Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Legendary Dragon Priest BrM

Sign in to follow this  

29 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Legendary Dragon Priest Deck for BrM.

This is a great deck if your opponent goes afk or doesn't play any minions or removal. There's another term for proactive priest, it's called hand lock. Might as well throw molten giant in the list.

This is a great deck if your opponent goes afk or doesn't play any minions or removal. There's another term for proactive priest, it's called hand lock. Might as well throw molten giant in the list.

Someone is going for the most nonsensical comment on Icy Veins award?

I feel like i've been playing the deck correctly and yet I seem to still struggle against every deck. Is this better than just regular priest control? It plays so few removal spells too. I like the idea of the deck but I feel like it needs more removal maybe?

Great to see a strong dragon deck smile.png

If we don't have Vol'jin, how effective is it to replace him with Dr. Boom or other legendaries? Thx!

Great to see a strong dragon deck!

If we don't have Vol'jin, how effective is it to replace him with Dr. Boom or other legendaries? Thx!

I feel like i've been playing the deck correctly and yet I seem to still struggle against every deck. Is this better than just regular priest control? It plays so few removal spells too. I like the idea of the deck but I feel like it needs more removal maybe?

If I thought it was outright better, I would remove Control Priest from the site. Decks are rarely just better or worse than others in this game.

If you want to play a more reactive deck with removal, then Control Priest is for you.

Great to see a strong dragon deck!

Yeah, Boom is never a bad call.

This deck likely never gets past rank 16, if that far.

It still consistently baffles me that people feel like they have the authority to make these statements.

I assume it's much better than Dragon Pally? Pally is such a disappointment, but if this works better, then I can see it working.

Yeah, I agree with you, I find Dragon Pally to be strictly inferior to Midange Pally at the moment which is why there's no guide up.

Can I reply voljin with loatheb? or cairne bloodhoof? I'm also changing Ysera for chromaggus

I find this deck to be really good and have decent match up all round - at its heart it is a tempo deck and once it gets going it actually is quite unstoppable. It has more removal than you think - Wild Pyro + heals + spells is an absolute beast against aggro, Auchenai SP + CoH is excellent and you will activate Blackwing Corrupter more than you would think.

Lots and lots of options and really fun to play. Once you get rolling people have to answer YOUR minions and thus it's favourable trades all the way. Whether it's better or not but I have put in Chromaggus and Nefarion instead of Vol'jin and Sylvanas and have had some aboslute crazy combos with them late game. They also sit in your hand as additional "dragon" activators.

Whether this is Legendary or not I'm not in the right position to say, but I really believe with a very skilled player this can seriously kick some butt!

No love for Twilight Whelp? Is the little guy too slow of conditional for the deck?

Chow is just better. No reason to have a situational 2/3 when you have a guaranteed one.

Can I reply voljin with loatheb? or cairne bloodhoof? I'm also changing Ysera for chromaggus

Loatheb would be the better choice there.

The only reason I don't care for chow is that it can heal the other.   However; I chose to replace wild pyromancer with 2 mind control techs and so far it seems to be working.  Do you believe this to be a wise choice?

Healing the opponent is not important unless you're playing an aggro deck. I wouldn't cut both Pyros, but I can see cutting one for an MCT being decent.

besides loatheb Are there any other legendaries that can replace voljin? thanks for such a quick replu

Between Nefarian and Chromagus, which do you suggest in place of Ysera until I can get it?

What's a good replacement for sylvanas, maybe boom or another dragon? I know she's really valuable in a priest deck, unfortunately I don't have her yet. Thanks for all of your help!

Do you think a lightbomb would be better in place of Cabal to counter Handlock, Grim Patron, etc?

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Zadina

Dave Kosak is here with a new Hearthside Chat to talk about Dungeon Runs. He also showcased a new legendary card from the new expansion!
      We've already talked about Dungeon Runs, one of the new features that Kobolds & Catacombs will bring. Lead Mission Designer Dave Kosak explains in this latest Hearthside Chat the design process behind Dungeon Runs.
      Dave presented some unique elements only present in Dungeon Runs. For example, there is a card you can pick called Cloak of Invisibility, which has a Passive effect of giving your minions permanent Stealth.
      He also gave some insight on the encounters. Some Dungeon Runs can have thematic encounters, like there's a band of Troggs or Trolls you will have to beat. As far as the Trolls are concerned, Battlecrier Jin'zo has a passive effect that is similar to Brann Bronzebeard, which you and him can both benefit from! Similarly, Spiritspeaker Azun's passive works like Baron Rivendare for both parties, while Voodoomaster Vex combines both of these passive effects!
      The narrator, that will be guiding you through your Dungeon Run, is King Togwaggle - the king of the Kobolds himself! He is also going to be an actual card available in the next expansion:

Images from Hearthpwn
      Here's the official blog post with everything you need to know about Dungeon Runs:
      Blizzard Entertainment
      What’s a Dungeon Run?
      Dungeon Run is a new insanely fun, single-player “rogue-like” mode where you’ll face deadly encounters and collect incredible Treasures to build a deck worthy of a hero!
      When your Dungeon Run starts, you’ll choose a Hero and receive a starting deck consisting of 10 cards. You’ll use it to overcome eight encounters of increasing difficulty (chosen randomly from a huge pool of 48 possible encounters!) to clear the run.

That initial deck might be enough to help you squeak by your first opponent, but you’ll need to get stronger if you hope to clear the whole run. Each time you defeat a Dungeon Run encounter, you’ll be given an opportunity to “level up” your Dungeon Run deck with themed sets of three cards appropriate to your class. Occasionally, you’ll also be able to pick from a selection of three incredibly powerful Treasure cards—non-collectible cards and abilities made just for this mode that are too blatantly overpowered to see normal play.
      You’ll need all that power—as well as your wits—because these encounters can be fiendishly difficult. Victory is not assured, and each encounter has its own unique perils. If one of them gets the better of you, defeat is permanent, so you’ll have to start a different run with a whole new deck!
      If you manage to complete a full Dungeon Run with each of the nine Classes—no mean feat!—you’ll add the Candle King card back to your collection.

(source)
    • By Zadina

In this article, we are covering two new cards: Temporus, a Priest legendary minion, and Benevolent Djinn, a Paladin common minion.
      Benevolent Djinn was revealed earlier today by Thai player Anothersayoran1. The name of the card was officially confirmed by Puffin.

Image by Hearthpwn.
      It is difficult to judge this card without seeing it in action. It’s comparable to Friendly Bartender: while the Djinn heals for more, its 2 attack value is a bit mediocre for a 3-mana minion. Shaman’s Hot Spring Guardian is slightly better, since it has Taunt and a targeted heal effect. Then again, Djinn also acts like a Taunt, in the sense that your opponent probably has to spend early resources to remove its powerful effect. Both cards, though, are beaten by Tar Creeper.
      This make the Djinn a great anti-aggro tool. Additionally, it synergises well with Blackguard and its Elemental tribe means that maybe we’ll get to see an Elemental Paladin. This is definitely a powerful Arena card. But can it secure a spot in constructed mode? It looks difficult, since Paladin already has some great 3-mana minions.

This intriguing minion was revealed by Eurogamer. Its sister site, Metabomb, sat down with Peter Whalen and Ben Thompson to talk about this card. Both developers think that Temporus can be run in either the classic OTK Priest (Divine Spirit + Inner Fire) or in two new versions of Dragon Priest: a more midrange one and an OTK one with Malygos. 
      It would be interesting to see what it's interaction is going to be with Brann Bronzebeard. Temporus is a "high risk, high reward" card and, even if you don't like it or it turns out to be bad, you'd still have to commend its design.
      Don't forget to check out our Kobolds & Catacombs hub for everything you need to know about the upcoming expansion!
    • By Zadina

The 2016 Hearthstone World Champion revealed this rare Druid card.
      Grizzled Guardian was unveiled on Pavel's YouTube channel. It's a rare Druid Beast, that costs 8 mana and has 3 attack and 5 health. It has Taunt and Deathrattle: "Recruit 2 minions that cost (4) or less". Pavel's video is in Russian, but you can enable accurate English subtitles to see what the World Champion has to say about that card.
      After watching Pavel's video, I am convinced that Grizzled Guardian isn't as bad as it looks at first sight. Sure, its stats are garbage, but you should also factor in the stats of the minions it pulls from your deck when it dies. Still, it's hard to see it fit into the current meta. Perhaps, it can see play when the Year of the Kraken sets rotate out of Standard. It also weakens the 8-mana slot for Evolve and similar effect.
      What's your opinion on Grizzled Veteran? As always, all the cards of the new expansion can be found in our Kobolds & Catacombs hub.
      PS: Turns out it's not Hogger 3.0 :(
    • By Aleco

The newest Legendary Shaman minion has me shaking in my boots. Is this the card that will put Elemental Shaman over the top?
      Chinese Hearthstone streamer Snowkiss has revealed the Legendary Shaman minion from K&C. This bad boy appears to pack quite the punch - my mind is already racing with potential combos and synergies for Grumble, World Shaker:

Card image courtesy of Hearthpwn.com
      Elementals have plenty of powerful Battlecry triggers which Grumble could play for a second time. Kalimos, Primal Lord, Servant of Kalimos, Blazecaller, and Jade Spirit immediately come to mind as potent synergies for the shaker of worlds. Grumble could also be used to double down of Jade cards such as Jade Chieftain and Aya Blackpaw, or could even be used to recycle the Battlecry triggers of the old gods. All of this on a 7/7 for 6 mana? Sign me up!
      Is this the card that Elemental Shaman has been waiting for? Let us know what you think about Grumble in the comment section, and check out our Kobolds and Catacombs hub for more information on the upcoming set.
    • By Caldyrvan
      I am glad I'm watching Chump because not only he's an inspiration but also because I was browsing through the standard priest deck lists provided here and even though it's a long list they are all pretty much the same (many of them no fun anymore, at least to me and def. no fun to play against) and I get the feeling lately Icy Veins tries to provide the most expensive decks only. No doubt they are effective and successful but as I said, getting bored and it's kind of bad for every new player visiting this page and just seeing (s)he has to play longer than some cards take to rotate out of standard to acquire a viable deck. 
      So, I was wondering why are the no decks like the following in this list, something wrong with adding such decks? Of course you can't add every possible deck type/variation but with a dozen Highlander and Dragon priest decks already being in this list there should be room for at least one or two others.
      All credit goes to Chump for this deck, I'm just posting it as well as his first video with it.
      Total Arcane Dust cost: 1600
      With all of the cards being basic, common or rare we can assume most players have most of the cards maybe a few to craft. Pretty cheap imo.
      2x Emerald Reaver 2x Northshire Cleric 2x Potion of Madness 2x Power Word: Shield 2x Voodoo Doctor 2x Golakka Crawler 2x Radiant Elemental 2x Shadow Ascendant 1x Deathspeaker 2x Happy Ghoul 2x Kabal Talonpriest 2x Auchenai Soulpriest 2x Keening Banshee 1x Darkscale Healer 2x Sunborne Val'kyr 2x Bonemare Deck Code: AAECAa0GAsYEmssCDoQB7QHlBPIMtbsC8LsC2MEC3cIC5MICyMsCzswCn84Cps4ClegCAA==
      He was playing 2 version of this deck with the other being a bit more expensive using Genzo, the Shark and Leeroy Jenkins instead of the 2 Auchenai Soulpriest.
      Have Fun :)
      -> Budget Cannibal Warlock -> Budget Handbuff Paladin