FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Oregorger

Question regarding Acid Torrent. In this guide, it seems to imply that Acid Torrent specifically targets the player closest to the boss who then automatically gets hit by it. However, in other guides I've read, it states that Acid Torrent actually targets a random ranged member, and the tank who's absorbing the hit has to run to be in between the boss and the ranged. Please can you confirm which is correct?

Edited by SingingPaladin

Guest Luminai

Did this last night, what happens is a random ranged member is targeted. When this happens you need a tank to be between the boss and that ranged. The tank soaking needs to be the closest person to Oregorger in order to get hit. Now, the slightly tricky part is that when the ranged member is targeted, it creates a cone coming out from the boss. What this means is if the tank soaking is too far to the left or right, he will not soak.

One pull our resto druid got one shot because we had no tank or me lee in that cone which meant that the druid was the "closest" at that moment.

Guest Guest

Just a helpful tip is that oregorger will only stop when he hits an obstacle that isn't touching the wall. So essentially the island like obstacles in the middle of the room that have wood around them, he'll just turn when he runs into the outside walls. Just something I noticed while watching him while I was dead.

Guest Briony

In 6.1, the tooltip text for Acid Torrent has been updated to state: Sprays a cone of acid at a  random ranged foe, inflicting 500,000 Physical damage to the closest player and increasing that player's damage taken from Acid Torrent by 500,000 for 20 sec. All other targets take up to 300,000 Nature damage reduced by the closest player's total damage mitigation. 100 yd range. Instant.

I wonder if the raid-wide damage would be zero'd out if a Mage Ice Blocked as the closest player? 100% damage mitigation...

We had an error in how we described the Acid Torrent ability, but that is now edited in the guide. We were saying that it just shot a cone that hit the closest player, and it dealt damage to the raid based on that, but the cone is actually targeted a ranged raid member, and then it hits the closest player (and only the closest player, the "cone" itself is harmless). This means that in practice, nothing much changes, but it is advised to tank the boss facing all the ranged raid members so he never turns randomly to face someone; this way, the tank who is between the raid and the boss will always be in the cone, and also be closest.

Guest freakybiach

on the wall there is a ore you can click , when clicked it gives you a special action bar that allows you to put a volitile node in the middle of a track that only blows up when the boss hits it and does a good amount of damage to the boss i tried this when my guild did it on norm and it took 2% health off him

on the wall there is a ore you can click , when clicked it gives you a special action bar that allows you to put a volitile node in the middle of a track that only blows up when the boss hits it and does a good amount of damage to the boss i tried this when my guild did it on norm and it took 2% health off him

Any screenshot/video of this?

Guest max

Phase 2 does have a set pattern and can be manipulated to ensure no-one gets hit and he ends up in the same place he started.

Once he hits a wall, Oregorger will stop. He can only go left or right at this point, and he will favor the direction that has unboxed ore.

An easy and repeatable phase 2 strategy that has worked each attempt for myself can be seen here.

This strategy requires heavy ranged dps.