FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

Not to take from your raid leader, but here are some suggestions from a former raid leader in myself.

Never ever extend a lockout unless EVERYONE wants to do it.  If your guild is having issues with a boss, do as Rak suggested and put some time into Flex.  If you have 7/14N done, 14/14 Flex should be smooth sailing.  You'll also learn the bosses in a less stressful situation, be able to teach more people the fight, and develop strategies.  You won't get as much guaranteed loot, but each piece increases your raid's productivity and power.  There's always something to be gained by doing repeat bosses including valor, off-spec loot, and disenchanting.  Right now, you can disenchant loot from bosses you don't need, gain your Spirits of War, and high-speed crafting to put 553 pieces on your raiders where deemed most beneficial.  Spend the valor you earn upgrading those to 561 pieces.  This will be FAR more beneficial to your team than grinding Nazgrim over and over and then Malkorok over and over and then Spoils over and over...etc. 

Yeah I completely agree... although its tough when 8 or 9 out of 10 are on board with extending and you say no because you want a trinket. :)  I think the biggest contributor to wanting to extend, is that our raid group got really lucky the first 3/4 weeks of raiding with gear drops.  I mean ridiculously lucky, like you want to punch someone in the face lucky!  So now not a lot of people have any gear left to get off those early bosses.  Our holy pally picked up 6 pieces in one night from SoO, a celestials drop AND an Ordos drop, and our enhancer picked up 5 the next week, including both his weapons, so the past two weeks gear drops have been getting sharded more often than not.  Last tier, I cleaned up early... so now its my turn in the backseat :)

Our guild actually has two raid groups, one on Tue/Wed and the other Fri/Mon and then we do guild Flex runs on Thurs and Sun and we're maxed at 11/14 the moment, as wing 4 just opened.  However real life has not allowed me to join in at the start of flex runs, but I did just sign up for Open Raid and will be checking that out this weekend hopefully, I even have a coin to spare for it!

WTB Tier 16 trinket.  I'm a month in now Blizz... toss me a bone here.  No repeats of last tier in needing to wait 3+ months for UVLS to drop....

Thanks for listening to my "3 weeks with no upgrades" QQ

haha same, using bonus roll every week on immerseus, shamans, and garrosh.  Bonus rolled Lei Shen 22 times and we never saw UVLS, so I'm not expecting much though.  One of our team is still using darkmoon fair trinket, would be nice if trinket drop rates were ever raised beyond 0.5% or however ridiculously low they are.

Go into LFR and be REALLY REALLY BAD.  These types of players seem to snag the loot.

• Like 2

are we bitching about trinkets? cuz i can totally get in on this action. not a single immerseus trinket has dropped for our raid and i've bonus rolled him every single time. sad thing is 3 other casters have bonus rolled it and are already higher ilvl than me but i'm still destroying all of them on every fight. ughhh

Edited by mediocregatsby

sad thing is 3 other casters have bonus rolled it and are already higher ilvl than me but i'm still destroying all of them on every fight. ughhh

...be REALLY REALLY BAD.  These types of players seem to snag the loot.

Fix it.

So we killed shamans last night.. KTT dropped, Ele shaman(who already has PBoI) wins it, SPreist (who already has PBoI) coin rolls it... I coined 11g on my roll....*slips noose over head* #EmolockisEmo

Are you the one that doesn't have a T16 trinket?  And they rewarded the Ele Shaman with another one?  That's poor loot distribution if true.  Too many guilds wonder why their progress gets limited.  It's more often than not loot distribution.  This is likely in your case unless your Ele Shaman is just ridiculously amazing and it's better on him than you.

• Like 1

Are you the one that doesn't have a T16 trinket?  And they rewarded the Ele Shaman with another one?  That's poor loot distribution if true.  Too many guilds wonder why their progress gets limited.  It's more often than not loot distribution.  This is likely in your case unless your Ele Shaman is just ridiculously amazing and it's better on him than you.

Yeah, still empty handed.  We use a suicide list system for loot, I just happen to be on the bottom whenever the trinkets drop.  I picked up chest token on tuesday which dropped me.  I have some good gear, I just don't have a trinket yet.

Ele is a very good player and he and I are always top two dps and we're usually not separated by much (except protectors), he always wins Galakras, Sha, and sometimes Immerseus... I beat him on the others.  So it's not a wasted trinket so to speak, as he will get great use out of it and I'm still doing very well with my 530 Wush/Breath combo.  It's just agonizing seeing everyone raving about having these trinkets and I don't haz one...  Although I will say this, I'm really considering keeping Wush for as long as I can.  That trinket procs all the freakin' time for me...I had 4 procs back to back last night.

I just won PBoI tuesday and was running with breath and wushoolays as affliction. I should replace Breath first yes? This is the second week in a row it dropped for us and the mage won the first. Our ele shaman was pretty down but he is the next to win since he is the only dps caster left.

Edited by Cieron

I just won PBoI tuesday and was running with breath and wushoolays as affliction. I should replace Breath first yes? This is the second week in a row it dropped for us and the mage won the first. Our ele shaman was pretty down but he is the next to win since he is the only dps caster left.

If the hit rating on Wush isn't an issue for you, then definitely go with that.  PBI + Wush = Very good snapshot potential.

Edit:  Also, I finally used my brain and now know that 20 posts fit on a page.  So now I can stop getting frustrated when I reply to something without quotes and it goes to the next page, causing me to go back to the last page and copy the quote, then go back and edit my last post.  Yay smertness!

If it makes you feel any better, this week I coined gold on Immerseus trying to go for H PBI.  Yesterday I sat out for about 4 fights and used that time to join a flex raid that was on Dark Shaman.  I was auto-looted the boots, which were a downgrade.  I then coined the boots, they were likewise a downgrade.  I join back with my raid to do normal Dark Shaman.  KTT drops, but I want to save DKP to finish my 4-piece, so I drop my last coin and get.... gold.  Good times.  At least I didn't have to wipe my DKP pool to win the KTT.  I have lovely guildies.  smile.png

If it makes you feel any better, this week I coined gold on Immerseus for H PBI.  Yesterday I sat out for about 4 fights and used that time to join a flex raid that was on Dark Shaman.  I was auto-looted the boots, which were a downgrade.  I then coined the boots, they were likewise a downgrade.  I join back with my raid to do normal Dark Shaman.  KTT drops, but I want to save DKP to finish my 4-piece, so I drop my last coin and get.... gold.  Good times.  At least I didn't have to wipe my DKP pool to win the KTT.  I have lovely guildies.  smile.png

I think winning a cape on a bonus roll is the ultimate slap to the face. Winning Epic gold is pretty crappy too, but nothing like winning a piece of gear that would never be used since I have the legendary.  Not even something I could toy around with on my OS.  I did get my HPBI even though my PR took a nose dive (EPGP loot system).  Still running with H Wush as well which is still a solid trink.

I coined PBI in first week of the raid, it's so easy get it.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my hate, I can tell you I have lots of it. What I also have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long raiding career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you give me your PBI now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

• Like 2

Share the hate, Mea! :D I too got PBI the first week. OTOH, I also have the steaming pile that is Yu'lon's Bite for lack of something better.

The beatings will stop when morale improves. Now back to your grindstones!

I coined PBI in first week of the raid, it's so easy get it.

It dropped for my raid during week one, and I was the only DPS caster in said raid. 

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my hate, I can tell you I have lots of it. What I also have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long raiding career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you give me your PBI now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Sorry, I can't give u my trinket but I can copy/paste my Weak Aura's string to u with the image of the trinket so at least when something proc to u, u can enjoy the fake proc.

• Like 1

Sorry, I can't give u my trinket but I can copy/paste my Weak Aura's string to u with the image of the trinket so at least when something proc to u, u can enjoy the fake proc.

FireDieInIt_zps1c828a84.jpg

Don't worry Locky, we'll get it the very first week after H Garrosh goes down.

• Like 1

We should make a club for warlocks that suck at looting trinkets. No PBI nor BBoY for me yet after clearing and coining every week since release.

Our raid has seen a hundred BBoY...it's disgusting.  I'm not even sure it went to anyone since everyone has a copy.  Wish that was the case for Bindings.  All I hear is everyone getting them. 

• Like 1