FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Brawler's Guild - Unguloxx

As a boomkin I found him to be so much easier with Nature's Vigil once I started to take damage. It lasted long enough to heal me up while I stood there and burned him down. This is probably going to be true as well for Shadow Priests and Shamans as well with their similar cooldowns.

Edited by krazyito65

Guest Lena

You just need to kite him a lot, stuns, traps, whatever you have. Kiting is the key to this fight.

As a warrior you can go protection, stay in defensive stance, get Second Wind (have ilvl 470-ish tanking gear) and DPS him to death without dying.

If you struggle with this strategy, you can definitely add in Shield Wall, Last Stand, a potion and Shield Barrier to delay dying, as well as getting Shockwave to stun him from time to time. This lets Second WInd to heal you up.

I managed to kill him as fury as well with tons of buffs, the ability that makes you parry all the attacks and Shockwave for stuns but it was much more difficult even in ilvl 490-ish DPS gear.

Affliction Lock:

Tried using Grim of Supremacy + Soul Link Void Lord, got massacred.

Switched back to Grim of Sacrifice (sacced VL), specced Blood Fear, did the following.

Set demonic portal at the back of the room, start standing there, pre-pot and blow cds on the open.

When he reached me I used blood fear and ran to the far side while DPSing and refreshing DoTs, but the time fear broke I was on the other side.

When he reached me again I ported to my demonic portal.

Blood Fear again.

By the time he reached me again he was in execute range, I just blew all my defensive Cds, popped a glyphed lock-rock and pushed him over.

Guest Majesticpeak

As priest, disc is probably easiest. You can easily get it with power infusion, SWP, and smite/penance all the way. when you get low, pop desperate prayer or a pot or both, or fear him away and heal up... pysfiend is also good to keep him away whilst you pump the smites etc... quite easy.

Guest Wulfghar

Pally - i tried this fight as Ret several times pulling near 80k dps each time and still wasnt able to survive only getting him to about 20ish%

So I followed the scattered advise of the other pallies that have done this fight. Went Prot *i had never used this spec before* (kept all my dps gear on but bought a 463 shield and a cheap green 1h from the AH) and went to town making sure to keep the damage reduction debuff on him from using hammer of the rightious every 30 seconds. Kept seal of insight on and just beat him down using a normal tanking rotation *check noxxic.com* - make sure to stack your dps CDs (holy avenger / avenging wrath). Space your defensive CDs, i popped my gaurdian when unguloxx was about 60% health, as soon as that faded i through up Ardent Defender.

I managed to finish the fight with roughly 80% health without ever tossing a heal or using lay on hands. i was fairly close to the enrage timer though - with about 15 seconds to go.

Guest Kathryn

Has anyone done this successfully with an elemental shaman? I've been using Frost Shock glyphed, Capacitor totem, and Earthbind and he still gets me. Any one with what they did sort of step by step? Thanks.

Guest Guest

As Monk, do not attempt this as anything but windwalker. You might get lucky as brewmaster, but it's infinitely easier as windwalker, using Spinning Fire Blossom to root the boss when you need to heal up. Use Xuen to do your damage, remember that expel harm can give you chi when you need it even when you're not in melee, and use healing spheres to heal up while the boss is rooted. If you find yourself unable to get at range (roll on cooldown, no chi to root), use Touch of Karma and/or Fortifying Brew to buy time for those abilities to recharge. Touch of Karma in particular can be a lifesaver. Glyph of Touch of Death will give you that last bit of uumph! you need at the end of the fight; last thing you want is to die because you didn't have 3 chi to kill the boss.

Guest Retadin.

Retpally. You can go to the trouble of going prot or simply play ret right. I got it on the first go with full HP, ilvl 481, and minimal buffs (Might only).

Talents:

- Burden of Guilt*

- Selfless Healer**

- Holy Prism/Execution Sentence (Light's Hammer is a no-no!)

* For kiting purposes. Self-explanatory, really.

** The amount of kiting (using judgement) will be a lot, so you will get numerous increased stackable healing efficiency with this talent. I will explain further as to why/when these procs are handy.

What to do:

Stand a fair distance from Unguloxx to begin with - close enough to judgement, but out of melee distance. Start off activating your burst macro. My tier 6 talent choice was Holy Avenger for this fight, so when I struck with judgement, I immediately had enough Holy Power to pop Inquisition. Then, it was simply a matter of using Hammer of Justice and burst DPS. The trick here is to utlise your burst as much as possible to do a lot of damage - this effectively makes it easier for you to beat the timer. Since Hammer of Justice lasts only a mere 6 seconds while your bursts (Guardian of Ancient Kings, Avenging Wrath and Holy Avenger) are still active, you need to continue DPSing while changing your rotation. The next few steps are crucial.

- Begin to kite Unguloxx using Judgement (Burden of Guilt)

- Use your ranged skills on CD: Judgement, Exorcism, Hammer of Wrath*

- Whenever 3 Holy Power is generated, go in for the kill, so to speak. Basically, this entails running up to Unguloxx and using Templar's Verdict for a quick yet hefty smack

- Run away and make use of Selfless Healer, regardless of generated level of efficiency. Top your health to full HP**

- Rinse and repeat the above steps

- Once below 20% HP, add Hammer of Wrath to your rotation

* Hammer of Wrath can be used so long as Avenging Wrath is activated. Make use of this efficiently by using it whenever possible.

** If executed correctly, you should have only been hit once or twice; Flash of Lights can top your HP easily

Tooltips:

- Lay on Hands is your second life. Use it when near death!

- Keep Inquisiton up if you can manage

- If you take Holy Prism over Execution Sentence (which I did) utilise its double effect of sending two beams: healing you, granted you are within range, and damaging the enemy. This can potentially mean pooling Holy Power to 5, going in the for the kill, hitting him again and then landing another Templar's Verdict before using Holy Prism to heal as you run away.

- If this seems difficult, think of it as fighting a difficult melee class; essentially, you want to mitigate heavy hits but also deal damage. The solution? Kiting. Make them chase you, then suddenly juke them by going in for the kill then running way.

- Think of it as a risk vs. reward game. Whenever you go within melee distance, you will be hit hard. For my initial burst, I stayed within melee distance for longer than the Hammer of Justice because I wanted to deal a lot of damage. This is when I used Lay on Hands.

Guest Amari

For Monk Windwalker specialization:

1. At the start I used [Crackling Jade Lightning] ,as it trew Unguloxx a bit back after his first attack, with gave some time to choose the next move.

2. The next thing that should be done is to use [storm, Earth, and Fire] and [Fortifying Brew] ,because it reduces the masive damage taken.

3. One should also use [Touch of Karma] ,to reply Unguloxx attacks back at him for 10 seconds. This damages him and protects you as well.

4. To stop Unguloxx from attacking for a bit use [Fists of Fury] and [Leg Sweep] or [Charging Ox Wave] if avaible . After the durration of one of thouse spells ends, imidietly use the next one.

5. All the time you should also restore your health with [Expel Harm], and gain some distance with [Roll] to use [Healing Sphere] if the health bar goes down a lot.

6. [blackout Kick] will deal some damage, and if you are facing Unguloxx in front, it also restores some health.

The main damage is done with [Rising Sun Kick] and [Jab] , [Tiger Palm].

7. Finish the fight with [Touch of Death] (If you have actvated the touch of death symobol, this attack wont use chi energy)

At least, that's how I finished this fight...

Warrior Advice:

Don't let the fact that he is a giraffe fool you .. he kicks like an Alabama mule.

Charge and Disrupting Shout to buy you a few seconds to drop your CDs. Use strength pot and zerg him. After Fear wears off immediately drop demoralizing banner and bladestorm so you will still get your dps buff effects. Then it's DBTS and Shield Wall for the win. Don't forget about Rallying Cry if you get a little too low for comfort.