FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Heroes of the Storm Anub'arak

Guest Kroshak

Before fix: This warrior sucks, it doesnt work, bla bla bla

After fix: He is the best warrior in the world.......

Its kinda fun to watch this kind of commentaries in the forums of heroes, but well i knew he was good, excelent cc, excelent ultimates, the only thing that was holding him before the KT patch was the AI bettles and the slow movement of the q

And now that hes fixed hes too op for everyone, kinda reminding ETC back in the day when he was considered low tier, then someone got the buildright then he moved to high tier........

Im having the feeling hes going to get nerfed just because of the complains but well i hope they dont destroy him like stitches

Guest Wrexsoul

In the level 20 talents section, Cryptweave is still discussed as if it's a channeled ability, making it seem like the talent updates hasn't been taken into consideration for this particular talent.

On 6/15/2016 at 6:21 PM, Guest Wrexsoul said:

In the level 20 talents section, Cryptweave is still discussed as if it's a channeled ability, making it seem like the talent updates hasn't been taken into consideration for this particular talent.

Thanks, that should have been fixed.

Guest JLynck

I feel like this build just sucks. I'm an avid user of IV builds and all seem to be highly competitive.... except this one. I just CANNOT win with this hero and this build. Please help!

On August 6, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Guest JLynck said:

I feel like this build just sucks. I'm an avid user of IV builds and all seem to be highly competitive.... except this one. I just CANNOT win with this hero and this build. Please help!

How are you playing him? I'll admit I've never touched him besides in try mode, but when I've played with/against good Anub'arak players (not very often, let me tell you), he's meant to crowd control the enemy backline into oblivion (assuming he picked up CocoonCocoon) by burrow charging in to initiate, the immediately following up with ImpaleImpale and CocoonCocoon to get rid of an enemy healer or high DPS hero in the backline. It also is worth noting he isn't a Muradin or E.T.C., but should be played as an off tank (like Dehaka). This also requires a team willing to follow you into battle, as a hesitant one will land you dead right after your crowd control wears off.

On 12/14/2016 at 2:04 AM, Niteshadow said:

This also requires a team willing to follow you into battle, as a hesitant one will land you dead right after your crowd control wears off.

This is often a huge problem for Anub players. You need followup damage, or you're just going to die constantly. Anub isn't mean to kill, he's meant to setup kills.

• Sad 1

On 2/12/2017 at 11:07 AM, Blainie said:

This is often a huge problem for Anub players. You need followup damage, or you're just going to die constantly. Anub isn't mean to kill, he's meant to setup kills.

Not to mention that both his offensive Basic Abilites require precision to land. In his current state I'd say he fits well the two Warrior Meta, specially if there are Mages in the opposing team. But sadly Anub can't solo tank at all.

16 hours ago, Valhalen said:

Not to mention that both his offensive Basic Abilites require precision to land. In his current state I'd say he fits well the two Warrior Meta, specially if there are Mages in the opposing team. But sadly Anub can't solo tank at all.

Exactly. He's one of those heroes that is brutally punishing but also incredibly rewarding when you play well.

• Like 1

Can this kind of build be viable? https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/talent-calculator/anubarak#23.0!3331121

I like the idea of spawning bettles to fight and I wanted to make a build around it, obviously it focus on increasing the number of beetles, their damages (also increasing their healing with Leeching Scarabs) and gain a form of passive sustain in teamfight, as well as the long term AOE damage output with Burning Rage. I think Legion of Beetles at lvl 4 can also help in lanes duels in the early game. What do you think? 

Edited by Farbas

6 hours ago, Farbas said:

Can this kind of build be viable? https://www.icy-veins.com/heroes/talent-calculator/anubarak#23.0!3331121

I like the idea of spawning bettles to fight and I wanted to make a build around it, obviously it focus on increasing the number of beetles, their damages (also increasing their healing with Leeching Scarabs) and gain a form of passive sustain in teamfight, as well as the long term AOE damage output with Burning Rage. I think Legion of Beetles at lvl 4 can also help in lanes duels in the early game. What do you think? 

Do you really want to know whether the build is viable, or rather whether the build can be competitive?

If it's the former, I'd say it is viable, but I think it could be refined a bit. Maybe you are focusing bit too much on the Scarab HostScarab Host synergy. While I might not be as skilled with Anub'arak as you are (no idea tbh), I would pick Chitinous Plating Icon Chitinous Plating for higher survivability and to be able to spam Harden CarapaceHarden Carapace. I would have also chosen Urticating Spines Icon Urticating Spines as it deals damage as well, but the damage is instantaneous and will quite likely be higher than with Burning Rage Icon Burning Rage.

The build seems weak against heroes with spammable AoE abilities, which significantly limits its use.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2017 at 7:17 PM, positiv2 said:

The build seems weak against heroes with spammable AoE abilities, which significantly limits its use.

Not only that, but Anub'arak's beetles are only useful to block some skillshots and soak Tower ammo. Since the scarab build is no longer viable, specially given how AoE oriented the current meta is, picking any of the scarab-related talents is usually a bit bad. So, as you said, I agree that going for a higher survivability is better (specially since he has a pretty low healthpool for a Warrior).

Maybe the rework in the Probius patch will give him more diversity, although Blizzard already stated they will further emphasize his role as a Anti-Mage character. Given his kit I think it is great to make him even better at harassing Mages.

Edited by Valhalen
  • Like 1

Guest Sken

This build needs an update. Shed Exoskeleton is listed as a "Never Pick" but MasterLeague has it listed in two builds, one of which is the most popular build of all chosen (with a 67% win rate) and the other is somewhat popular with an 86% win rate.

Clearly some of this info is out of date and need review.

I use the Harden Carapace Talents and the area size talent for the tunneling.

When you add them all up it makes for a tough fairly constant shielded and spell armoured tank.

The damage is ok. Not quite Bruiser level but a threat when you add his speed and ability to deal damage on the go.

So the damage adds up because he can constantly maintain it on a target.

He is stamina heavy though. Will need to hearth a few times to regenerate it even if his health bar is easy to maintain.

15 hours ago, Morcalivan said:

I use the Harden Carapace Talents and the area size talent for the tunneling.

When you add them all up it makes for a tough fairly constant shielded and spell armoured tank.

The damage is ok. Not quite Bruiser level but a threat when you add his speed and ability to deal damage on the go.

So the damage adds up because he can constantly maintain it on a target.

He is stamina heavy though. Will need to hearth a few times to regenerate it even if his health bar is easy to maintain.

@Oxygen is sleeping on the W build for so long now. This build pretty much showcases how insanely tanky Anub'arak can be. 

Lv 1: Nerubian Armor

Lv 4: Shed Exoskeleton

Lv 7: Chitinous Plating

Lv 10: Cocoon (obviously)

Lv 13: Urticating Spines

Lv 16: Epicentre

Lv 20: Rewind (again obviously)

This video is a good example for how it works. 

• Haha 1

Yeah I don't always take 10 and 20. As effective as cocoon is, it's just not as fun as Locust Swarm. Makes me feel all tanky. I wish that one had a lower cooldown though. Hardened Shield is also pretty useful against stun heavy teams that like to combo. Rewind is really just for the extra stuns right, you don't need it for Hardened Carapace. So if your value to the team is best in your ability to block shots then go Hardened Shield. If it is your ability to land stuns, then Rewind. Hardened Shield is also best on Boss heavy maps I think. Against the Mech, would you want more stuns that do nothing or more armour to block some mech attacks? How about against the Punisher? Do you want to tank several punches from it without Hardened Shield? So I think it depends on the map.

Anyone see if Debilitation works on Mech or not?

Edited by Morcalivan

7 hours ago, Morcalivan said:

Yeah I don't always take 10 and 20. As effective as cocoon is, it's just not as fun as Locust Swarm. Makes me feel all tanky. I wish that one had a lower cooldown though. Hardened Shield is also pretty useful against stun heavy teams that like to combo. Rewind is really just for the extra stuns right, you don't need it for Hardened Carapace. So if your value to the team is best in your ability to block shots then go Hardened Shield. If it is your ability to land stuns, then Rewind. Hardened Shield is also best on Boss heavy maps I think. Against the Mech, would you want more stuns that do nothing or more armour to block some mech attacks? How about against the Punisher? Do you want to tank several punches from it without Hardened Shield? So I think it depends on the map.

Anyone see if Debilitation works on Mech or not?

I'd rather stun-lock enemy heroes to win team fight and take the objective instead. So Rewind every day.