Damien

[Archived] S20 Hearthstone Legendary Dragon Priest BrM

Sign in to follow this  

29 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Legendary Dragon Priest Deck for BrM.

This is a great deck if your opponent goes afk or doesn't play any minions or removal. There's another term for proactive priest, it's called hand lock. Might as well throw molten giant in the list.

This is a great deck if your opponent goes afk or doesn't play any minions or removal. There's another term for proactive priest, it's called hand lock. Might as well throw molten giant in the list.

Someone is going for the most nonsensical comment on Icy Veins award?

I feel like i've been playing the deck correctly and yet I seem to still struggle against every deck. Is this better than just regular priest control? It plays so few removal spells too. I like the idea of the deck but I feel like it needs more removal maybe?

Great to see a strong dragon deck smile.png

If we don't have Vol'jin, how effective is it to replace him with Dr. Boom or other legendaries? Thx!

Great to see a strong dragon deck!

If we don't have Vol'jin, how effective is it to replace him with Dr. Boom or other legendaries? Thx!

I feel like i've been playing the deck correctly and yet I seem to still struggle against every deck. Is this better than just regular priest control? It plays so few removal spells too. I like the idea of the deck but I feel like it needs more removal maybe?

If I thought it was outright better, I would remove Control Priest from the site. Decks are rarely just better or worse than others in this game.

If you want to play a more reactive deck with removal, then Control Priest is for you.

Great to see a strong dragon deck!

Yeah, Boom is never a bad call.

This deck likely never gets past rank 16, if that far.

It still consistently baffles me that people feel like they have the authority to make these statements.

I assume it's much better than Dragon Pally? Pally is such a disappointment, but if this works better, then I can see it working.

Yeah, I agree with you, I find Dragon Pally to be strictly inferior to Midange Pally at the moment which is why there's no guide up.

Can I reply voljin with loatheb? or cairne bloodhoof? I'm also changing Ysera for chromaggus

I find this deck to be really good and have decent match up all round - at its heart it is a tempo deck and once it gets going it actually is quite unstoppable. It has more removal than you think - Wild Pyro + heals + spells is an absolute beast against aggro, Auchenai SP + CoH is excellent and you will activate Blackwing Corrupter more than you would think.

Lots and lots of options and really fun to play. Once you get rolling people have to answer YOUR minions and thus it's favourable trades all the way. Whether it's better or not but I have put in Chromaggus and Nefarion instead of Vol'jin and Sylvanas and have had some aboslute crazy combos with them late game. They also sit in your hand as additional "dragon" activators.

Whether this is Legendary or not I'm not in the right position to say, but I really believe with a very skilled player this can seriously kick some butt!

No love for Twilight Whelp? Is the little guy too slow of conditional for the deck?

Chow is just better. No reason to have a situational 2/3 when you have a guaranteed one.

Can I reply voljin with loatheb? or cairne bloodhoof? I'm also changing Ysera for chromaggus

Loatheb would be the better choice there.

The only reason I don't care for chow is that it can heal the other.   However; I chose to replace wild pyromancer with 2 mind control techs and so far it seems to be working.  Do you believe this to be a wise choice?

Healing the opponent is not important unless you're playing an aggro deck. I wouldn't cut both Pyros, but I can see cutting one for an MCT being decent.

besides loatheb Are there any other legendaries that can replace voljin? thanks for such a quick replu

Between Nefarian and Chromagus, which do you suggest in place of Ysera until I can get it?

What's a good replacement for sylvanas, maybe boom or another dragon? I know she's really valuable in a priest deck, unfortunately I don't have her yet. Thanks for all of your help!

Do you think a lightbomb would be better in place of Cabal to counter Handlock, Grim Patron, etc?

Sign in to follow this