FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Redfella

Redfella's Unholy Necroticblight WeakAuras

Excellent WA mate! 

Just noticed something. According to Skullflower, you should only extend NP duration to match UB's cooldown. Your WA rotation keeps suggesting FeS after you have already matched UB's cooldown, increasing its duration way longer than UB.

Excellent WA mate! 

Just noticed something. According to Skullflower, you should only extend NP duration to match UB's cooldown. Your WA rotation keeps suggesting FeS after you have already matched UB's cooldown, increasing its duration way longer than UB.

After you've matched the CD you continue to use FeS only when you have Blood and Frost runes you want to convert to Death runes. Those newly created Death runes will then be used for SS spamming.

• Like 1

Great job Redlok!

Tried it a few times now but it sometimes seems to get stuck with no suggestions.

Spamming SS seems to solve it for now tho.

Would also love to have BT in there :)

Edited by VRDRF

Fastbrek: As Elsinore explained, Blood & Frost runes are still used on FeS after the cooldowns match, since that's the best thing you can use them on to convert them to death runes.

Great job Redlok!

Tried it a few times now but it sometimes seems to get stuck with no suggestions.

Spamming SS seems to solve it for now tho.

Would also love to have BT in there smile.png

BT will be included once current iteration is 100% bugfree.

When you got stuck with no suggestions, did you have BF runes or Death runes (in BFslots)? Can you recall your NP duration and UB cd duration?

This info is crucial for me to spot logic mistakes in the trigger rules. :)

i tested this yesterday in Mythic Brackenspore, and i have another suggestion to make.

The weak aura will continue to ask you to use FeS on D rune until you get the NP time above UB CD, but as mentioned in skullflower guide you only really need to use FeS on D rune 2/3 times depending on your haste rating. This observation is correct.

i have 1.2k Haste currently in my gear, and i was able to keep NP on Brackenspore only using 3 FeS on D rune before changing to normal ST rotation.

• Like 1

i tested this yesterday in Mythic Brackenspore, and i have another suggestion to make.

The weak aura will continue to ask you to use FeS on D rune until you get the NP time above UB CD, but as mentioned in skullflower guide you only really need to use FeS on D rune 2/3 times depending on your haste rating. This observation is correct.

i have 1.2k Haste currently in my gear, and i was able to keep NP on Brackenspore only using 3 FeS on D rune before changing to normal ST rotation.

So what you mean is that we don't really need to match the duration, just get close to matching it? I thought about this myself and been doing some groundwork on it already. I think it could easily work like this:

1) Prioritize Death runes on FeS until 3 FeS away from matching UB CD

2) Prioritize Death for Scourge Strike

3) Emergency status: If Unholy Blight Cooldown is higher than 15 seconds and your Necrotic Plague duration is under 15 seconds, prioritize Death runes for FeS until UB CD is matched.

Other thing I've been wondering is that with NP rotation we mostly have a "main target" where it is important not to let NP fall off. It would be pretty nice to get a warning if NP is about to fall off on main target while we're hammering away on a big add or similar, so I've been thinking to add a Focus target NP tracker into the Status Helper that would alert us visually if focus target NP falls under 15 seconds, but only if Unholy Blight is not available around the time NP would fall off.

Edited by Redlok

the way i did it yesterday was sort of like this:

- Pre-pot

- Outbreak (while moving to boss),

- Garg

- UB

- 1 x FeS

- 1 x SS

- 1 x FeS

- 1 x SS

- 6 x SS to take advantage of Procs and Pot

- 1 x FeS

- 1 x SS

- 1 x FeS

- 1 x SS

the next 2 FeS would be used on D runes, then swap back to normal ST Rotation.

this was enough to keep NP on boss till UB was back from CD, and if i messed up somewhere, cause of movement i could just use another set of D runes (just 1) on FeS just to keep my timer correct.

i also saved ERW for "oh Shit, i fucked up big time" moments

Our normal ST rotation will provide enough FeS + the 2/3 i mentioned above to reach UB CD with no problem, providing you have enough Haste

Edited by Lusitan

So what you mean is that we don't really need to match the duration, just get close to matching it? I thought about this myself and been doing some groundwork on it already. I think it could easily work like this:

1) Prioritize Death runes on FeS until 3 FeS away from matching UB CD

this would be a DPS loss i think and overuse of FeS

Hey so I tried added the WAs and the following happened,

All my older weakauras imports dissapeared. I used strorms WAs for frost 2H and it worked just fine until I tried importing the strings for unholy given here. 

Now my weakauras are broken and I do not know how to fix it. I tried installing again as well as deleting the WAs files from my WTF as well as the WTF folder as a whole but I still cannot get it to work.

Is there anyone with similar issues or even the same problem that has found a solution?

Hey so I tried added the WAs and the following happened,

All my older weakauras imports dissapeared. I used strorms WAs for frost 2H and it worked just fine until I tried importing the strings for unholy given here. 

Now my weakauras are broken and I do not know how to fix it. I tried installing again as well as deleting the WAs files from my WTF as well as the WTF folder as a whole but I still cannot get it to work.

Is there anyone with similar issues or even the same problem that has found a solution?

This is a known problem in WA import. If the import bugs out, it will end up corrupting your WeakAuras.lua settings file (found under WTF, not Interface). You need to delete the two WeakAuras savefiles under the SavedVariables folder and re-import your strings.

Alternative workaround if you see an error when importing is to open task manager and force close WoW process, so the game wont save corrupted WA settings.

In the future, backup your WTF smile.png

Edit: I've had this happen on my Druid twice when importing Lappes boomkin stuff. smile.png

Edited by Redlok

the way i did it yesterday was sort of like this:

- Pre-pot

- Outbreak (while moving to boss),

- Garg

- UB

- 1 x FeS

- 1 x SS

- 1 x FeS

- 1 x SS

- 6 x SS to take advantage of Procs and Pot

- 1 x FeS

- 1 x SS

- 1 x FeS

- 1 x SS

the next 2 FeS would be used on D runes, then swap back to normal ST Rotation.

this was enough to keep NP on boss till UB was back from CD, and if i messed up somewhere, cause of movement i could just use another set of D runes (just 1) on FeS just to keep my timer correct.

i also saved ERW for "oh Shit, i fucked up big time" moments

Our normal ST rotation will provide enough FeS + the 2/3 i mentioned above to reach UB CD with no problem, providing you have enough Haste

Perhaps I could rework the triggers in this way:

1) Unholy Blight

2) With UB cooldown, trigger priority for FeS for the next 20 seconds (so we end up using 4 death runes for two extra FeS)

2) Prioritize Death for Scourge Strike
3) Emergency status: If Unholy Blight Cooldown is higher than 15 seconds and your Necrotic Plague duration is under 15 seconds, prioritize Death runes for FeS until UB CD is matched

This way matching the CDs would happen late in rotation, and we avoid "overshooting" NP duration with the regular BF FeS that happen every second rune rotation.

What do you think Lusitan?

From Skulls guide:

The Necroticblight playstyle revolves around extending the duration of NP to match or exceed the cooldown time remaining on Unholy Blight. With normal Festering Strike usage and average haste rating, you will only need to cast 1-2 additional FeS on death runes. To avoid extending NP excessively, you should wait until the disease is within 10 seconds from expiring to consider using death runes on FeS. While under the effects of heroism/bloodlust, you do not need to worry about extending NP.

So basicly that should mean:

-Only use Death runes on  FeS when NP is < 10

-No FeS when Hero/bloodlust is active.

source:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bmw_9ZvCBNcD79APeHiZ3Nj-M1z1N2v28fqRlKmigO8/preview?sle=true#

Edited by VRDRF
  • Like 1

From Skulls guide:

So basicly that should mean:

-Only use Death runes on  FeS when NP is < 10

-No FeS when Hero/bloodlust is active.

source:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bmw_9ZvCBNcD79APeHiZ3Nj-M1z1N2v28fqRlKmigO8/preview?sle=true#

No FeS is already true during Hero and STR pot.

The rest is pretty spot on and similar to what we ended up discussing with Lusitan I believe, just that I felt 15 seconds to be a bit better (admittetly worse in terms of dps) emergency point, so that there is sufficent leeway during bossfights where you might have to run out of it's range for a while and might potentially be late.

Edited by Redlok

It will never be perfect because of mechanics so I doubt you will get it perfect ;)

I would go with a sweet spot of 12 seconds I think, just in between to minimize.

Also, BT might help loads here I think.

I agree, I swapped to BT just to test the emergency upkeep and it works damn wonderfully there. Today is a no-raid day and I'll prolly be able to update the strings finally.

Yeah I usually try to stick to at least 5 Blood charges for when I need to FeS Asap.

Same here, I made an icon that only appears if capped on charges.

If between 5 and 11 charges, it appears if we need to FeS, but unable to do so.

I'm starting to think BT is pretty mandatory for necroblight because there will always be a chance for an emergency and we need those extra runes.

I don't Think the extra Rune regen we get from RC is worth it over the insta runes you get from BT.

Edited by VRDRF

BT has always been better for all specs, but it hasn't and won't be the best until people get a firm grasp on said spec. Extra buttons to manage aren't fun when you are still fumbling on something new. smile.png

That said, as RC is basicly a 45% chance for doubled rune regen speed for three seconds on every Death Coil/Sudden Doom (compared to 1 free rune every 5 coils), I'm curious as to how haste affects this equation. Since UH already has higher haste than frost, the recent haste buff and the fact that we actually itemize for haste heavily, I wonder which of the two would result in more runes generated.

It's clear that BT is better for emergencies, but it feels like RC is a lot better now for pure rune generation with the amount of haste that we are getting.

For Frost BT is a clear winner due the nature of RNG KM procs and need to get OB out without being able to plan ahead. For Necroticblight, if we reach enough haste and RC works well, we might not really need BT as a fallback as we accrue better gear.

Edited by Redlok
  • Like 1

I might give it a shot tonight and see how it flows without BT.

Are you updating the WA today with the above suggestions? would love to give it a try :)

I'll probably be able to do most of the suggested edits today or tomorrow at latest. I do think that it's harder to play perfectly with RC due Soul Reaper eating runes and no emergency fallback.

Given enough haste, the amount of runes generated during combat should offset the slight delays that are possible due not being able to BT for Soul Reaper etc. when you fumble.

Edited by Redfella