Bard DPS Frequently Asked Questions — Endwalker 6.4
On this page, we go over some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Bard and playing it in Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker (Patch 6.4). As more questions are discovered, we will add answers to them on this page.
This page answers the most common questions relating to playing Bard. It will be further populated as Endwalker raises new questions.
Should I use Iron Jaws at the start and end of Raging Strikes?
No, this is not a gain. Try to use Iron Jaws once during Raging Strikes. This can be either when Raging is about to end or when your DoTs are about to fall.
Do I save Apex Arrow for buffs?
Not usually. You can use Apex Arrow 1-2 GCDs sooner or later to get it buffed. Otherwise, just use it at 100 gauge.
Should I use Refulgent Arrow in between Stormbite and Caustic Bite if it procs?
No, getting both of your DoTs up is top priority.
When do I use Raging Strikes after the opener?
Use Raging Strikes a couple of GCDs into The Wanderer's Minuet. This gives you a chance to cover more Pitch Perfect uses than an earlier Raging would.
When do I use my second and third tinctures?
Prioritize buffing Raging Strikes and Barrage with it. This damage spike is worth more than any group of party buffs.
If it lines up, you can also try to use the tincture right before an Iron Jaws. Then you can Iron Jaws again at the end, allowing you to get two runs of buffed DoTs out of it.
Should I use any macros?
Do not use a macro on any damage-dealing skill. Macros cannot be queued in advance, so you lose casts over time by using them.
You can use a party member targeting macro (such as <tt> or <2>) to help cast The Warden's Paean more smoothly.
- 25 May 2023: Updated for Patch 6.4
- 10 Jan. 2023: Updated for Patch 6.3
- 20 Sep. 2022: Updated as of Patch 6.2
- 20 Apr. 2022: Updated for Patch 6.1
- 01 Feb. 2022: Guide added.
Guides from Other Classes
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- FFXIV PLL #76 Recap - 6.4 Live Letter Part 1
- FFXIV PLL #75 Recap - 6.3 Live Letter Part 2
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- FFXIV PLL #74 Recap - 6.3 Live Letter Part 1
- Final Fantasy XIV will be in AGDQ2023 on Friday, January 13th
- FFXIV Announces Return to PAX AUS
- "Tales from the Dawn": Final Story Released