Disciples of the Hand Skills, Leveling, Gear, and Questing Guides for FFXIV Patch 6.5
This page serves as a hub for leveling content regarding your crafting classes, including basics, skills, leves, class quests, skills, and more!
Disciples of the Hand Hub
In Final Fantasy XIV, crafting is an incredibly detailed system, having its own gameplay, progression, and endgame. While optional, crafting has a range of uses, such as making endgame gear, food, and potions, as well as making it much easier to amass large quantities of gil.
There are eight crafting classes:
- Carpenter - New Gridania
- Blacksmith - Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks
- Armorer - Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks
- Goldsmith - Ul'dah Steps of Thal
- Leatherworker - Old Gridania
- Weaver - Ul'dah Steps of Thal
- Alchemist - Ul'dah Steps of Thal
- Culinarian - Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks
Each class can be unlocked from their respective guilds located in the starting cities mentioned above. You will come here for many of the future class quests, and while leveling, the material NPCs located in the guilds are invaluable for selling cheap materials for crafting.
Each class is very similar, sharing identical skills and the same gameplay mechanics. The main differences are the quests, what tools are used, and what crafts they can make. This makes crafting very much an "all or nothing" situation, needing many materials and pieces of gear from other classes to craft.
Crafting Basics in FFXIV
Crafting initially starts off fairly easily, and over time you will unlock new skills, class quests, and harder crafts. This will require a better understanding of the skills and gameplay at hand to be able to make effective rotations.
Linked below is a guide that explains all the core features of crafting:
Crafting Skills Explained
With crafting, every class has the same skills and traits to make using rotations and skills easier. The only differences are that the icons represent the tools of your active class.
Unlike battle classes, crafting classes do not have skills that directly upgrade into each other, and instead, there are several traits that simply upgrade the strength of skills as you level up to balance things out.
There are skills to increase essentially every aspect of a craft, and to an extent, every skill has a use and a value. Check out our guide below for an explanation of each skill.
Leveling Your Crafters in FFXIV
There is a wide range of methods to level your crafting classes, such as the Ishgardian Restoration, Leves, and collectables. With so many methods, some of which are daily or weekly, it can be difficult to keep track of everything needed, especially when trying to spread this across eight different classes.
Our leveling guides below take you through each expansion so you can pick it up at whatever level you are!
Specialist Crafting Classes
Specialists are essentially the equivalent of job stones unlocked at level 55 for your crafting classes. The catch however, is that you can only have 3 specialist classes at any time.
Specialists grant you additional skills, increased stats and even unique specialist only crafts.
Below is our more in-depth guide for what classes to pick, how to unlock specialists and what benefits they offer.
- 22 Mar. 2023: Guide Updated to include Specialists Section.
- 08 Mar. 2022: Guide added.
- Join the FFXIV Open Beta Test on Xbox Series X and S
- FFXIV x FFXVI Crossover Event: A Path Infernal - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- The Moogle Treasure Trove Returns to FFXIV with New Rewards and Challenges! - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- FFXIV - The Maidens Rhapsody: A Tribute to Final Fantasy XI
- FFXIV - Patch 6.55: What to Expect From Endwalkers Last Patch - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- FFXIV - New Hydaelyn and Zodiark Figure
- FFXIV - Pre-Order the New Endwalker Art Collection and Get a Zodiark Idol Minion
- FFXIV Dawntrail: Zones and Battle Content - Sponsored by Butterfinger