FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ofbeaton

ofbeaton's Alt Guide

EDIT: Newly updated to version 0.5.0+6.2 on Oct 1st with all the Patch 6.2 goodness!

Hi! I compiled together a Alt leveling guide (based on the amazing Heirloom guide in this forum). After spending a few hundred hours, I hope you find it useful in your travels. It has per-class recommendations for:

• Specialization
  • Talents
  • Glyphs
  • Stat priorities
  • Heirloom gear
  • Enchants
  • Heirloom Cost Calculator
You will always find a link to the most up to date version on the site page: http://gaming.ofbeaton.com/wow-alt/

It is coded in a google spreadsheet.

But I need help! I only have my own experience to go by, and there is so few theorycrafters for leveling in wow. I would love some help and feedback on what to change/fix/improve in the guide. I've already made huge improvements since version 0.1.0

Some really key things I want to know:

• crit vs haste heirlooms for leveling? I hear haste is king
  • weapon enchants, both WoD and (cheaper) MoP... confusing for leveling! Haste again? Or pure dps procs? Or another one?
  • any of the runspeed enchants not worth it on specific class (ie, if they don't stack with back or boots)
I put more questions in the actual guide, at the end of each tab of each class. I would love it if people gave feedback on their experiences.

I would especially like to know your /played every 10 levels and what class/spec/method you were using! This would be great to know.

Anyways, happy leveling and I really hope to hear from you!

Edited by ofbeaton
  • Like 2

I got some feedback and did some more research, and put out a new version! 0.3.0+6.1 is out now. Please see the download link above to get the new version.

Changes are:

‣ Added gems for Hellscream weapons
‣ Changed weapon enchants, mastery is Lv 80+
‣ Changed priorities, still vastly prioritizing haste over all secondaries
‣ Fixed a cloak being misidentified as 'equip' when not selected

My Top Qs are:
* Is haste the best secondary stat before Lv 100? If so, when does it stop?
* What are the best weapon enchants in WoD now for each spec?

Do send in your feedback and suggestions, I will update it for sure!

Very nice guide!

I mostly use WoWPro when leveling through quests, be sure to have "TomTom" for it to show the waypoints. Blizzard implemented an "Addon Control Panel" in the 6.0 patch, so having the addon is redundant.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words Archimage, it really means a lot to me. I just released a small update 0.4.0+6.1 today, moving WoWPro up the list, and reorganizing the Mage glyphs. I'm continuing to receive feedback via email and am incorporating it all into new versions. You can see the newest version at: http://ofbeaton.com/wow/

Thanks everyone for the support and if you like it or have feedback please drop me a line!

• Like 1

This is really cool. I'm going to go through what you did and maybe I'll be in touch in the next few days smile.png

• Like 2

Hey everyone! I just did a huge update with 0.5.0+6.2

I've:

- updated the stats on all items, apparently they changed

- added a new Holy Paladin path for dungeons and PVP

- added all the new Heirloom Int Plate that the Paladin is going to use!

- added all the new Heirloom Rings from garrisons

- added all the new Heirloom Trinkets

I don't play the game anymore, but hopefully you still find it useful! Let me know!

Thanks, mang.  Really helped out.  Couldn't find a list like this for the life of me.  Finally able to look down the list and find enchants that are compatible with my level and comp.

:)