FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Akama

Guest Kun

Akama's chain lightning was more damaging than I expected from reading the guide. His melee buff is magic and can be dispelled. As an elemental shaman, I focused more on interrupting the chain lightning and just dispelling the melee buff when he applied it. Keeping earthbind down and kiting the wolves helped too. That greatly reduced the damage I took during this fight.

Guest Guest

DEATH KNIGHTS

Recommended Spec: Frost

Recommended Talents:

T1 - Plague Leech

T2 - Lichborne

T3 - Chillblains

T4 - Death Pact

T5 - Runic Empowerment

T6 - Remorseless Winter

Recommended Glyphs:

- Glyph of Anti-Magic Shell

- All others fairly irrelevent

PROCEDURE

1. When you first get in the ring, start off casting Army of the Dead, followed by pre-potting the Potion of Brawler's Might, then casting Pillar of Frost

- DPS as hard as you can until the first wolf pops out - DO NOT INTERRUPT SHADOW STRIKES

- Once each wolf comes out, back off from Akama while using Howling Blast to kill the wolf (you can also Death Grip it and melee it down quickly) - by using Howling Blast, you are ensuring he is slowed and is away from you (Chillblains Talent)

- You will likely get only 3 casts of Chain Lightning throughout the fight - Use Mind Freeze to interrupt the first cast, mitigate the second cast with Anti-Magic Shell, and interrupt the third using Mind Freeze, Strangulate, or Arcane Torrent if you are a Blood Elf

- Throughout the fight you need to use your cooldowns when you feel you need them - generally try not to use cooldowns early in the fight and only use them if you're ~40% health or lower. HE HITS HARDER AT THE END - SAVE THE COOLDOWNS

-> I started off with Death Pact (while Army of the Dead ghouls are alive, so my summoned ghoul can help with damage

-> I grouped with a Warlock and used a Healthstone second

-> By this point, my potion CD was usually finished and I used a Brawler's Healing Potion or a Master Healing Potion

-> I used my Empower Rune Weapon to unload my runes on Death Strike's to heal myself up

-> I used Icebound Fortitude near the end, since he hits harder as the fight progresses do to the stacking buff he gets

-> Use Lichborne as needed to to heal yourself with Death Coil

OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES:

- Use Pillar of Frost every time it's available

- Use Soul Reaper once he's below 35% health

- Use Remorseless Winter if you need help slowing Akama while you're fighting wolves

Guest Alex

I just wanted to point out that it wasn't mentioned in the Shaman walkthrough that you can Purge the buff Akama gets from his melee strikes. This helps a lot when your trying to mitigate the amount of damage done to you.

Guest Hosfae

I just wanted to point out that it wasn't mentioned in the Shaman walkthrough that you can Purge the buff Akama gets from his melee strikes. This helps a lot when your trying to mitigate the amount of damage done to you.

Hunters can also dispell with tranq shot.

Warrior Advice:

Open with a charge and pop DPS cooldowns, but save the following abilities for the Wolves. 

Bladestorm / Die By The Sword / Shield Wall/ Demoralizing Banner

You shouldn't encounter more than 3 wolves during this fight. Use the CDs in that order because he hits harder the longer the fight goes on. Other than that just Pummel or Spell Reflect his casts and make him bleed!