How To Improve As Reaper — Endwalker 6.55
On this page, we will show you some of the most common mistakes players make when playing as a Reaper DPS in Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker (Patch 6.55).
How to Improve
Always Be Casting (ABC)
A good way to improve your damage is to make sure you are always dealing damage. Keep your global cooldown rolling and use ranged abilities if you are unable to be in range of the boss.
Maintain Melee Uptime
Try to maximize the time you are in range of a boss; most ranged DPS spells you have to use will cost you some amount of damage. It is always smarter to play safe, as dying is a massive DPS loss, but as you are learning a fight try to learn where you can get extra uptime.
Hit Your Positionals
Reaper will only have to do about 10 positionals every 2 minutes, so try to use them at the right time. Unlike other jobs you have a bit more wiggle room when you use your positionals. Furthermore, utilizeif necessary.
Recovering from Death
Whenever you accept a resurrection, do not do any attacks unless you know there is incoming damage; give the healers some time to heal you up. Also, make sure that Death's Design is still on the enemy when you start engaging them again.
It is no big deal ifis up but you do not have enough resources to burst. Make sure that you Arcane Circle on time in order to align it with raid buffs. The you get from it will always allow you to Enshroud once into raid buffs.
Analyze Your Logs
You may be making some minor mistakes that could increase your DPS. It is highly recommended to use a website like XIV Analysis to see what mistakes you could improve on.
- 19 Jan. 2024: Reviewed for 6.55.
- 14 Oct. 2023: Updated for Patch 6.5.
- 27 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 6.4.
- 11 Jan. 2023: Updated for Patch 6.3
- 20 Apr. 2022: Updated for Patch 6.1
- 02 Dec. 2021: Guide added.
- Join the FFXIV Open Beta Test on Xbox Series X and S
- FFXIV x FFXVI Crossover Event: A Path Infernal - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- The Moogle Treasure Trove Returns to FFXIV with New Rewards and Challenges! - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- FFXIV - The Maidens Rhapsody: A Tribute to Final Fantasy XI
- FFXIV - Patch 6.55: What to Expect From Endwalkers Last Patch - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- FFXIV - New Hydaelyn and Zodiark Figure
- FFXIV - Pre-Order the New Endwalker Art Collection and Get a Zodiark Idol Minion
- FFXIV Dawntrail: Zones and Battle Content - Sponsored by Butterfinger