FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Redfella

Redfella's Unholy Necroticblight WeakAuras

Hey Redfella, thanks for you support ! I have the same client as has Nopileos ( German client ) and now it´s working when I have imported from Wraanger our strings with IDs.

Great job with our strings !

Naxon

Edited by Naxon

Hey,

Just created an account to say thanks for your work.

I'm using the french client and the cooldown helper using spell IDs is not working, it fails when importing. I used this one: http://pastebin.com/yhrE4QmN

The error I got is : "Error deserializing Supplied data is not AceSerializer data (rev 1)".

If anyone can update it on pastebin, that would be great. Cheers !

Tirkyth: "Error deserializing" means the import failed because there were missing characters or extra characters in your paste.

Redfella: Thanks for your help. That's what I thought but I managed to import the two others correctly. It's a simple "select all" > "copy" > "paste" , and I checked many times: first characters are fine, no space before, last characters are fine, no space after. I doubt the computer decided to drop random characters in between. Did you actually try to import the one I linked ?

Edited by Tirkyth

Redfella: Thanks for your help. That's what I thought but I managed to import the two others correctly. It's a simple "select all" > "copy" > "paste" , and I checked many times: first characters are fine, no space before, last characters are fine, no space after. I doubt the computer decided to drop random characters in between. Did you actually try to import the one I linked ?

I have not imported the Spell ID versions myself, however two above posters with German Clients managed to get them work, so I figure they are fine. I will test tonight, when I get home, and will post here afterwards.

I suspect they only imported the rotation helper.

Ok I will wait for your next post then. I appreciate your help, thank you very much.

I'm glad people find this useful :)

Tirkyth: Had a busy day yesterday and forgot to test, I'll try again today, after work. :)

Tirkyth : Try this for your CD's, see how it works:

http://pastebin.com/rriWAtJD

This one works fine, thanks.

Tirkyth: Had a busy day yesterday and forgot to test, I'll try again today, after work. smile.png

Sure, no problem I understand. Morgulz just posted a new one which is working so, problem solved.

Thanks to both of you. This helper is really awesome, one of the most complete one I have seen so far.

Some things I noted:

- I often have a (false) displayed on the Festering Strike ability. I looked into this and it seems it use a LUA function to display a number (I did not understand what it means though). And in this LUA function there are references to spell names written in english. The sad thing is that we can put a spell ID in the GetSpellCooldown() function call, but not in the UnitDebuff() one.

- Sometimes, the rotation helper does not show anything. I have 4 death and 2 unholy runes, and it does not show anything. Maybe it's waiting for the necrotic plague to end because my UB cooldown is almost ready, but shouldn't it tell me to use the ready runes on scourge strike ? Screenshot: http://reho.st/view/self/59998b78da5c173ed4649bf7d1d496f5e638366a.jpg .

AMAZING! This WA string works great! the rotation helper takes a while to load in but don’t worry guys it works! one suggestion I have and I know its probably an easy fix on my end but, how do I change the size without messing up the positioning of the icons? Its just a tad too small for my liking! Other than that it is amazingly helpful! I am now able to extend my NP to the duration of my UB! Keep up the good work!

Slim!

• Like 1

Working good for me the game did look like it was crashing out but I just left it froze for about 15 seconds and then import came up and all was fine :) (Pasted in 1 block) Rotation seams fairly solid tbh. 

Go to the actual groups Display tab and change the size from there - it should resize every icon inside the display from there. You will have to resize both of the icon displays and then move them around a bit if you wish to keep the layout same as that I had.

As the icons are in dynamic groups they will just position themselves next to each other automaticly, from left to right.

Edited by Redfella

Go to the actual groups Display tab and change the size from there - it should resize every icon inside the display from there. You will have to resize both of the icon displays and then move them around a bit if you wish to keep the layout same as that I had.

As the icons are in dynamic groups they will just position themselves next to each other automaticly, from left to right.

It would be really nice to just get them all in one cluster together as you had layed out. This way we can just remove the bits we don't require and its nice and easy to move around. Must have taken me a good 15 mins to get them in the right place lol

Edited by AdamV

I am new back to wow since WotLK been playing about a month now. I have been trying necroblight spec for about 2 weeks and I am pulling between 29-33k on most heroic BRF fights in ilvl 681 gear. I am not sure how i import or download this addon can you give me a little insight as to how to use these strings in game. Thank you very much for your contribution to the DK community and your time and efforts on this addon.

OMG i just tried this out and it is absolutely amazing thanks for the input on my question and the time put into creating the strings. I will put this to the test in Heroic BRF tomorrow night and I will provide input as to the dps increase.

• Like 1

So I tried out the addon in BRF heroic last night and some this morning i got about a 2-3k dps increase. I think this is mainly due to the fact that when it hits the fan i use far too many FeS on my Death Runes just trying to watch the encounter/mechanics and I lose spot in my rotation also with this addon I can manage my Soul Reapers so much better. Thank you very much for the addon maybe one day will come that even during those moments it will come second nature but for now this is the strongest addon in my arsenal.

Glad that it's of use. You are right though, when you finally "learn" the rotation well, it's gonna be better than any helper out there.

Until then, this will help nicely.

I did some poking around in the auras tonight, and I noticed that the ones prioritizing usage for FS and SS when heroism was present had "self only" checked for the heroism / STR pot auras. This would mean that those auras would not be triggered when heroism was cast by someone else and the STR pot was present, and I'm not sure if they would trigger at all with just the STR pot, as I'm not sure the buff would be considered as coming from the player. Is there a reason why "self only" is checked? 

Also, have you considered adding a time remaining check for the heroism buff? 

• Like 1

I did some poking around in the auras tonight, and I noticed that the ones prioritizing usage for FS and SS when heroism was present had "self only" checked for the heroism / STR pot auras. This would mean that those auras would not be triggered when heroism was cast by someone else and the STR pot was present, and I'm not sure if they would trigger at all with just the STR pot, as I'm not sure the buff would be considered as coming from the player. Is there a reason why "self only" is checked? 

Also, have you considered adding a time remaining check for the heroism buff? 

That's definately a mistake, thanks for bringing this to my attention, it worked when I tested them myself with Drums (obviously, since the self checkbox was ticked biggrin.png). Will fix in the next version! 

Will also add Netherwinds for the offchance it's needed, should be pretty rare.

You'd want to stop prioritizing SS when heroism has almost ended? Why?

Edited by Redfella