FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4 Warlock (Intellect) Trinkets

TJkWi82.png

For those curious about the math.  I'll be linking this data on the first page in a cleaner format with just the thresholds listed.  Here are the down and dirty numbers.

• Like 4

For those curious about the math.  I'll be linking this data on the first page in a cleaner format with just the thresholds listed.  Here are the down and dirty numbers.

Thanks for the math. Each version providing a .4-.6% increase makes a lot more sense than every version but the LFR giving a 1% increase, which just seemed inconsistent. 

No problem.  Just saving me a lot of time in the future when people start getting this trinket and asking questions.  Now it's already done!

• Like 1

For anyone overwhelmed by all of the listings in Gahhda's post two pages back with all of the trinkets ranked by spec from sims, here's a .docx I did that's organized a little different. I've got each difficulty level (heroic, normal, "pre-raid" (flex/LFR), then ToT heroic and normal) with each trinket's WF/TF and regular versions and the rank out of 45 for each spec per trinket. I didn't include any of the 502's (aside from UVLS), and I included the 535 Yu'lon's Bite with the H ToT trinkets.

Important Caveat: This was single target, so Frenzied Crystal of Rage is obviously ranked incredibly poorly, but would do better for AoE situations.

File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmygcp62w643p32/trinkets.docx

regarding those amp breakpoints, isnt it pretty dangerous to itemize below the breakpoint and apply DOTs based on a 16% uptime effect? of course it's fine for doom but i have to imagine you'd want to just sit at a breakpoint for aff/destro than rely on the amp.

First off, I absolutely love what you guys do. I thoroughly enjoying reading the approachable and intelligent theorycrafting, and general awesomeness. I love my lock but don't really have the time to raid with a guild anymore. I do LFR and play around with alts but I still love the game and kicking ass to the best of my ability. My question regards scaling and disparity between different ilvl groups. I got the LFR amp trinket tonight which I will definitely be using. I have an LFR wush (502) and the 522 shado pan trinket to choose between and I am having a hard time in the process. I am leaning towards shado pan since it is (currently) 20 ilvls higher and that static int is lovely. Input? I suppose I should mention my damn spec...fool. I hop between destro and affliction, going through phases with each and switching for different mechanics. GIVE ME SMARTS ZAGGY.

For anyone overwhelmed by all of the listings in Gahhda's post two pages back with all of the trinkets ranked by spec from sims, here's a .docx I did that's organized a little different. I've got each difficulty level (heroic, normal, "pre-raid" (flex/LFR), then ToT heroic and normal) with each trinket's WF/TF and regular versions and the rank out of 45 for each spec per trinket. I didn't include any of the 502's (aside from UVLS), and I included the 535 Yu'lon's Bite with the H ToT trinkets.

Important Caveat: This was single target, so Frenzied Crystal of Rage is obviously ranked incredibly poorly, but would do better for AoE situations.

File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lmygcp62w643p32/trinkets.docx

Great document, thank you so much!

However, from the grouping on your tables, I don't know how to carry out the following comparison for Affliction:

1) I currently have Cha-Ye's normal (522).

2) I'm looking at replacing that with Yu-lon's Bite (535).

If I understand Ghadda's post correctly, Yulon would be an improvement over Chaye's, right?

How about that when we consider multi target bosses like Protectors?

First off, I absolutely love what you guys do. I thoroughly enjoying reading the approachable and intelligent theorycrafting, and general awesomeness. I love my lock but don't really have the time to raid with a guild anymore. I do LFR and play around with alts but I still love the game and kicking ass to the best of my ability. My question regards scaling and disparity between different ilvl groups. I got the LFR amp trinket tonight which I will definitely be using. I have an LFR wush (502) and the 522 shado pan trinket to choose between and I am having a hard time in the process. I am leaning towards shado pan since it is (currently) 20 ilvls higher and that static int is lovely. Input? I suppose I should mention my damn spec...fool. I hop between destro and affliction, going through phases with each and switching for different mechanics. GIVE ME SMARTS ZAGGY.

Glad to hear the experience you enjoy here!  For both specs, the 502 Wush will end up being better than the Volatile Talisman.  Wush has been buffed to proc twice as often and last half as long which is amazing for setting up DoTs, especially as Affliction.  For Destruction, just time your Chaos Bolts when Wush procs.  Whatever T16 trinket you pick up next, replace Wush with it.

• Like 1

Great document, thank you so much!

However, from the grouping on your tables, I don't know how to carry out the following comparison for Affliction:

1) I currently have Cha-Ye's normal (522).

2) I'm looking at replacing that with Yu-lon's Bite (535).

If I understand Ghadda's post correctly, Yulon would be an improvement over Chaye's, right?

How about that when we consider multi target bosses like Protectors?

The way you read it is to find the number for both trinkets. Yu-lon is 23 and normal Cha-Ye is 40. Both ofc for affliction. The one with the smaller number (order) is the better one, which in this case is Yu-Lon.

Would assume that for multi target the order for affliction stays pretty much the same. At least for those 2 trinkets. My personal pet peeve between those lists is that they don't take into account synergy between 2 trinkets. As an example having UVLS should make crit procs from other trinkets way worse.

Don't think so.  That's why I produced the chart.

actually i just found out it does!

I apparently have some type of luck. We had this drop last week on our first kill but our mage won it. I ended up getting it out of LFR and it still appears to be a much better replacement to the Talisman. Right now im paring it up with a 2/2 wushoo. Hopefully ill get lucky and get one out of our reg raid one of these weeks. It did help a bit tho, im currently at just under 93% mastery.

Edited by vaeevictiss

Just got the 540 Amp trinket tonight. Does your chart mean that I'll need 9533 Haste before it'll proc decently (Destro)? I just did a full Mastery forge/gemming (82.6%) last night, and would have to do a Haste forge to get there.

Edited by Caolela

For what to proc decent?  Are you talking about the Intellect proc?  The Intellect proc is an ICD proc of 115 seconds with a 15% chance on spell hit to proc after the 115 seconds is up.  Haste does nothing to this proc.

Destro doesn't use a 9778 Haste point, so I'm just not clear what you're asking. 

• Like 1

"For example, if you want the 9778 Affliction threshold with the 561 Amplification trinket, you'd need 9093 Haste to cover it."

So in the case of the Destro with a 540 version, to get the 10,124 threshold, I'd need 9533 Haste according to the chart. I'm not clear on what that means. Will the percentage of amplification be the same with less than that Haste value?

Edited by Caolela

"For example, if you want the 9778 Affliction threshold with the 561 Amplification trinket, you'd need 9093 Haste to cover it."

So in the case of the Destro with a 540 version, to get the 10,124 threshold, I'd need 9533 Haste according to the chart. I'm not clear on what that means. Will the percentage of amplification be the same with less than that Haste value?

The Amp trinket increases your 9,533 by 6.2%, making it reach the 10,124.

Edited by Wolland

k, now I feel like an idiot. lol Don't know why I was thinking something else, must have been the "need x Haste to cover it" that threw me off.

Thanks.

Sorry I just need some clarification. I have the ilvl 561 Purified Bindings of Immerseus and according to the spreadsheet I need to aim for 12774 haste rating. Should my character stat page still show 39% haste when fully raid buffed? I tried 12774 and my haste was like around 2% below that according to the stat page.

Edited by litex2x

Could you like...you know, test it?  Unequip and it and re-equip it and see if the value changes. 

The values I put up are spot on...it's simple math.

• Like 1

Could you like...you know, test it?  Unequip and it and re-equip it and see if the value changes. 

The values I put up are spot on...it's simple math.

I must be misunderstanding something or doing something wrong. Okay I'm using reforge lite to get to 12774 (12789 actual) but when I'm fully raid buff i'm not 39% haste. When I remove/add the trinket, the haste rating does go up and down. Is 12774 haste for goblins? I'm a troll.

Edited by litex2x

None of the values I put were for Goblins.  The values I put are the values you need to have BEFORE the trinket goes on.  When the trinket goes on, the Amplification effect will take you to the threshold listed.

• Like 1