after raid tonight and play around.  Logic would suggest its on spell dmg and not hit, or it would be very imbalanced between caster playstyle types.

Should be similar to how Tarecgosa worked.  It says in the tooltip that it'll do 33% of the damage done.  Since its a proc rate, faster, smaller hits should be equivalent in bonus damage to slower, larger hits.  Tarecgosa modeled this similarly...having a constant proc rate means no matter how you deal damage, the bonus damage will be the same. 

More targets = more Multistrike damage as long as you're hitting more targets. 

• Like 1

Is a 522 trinket always better than LFR one?

So lets say the valor trinket Volatile Talisman (522) compared to Wushoolay's (502)? 

edit; for destro warlocks.

Edited by Warbii

"Always" is a word I try to never use when it comes to RNG for various reasons.  Discussion on 5.2 and 5.3 trinkets will cease soon (from me at least), but you can't really say one way or another which is better.  Wush's 12k Intellect proc able to be snapshotted is pretty attractive, and is a lot more attractive than the 8800 Haste proc.  The static Int of VToSA is nicer than the static hit of Wush, but you care about procs, not sustained.

TL;DR: "Always" is a word that shouldn't be used with anything involving RNG. 

Also, as Destruction it doesn't really matter.  But Haste procs are poor for them.

• Like 1

So far I seem to be having best results with Amp and BB trinkets.  Aside from Multistrike not being able to proc from your pet damage, the idea of extra DMG from a proc % IMO is very close to what has always historically held Crit back as a go to stat...  RNG.

Aside from some spells scaling on Crit, you could cast 10 shadowbolts and crit on 10 of them,..do great dmg... or you could crit on none of them and gain nothing.  Haste and mastery will always scale you.

I like the static stats on BB over a chance at more dmg.  You will always have those stats for set procs, meta, other trinket, profession, lust... where as you may not get a multistrike proc when your buffs are rolling where it would really shine.

Everything above said, with zero math.. just my opinion.

comparing heroic TF 2/2 ToT trinkets with normal mode 2/2 SoO trinkets FOR AFFLICTION (I'll be doing much more tomorrow with ilvl/specs):

Multi > Blood > Wushoo > Unerring = Breath = Bindings > Chayes

Key thing to note here, the 3 middle-pack trinkets are all tied, meaning you can feel free to throw uvls in the trash if you aren't demo.

comparing heroic TF 2/2 ToT trinkets with normal mode 2/2 SoO trinkets FOR AFFLICTION (I'll be doing much more tomorrow with ilvl/specs):

Multi > Blood > Wushoo > Unerring = Breath = Bindings > Chayes

Key thing to note here, the 3 middle-pack trinkets are all tied, meaning you can feel free to throw uvls in the trash if you aren't demo.

Highly interested, last I heard the thinking on Multi was that it didn't proc off pets thus wasn't that steller for Warlock. BB/Amp BiS with cleave being situational. 

That was with gosac because I'm a tard sometimes. Gosup:

wushoo 2.0 > wushoo > multi > bindings = unerring = breath > chayes

So, for AFFLICTION ONLY, all of the 5.4 normal trinkets beat all of the heroic t15 TF trinkets other than wushoolay. The interaction between wushoo + wushoo 2.0 is just too strong for the current affli meta.

I'll be doing a full spectrum sim tonight for all the trinkets with all the talents for all the specs..should only take 58 hours rofl.

Edited by gahhda

Amp isn't that good until you approach heroic gear because the total statistic budget gained for affliction isn't that valuable. Still open to debate for the other two...need to do so much shit today sigh.