FORUMS
Damien

Basic Rogue Deck

Guest Kitsune

Is it worth swapping in Betrayal for anything? Thanks for the guide :) I've used them all to get me going, they're really handy!

so im guessing eviserate and cold blood are not in the deck for the same reason sinister strike isnt? also any recommendation with auto barber, gang up, sabotage, head crack?

Evis and Cold Blood are not in the deck because they are not basic cards, and this is a Basic only deck. Evis is an excellent card and should definitely go in, Goblin Auto Barber too, but the other cards you mentioned are all weak.

Is it worth swapping in Betrayal for anything? Thanks for the guide smile.png I've used them all to get me going, they're really handy!

Betrayal is too situational and relies on multiple minions being in play on your opponent's side, this deck is already very efficient at keeping their board clear.

Guest DingDong

Add me to the list of players who bats well under 0.500 with this deck. Assuming its player error as hinted at in other responses, perhaps its less the deck than not enough hints in the instructions. One pattern I notice is that even when I'm keeping the board clear, I'm doing it at the expense of taking damage (because attacking enemy minions with my weapon.) It may be "efficient" but the fact is I'm taking damage and my opponent isn't.

Although I'll also say other than my own, I feel I've seen next to no other basic-only decks in the 20-15 bracket. Maybe expecting my deck to be more efficient just isn't realistic.

I mean, there will be a point where full budget decks will outclass you and that can definitely be a thing, but it's healthier to assume that you're losing because of play errors and trying to work out how to improve.

Built this deck, lost 5 games in a row, deleted the deck.

Now where is the problem? I assume you are playing the deck wrong. Rogue is probably the hardest class for beginners and you are apparently one of them. If you gave me more specific informations, I would be able to help you. This way you are not achieving anything.

Guest smiley

Hey, I just want to share you my match that just happened.
i played whit this deck, and i had about 23 health, the mage had 3, than (s)he came out with that indiana jones card, and healed up to 30 again...
i continued playing, and in the last turn, i had 0 cards, the other player had 10 more, and i won with 17 health. biggrin.png
thank you.

Guest Miki

"The Rogue Hero Power is able to deal 2 damage over the course of 2 turns, which makes it compare very favourably to other classes" - its no true. Mana cost is 2.

"The Rogue Hero Power is able to deal 2 damage over the course of 2 turns, which makes it compare very favourably to other classes" - its no true. Mana cost is 2.

Just like every other classes' hero powers cost 2 mana as well. However, Dagger up lets you deal 2 damage while other's like Fireblast, and the druid hero power deals only one damage. Thus, for them 2 damage would mean 4 mana, whilst for rogues it is only 2 mana.

Guest Ramin

hi thank you for deck ! i wanted to say that i am new to hearthstone and i wanted to rouge become my main class . iam starting with basic deck . but i also have some cards that are from packs i opened . can i include them in this deck somehow ?! ( i added 2 si7 agents that i got from packs ) i have 2 evil heckler 2 defias leaderring and 1 conceal  and 1 goblin auto barber 2 shadow step . i getting dust for more decks from rouge so a little help here can really be good ! TNX

Guest Clyde Frog

The strategy of using your hero power on minions doesnt work at all for me. Played a few games now with this deck, and in about 3 turns I'm 12 health down (self inflicted with the dagger used on minions) and dont have any advantage on the board.

Exactly how are you supposed to do this without committing suicide?

Played this deck few times now and the strategy of using ur hero power on minions doesnt work at all for me. Within 3 turns I am about 12 health down (selfinflicted with dagger on enemy minions), don't have any advantage on the board, opponent at full health and by then able to play minions that I can't get rid of coz of the disadvantage I built up.

Exactly how are you supposed to play this without committing suicide?

The strategy of using your hero power on minions doesnt work at all for me. Played a few games now with this deck, and in about 3 turns I'm 12 health down (self inflicted with the dagger used on minions) and dont have any advantage on the board.

Exactly how are you supposed to do this without committing suicide?

Played this deck few times now and the strategy of using ur hero power on minions doesnt work at all for me. Within 3 turns I am about 12 health down (selfinflicted with dagger on enemy minions), don't have any advantage on the board, opponent at full health and by then able to play minions that I can't get rid of coz of the disadvantage I built up.

Exactly how are you supposed to play this without committing suicide?

Knowing when to use face to deal damage is crucial. Rogue has the most complicated usage of hero power. If you don't use it when you should, you will start to lose board control (or not have it at all). If you use it when you should not do so, you lose health quickly without accomplishing anything. You can either play a lot to know when to attack or you can watch streams and videos.

• Like 1

Knowing when to use face to deal damage is crucial. Rogue has the most complicated usage of hero power. If you don't use it when you should, you will start to lose board control (or not have it at all). If you use it when you should not do so, you lose health quickly without accomplishing anything. You can either play a lot to know when to attack or you can watch streams and videos. 

Ok Thanks for the advice, will watch some video's to try to improve skills.

I'm having some issue winning games with this at level 20. I think I'm 2 in 6 or something right now.

Could this have something to do with people trying to get back to their level? Basically what I'm asking is if it's a thing that in the beginning of the month there will be higher level players coming through my level.

I do think the deck works though, but, since I'm a new player, I also get the feeling that it's a good deck to learn about when to use weapons etc.

I'm having some issue winning games with this at level 20. I think I'm 2 in 6 or something right now.

Could this have something to do with people trying to get back to their level? Basically what I'm asking is if it's a thing that in the beginning of the month there will be higher level players coming through my level.

I do think the deck works though, but, since I'm a new player, I also get the feeling that it's a good deck to learn about when to use weapons etc.

The ranks are resetted, and players from higher ranks were sent back to rank 20 or so. Just wait a week or two.

Yes, basic rogue is the most complex basic deck. I had difficulties using my resources carefully, and sometimes I still do. Learning step by step is in my opinion the best approach here. Play some other decks so you know how to trade better and recognise opponent's deck. After you learn the basics, start playing rogue to learn how to manage resources (including your weapon).

Guest YoungKhalifa

So with the new expansion:

What needs to be changed in this deck to make it a good standard deck? Regarding the card swaps suggested, obvious replacements of Cards with cards from the new expansion, etc.

What are your thoughts on this?

So with the new expansion:

What needs to be changed in this deck to make it a good standard deck? Regarding the card swaps suggested, obvious replacements of Cards with cards from the new expansion, etc.

What are your thoughts on this?

The deck is basic. If there are cards from expansions, it isn't basic deck anymore.

It is a basic deck and there are way too many possible improvements to actually be written down.

What cards from the league of explorers expansion should be added to this deck? I changed both raptors for 2 huge toad and one yeti to include Elise Starseeker? 
 Any other changing more like an improvement on this deck strategy feels like just changing it. For better or worse i yet do not know.

12 hours ago, marcostark said:

What cards from the league of explorers expansion should be added to this deck? I changed both raptors for 2 huge toad and one yeti to include Elise Starseeker? 
 Any other changing more like an improvement on this deck strategy feels like just changing it. For better or worse i yet do not know.

Elise Starseeker in place of Chillwind YetiHuge Toads in place of Bloodfen Raptors, Tomb Pillager in place of one Chillwind Yeti and one Shattered Sun Cleric, and Unearthed Raptor in place of 1 Shattered Sun Cleric and 1 Razorfen Hunter. You don't have to keep Unearthed Raptor in your hand just to copy a deathrattle - you can play him on turn 3 just because of its high minion value.

Considering even the low budget Rogue deck costs 3k dusts, I wonder when the Rogue standard cheap deck comes out, or some card swap update including TGT/LOE/WOTG cards in all these basic decks. Always using your decks and loving them, thanks for your work!

Guest Trennung

Hello all, first time poster here. Would like to thank the maker of this deck and everyone involved in the comments for the tips and tricks.

As a fairly new player to Hearthstone, I'm enjoying this deck. I have, however, been trying to improve it and I'd like to know if my choices made any sense or not.

Firstly, I've added 2 Swashburglars to the deck. The allow me to play on first turn while often giving me some great cards. Continueing on the pirate theme, I've also included 2 Bloodsail Raiders as they work well with my weapon + Deadly Poison. I can often get a 5/3 out by turn 3.

I've also added two Deadly Forks instead of two Assassin's Blades and replaced the Boulderfist Ogres with 1 Stranglethorn Tiger and 1 Ravenholdt Assassin. My reasoning behind these changes is that 2 minions with 2 weapon cards are better than just 2 weapon cards (nice durability, though) and the fact that my high cost minions are stealthed ('protected' ) for the final kill. Thoughts on this?

Lastly, I've also added a Prince Malchezaar, mostly for fun. I know that consistency is almost always better, but as I'm new to this game I only have the Kara legendaries. Bad move in the long run?

To summarize:

Things I removed:

1. Bloodfen Raptor x2
  2. Boulderfist Ogre x2
  3. Assassin's Blade x2
  4. Shattered Sun Cleric x2
  5. Razorfen Hunter x1

Things I included:

1. Swashburglar x2
  2. Bloodsail Raider x2
  3. Deadly Fork x2
  4. Stranglethorn Tiger x1