FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Legendary Midrange/Aggro Hunter GvG

If you're running two (or more secrets) and one Mad Scientist, you are twice as likely to draw a Secret as you are a Scientist. You want to draw the Scientist and not the Secrets in order to get the benefit.

I'd probably cut one Gnome, even if you're keeping Undertaker, the importance of the super broken Undertaker starts isn't as high as it used to be, so you can afford to play less 1-drops.

Sottle, how would you recommend altering this deck for the current meta? I've dropped a few ranks cuz i haven't been able to build any momentum with it. You mentioned in your recent meta analysis that Hunter are very weak in the current meta. How do I keep going & power through with this deck? Would I have to turn it into a control deck?

Edited by KevinGarnett

Guest Stauffe

What do you think of replacing Loatheb with The Black Knight? I feel that enemy taunts hurt this deck more than enemy spells, but I also don't have much experience with it yet.

Guest Mcgregor

This deck brought me to rank 9 really fast, i replace boom with kel'thuzad and sergeant with stampeding kodo

why freezing trap, and not another trap?

Freezing Trap is the best for Tempo, lets you ignore tricky minions like Piloted Shredder and simply push aggressively to face.

What do you think of replacing Loatheb with The Black Knight? I feel that enemy taunts hurt this deck more than enemy spells, but I also don't have much experience with it yet.

It seems reasonable, but Loatheb is really strong with this deck, just as a proactive minion that you can drop, you don't want to be holding too many situational cards with this deck. Loatheb also functions to protect your board once you've established pressure.

Guest Deathworld

Can i put some tech cards like Harrison Jones and BGH in? And which card i should swap for them.

Hunter generally doesn't need them, you have Hunter's Mark to deal with big minions, and if your opponent is taking damage to remove your minions with weapons, you're not too bothered. Since the deck is low on card draw, you want to be drawing an impactful play on every turn in an ideal world, so drawing a card like BGH or Harrison that you need to hold will generally slow you down too much.

Guest Bubbleson

How about replacing Dr. Boom with KT?

Guest Torezz

Could be Emperor Thaurissan included in this deck? 

Guest NightClaw

I want to include 2 Quick shot as well as a snake trap to synergize with Knife Juggler but i'm hesitant about the replacements. What would you suggest ?

Guest Petter

I want to include 2 Quick shot as well as a snake trap to synergize with Knife Juggler but i'm hesitant about the replacements. What would you suggest ?

Replace quick shots with one savannah highmane and one hunters mark. As for the snake trap I wouldn't recommend it because you'll get more control with the freezing traps as it is.

Guest Pete D'Hondt

This deck is fantastic. I'm winning so much more with this deck but I read you're strat/explanations of which cards work together and Knife Juggler/Unleash the Hounds when they have at least two minions up just messes with them and helps you clear the board or go to the face.

Pulling Dr. Boom out in the late rounds is just unfair!!!

Yep...I'm lovin this deck!!!!

Thanx so much!

Guest molarbear#1133

A Kel'Thuzad would be good in this deck?

Not particularly, If you already have a big board you want to be pushing damage, getting the value trades with KT doesn't really fit with the theme.

Guest CarlosRdd

Would adding at least 2 to 3 more traps be better for control? I find adding in Misdirection and explosive will make the most out of mad scientist since having your freeze go off on a 2/1 isn't really worth the trap.  

It works the other way in practice, adding more traps means that you will draw the traps more often than the Scientists, which is very poor for Tempo. You want your traps to come from Scientist almost always, playing them from the hand is almost never particularly strong.

Guest Giulius80

Hi, have you considered adding Hungry Dragon?

it is a much solid 4 mana drop which could go for "Houdmaster" and/or Piloted Shredder" and it synergies well with "Unleash The Hounds".

I also replaced "Abusive Sergeant" with Timber Wolf as it doubles the effectiveness of unleash the hounds and works very well with "Savannah Highmane" and the Hyenas from its deathrattle.

I don't particularly like Hungry Dragon in this deck because Hunter doesn't have a way to deal one damage often enough. The best decks for Hungry Dragon are things like Rogue where you can reliably poke down most 1-drop summons with a Dagger.

Guest Pattu

In S12 i had my own kind of Mid-range/Contol Hunter with pretty much the basic cards and a few cards from Packs (Glaivezooka, 1 Highmane, 1 Explosive Trap, 1 Unleah the Hounds and a Gahz'rilla and some Neutrals like the Owl or Piloted Shredder, additionally 2 Creepers and 2 Webspinners) as i only played for a month or so (tho I still think for a month the deck is/was decent). I played stuff like Multi-Shot and Arcane Shot for board control, and tried to buff minions with Houndmaster/Timber Wolf just to give you an idea how I tried to achieve something with the stuff I had.
However, i did it to rank 12 that season and was quite proud of it, as it is within the top 15% players.

So now to your deck. As I already had some stuff, I decided to craft Face Hunter and later this deck.

Important to mentionm I miss Mad Scientist (440 gold to go for the wing) and also Quick shot (as you used it in your other version and it's needed in Face) and Boom/Leeroy as they are Legendaries.

With face Hunter i only got to rank 15, max 14 so I tried this deck today. And yeah, what shall i say?

0-7 yet. Against pretty much everything. Warlock Zoo, Warrior, Face Hunter, Paladin, Mech Mage, even a just-throw-cards-together-that-I-have-Shaman and dropped to rank 18 with a deck which should be able to achieve Legend...

Card Swaps:
Gahz'rilla for Boom
For Scientist (I know how important he is, he's high priority atm) i tried various thing: Tracking, Glaivezooka, Acidic Ooze, Loot Hoarder, even Annoy-o-tron to survive early.
But whatever I try i feel like I simply can't survive in early and even if I do quite well in early, I can't pressure mid at all...

Mostly i can't do any favorable trades before turn 4. Best thing I achieved there was killing a Spirit Wolf with Eaglehorn Bow or Freeze Trapping something to throw my opponent back at least a bit. Webspinner and Creeper dont do any pressure I feel and Juggler just gets killed instanly everytime. When finally reaching turn 4-5-6 and being able to play the better minons like Shredder, Sludge and Highmane the early board advantage of my opponent is simply enough to clear them without any problems.
I can't imagine that this is only because i miss Scientist...
And there wasnt any Situation in which i couldve used a Boom because I was basically miles behind if not even dead on turn 7...

What could I possibly do wrong and try to improve?

I can't imagine that this is only because i miss Scientist...

It's a much bigger deal than you think.

Say your opponent plays their 2 drop, you play Scientist to trade with it. They trade, and you get a Freezing Trap for free, in the meantime they have played their 3 drop. That 3 drop is essentially dead, leaving you to play Animal Companion on an essentially empty board and take the tempo.

Guest Mad Toaster

Can you substitute dr balanced with ragnaros? i sadly dont have him yet

Sign in to follow this