FORUMS
Damien

Basic Rogue Deck

Guest Bregor

If i may suggest. Goblin Auto-Barber is good card to switch Raptor with it, just in case you will get it somewhere.

Guest leathergloves

I was very skeptical before I build this deck with the recommended card swaps except 2 x SI:7 Agents. I was so cocky, as I have a few rare and common cards, that I tried my deck for a few runs firsts. Loses were painful and I apologize and eat humble pie by building your recommended deck.

I started to test run your Rogue deck being a noob at Rogue. To my surprise, I won my 1st game and subsequently, most of the daily quest for 5 Rogue games and cast 40 spells. Some of the opponents with legendaries (not from Naxx) fell flat to this deck.

I went back to re-analyse the deck and realised quite a few critical success factors:

1. Card Draw Mechanism - Total of 9 (with a fail-save Sprint at 7 mana). Almost self-replacing.
  2. Excellent Mana Curve - Even at mana 0 & 1, I can play something and combo e.g. Assassin's Blade/Wicked Knife + Deadly Poison. The players without weapon destroying cards or who has used up are pretty much screwed. I usually test them with a vanilla Wicked Knife first.
  3. Low Mana Curve - Players who reserved their removal cards for turns 7 to 10 expecting legendaries are pretty much dead then. My highest minion being 6 mana crystals. I usually kill my opponents before turn 10.
  4. Excellent Tempo - My removal cards and weapons were so effective that I have Assassinate and Sap reserved for their Taunts and Legendaries. The pressure on their heroes was so much that some players actually made mistakes by hitting my heroes while they can clear my minions.

I have even won some much dreaded mech mages (luckily they do not have the perfect draws). The most problematic being Priests due to their shadow words removal and this deck has not many 4 attack minions. I only tried to use my Shattered Sun Cleric to try to boost their attack stats of some minions to 4 and use my weapons and deadly poison to kill their Cleric to reduce their card draws. I was playing casual but who knows...

Guest leathergloves

Forgot to include one more critical success factor. Most of the minions are vanilla, not boosted by spells and < 6 mana. So they are not susceptible to counter minion battlecries such as Owls, Spellbreakers, BGH, TBK, BloodKnight.

Guest Øyvind

Hi, and thanks for your awesome decks! If I have two Blade Flurries, I'm thinking that these should somehow be included in this deck to improve it's AoE ability. What should I remove to make room for them? And should I?

Guest Guest

Just one in place of a Raptor is probably good, you don't really need two unless you're playing Tinker Oil.

Thanks once again! Very helpful advice indeed! I simply love your site!

Guest Reka

After using this Deck , my winning chance much higher, but sometime when the draw is suck its very hard. You should change some higher mana minion to lower cost(1-3 mana). overall its very good deck

After using this Deck , my winning chance much higher, but sometime when the draw is suck its very hard. You should change some higher mana minion to lower cost(1-3 mana). overall its very good deck

I'm happy with the curve of the deck, lowering it any more will lead to you running out of steam too often.

Guest anonymous

Just tried this in the June '15 season and this deck is unusable. It doesn't have enough oomph to get past all the taunts people play, nor does it have enough high value removal and bombs to do anything mid/late game.

I would suggest avoiding this deck completely.

Just tried this in the June '15 season and this deck is unusable. It doesn't have enough oomph to get past all the taunts people play, nor does it have enough high value removal and bombs to do anything mid/late game.

You do realize this is a basic only deck, right? The "high value removals" cannot really be included in a basic deck.. Because they are not basic.

Guest Sd

Funny, it's June 2015 and I'm staying with this deck...

Guest steve

this basic deck doesnt reach 17-15 it barely works in under 20 

Guest battie31

I think that u should save deadly poison for turn 6 as u could use it with Assasins blade to get 5-7 damage and the blade can last longer than the wicked blade but yess we can use the wicked blade and just use one deadly poison on it and save the other one for assasin blade 

this basic deck doesnt reach 17-15 it barely works in under 20 

Every time I see someone make a comment like this, I just want to bet them I can hit the rank they say is impossible and laugh my way to the bank.

Guest Dagan

If I have block rock mountain what cards should I swap in? Or are there no beificial cards for this deck in BRM?

Guest rOents

Hey there,

at first i also want to thank you for this deck/guide, it works pretty well for a basic only deck im terms of fulfilling the "2 or 5 wins" quests. Nonetheless i am looking for some improvements for this deck by the cards i already own, mainly minions and single adventure cards, since i disenchant all the rogue cards^^.

Right now i am thinking about to change the Geomancer with the Bloodmage but i cant decide between an extra card draw on the one side and a slightly stronger minion at the other. Is there a "correct" decision or is it just situationel?

Guest Guest

I have questions on how to upgrade further:

I have done the Naxx replacements. I have also swapped 1xSI:7 Agent for 1xRazorfen Hunter.

I also was wondering how I could fit 2xTinkers Sharpsword Oil, 1xGoblin Auto Barber?

Some other note worthy cards: 1xEviscerate, 1xDefias Ringleader (if they are viable in this deck)

Cut 1 Senjin for 1 Oil, cut the two Bloodfen for the Auto Barber and the Defias, cut one Shiv for the Evis.

I wouldn't play both Oils in a deck that doesn't have Preparation.

Guest Staffz

Thank you for the tips, this is a great site to all us noobs.

Guest Staffz

Cut 1 Senjin for 1 Oil, cut the two Bloodfen for the Auto Barber and the Defias, cut one Shiv for the Evis.

I wouldn't play both Oils in a deck that doesn't have Preparation.

Ok but I already cut the 2 Bloodfens for the Haunted Creepers, do you think the Auto barber and Defias are better than the two creepers?

I really appreciate these decks by the way, great site.

Guest Mko

Sorry, doesn't work for me (I'm a very unlucky gamer in general).

If you're like me, you'll just end up with unplayable hands, like 6 cards in hand, 0 minion in hand or on the board, or only high mana cards early game...

Constantly clearing the board is possible if you finally get descent cards draws, but you'll just end up doing no damage to the hero.

I just ended a very long game against a warrior, we both had only 2 cards left to draw: I lost, he had 30hp + 16 armor. Ridiculous.

Now I played against a warlock, he was afk, almost playing no cards, reaches 10 hp then destroys me in 2 turns.

I don't think I'm playing against pro gamers nor legend decks, only rank 20... 5 games, 5 loss, not even close to victory once.

Avoid this deck unless you are ready for 0% fun and 100% frustration. I'd advise to have a look at spell based decks, they are a bit less frustrating than this deck, but at least it's way more fun.

Kudos for advising beginners though, just doesn't work at all for me, cheers.

Guest Jillwiches

so im guessing eviserate and cold blood are not in the deck for the same reason sinister strike isnt? also any recommendation with auto barber, gang up, sabotage, head crack?